Cleaning hats

NYIJM29

I wear a lot of hats and when ever they get dirty I just throw em in the wash with my clothes, take it out after the load spins out put it on your head wet so it forms to your head.

I've seen people throw em in the dish washer http://cgi.ebay.com/Baseball-Cap-Dishwasher-Cage-Platic-Hat-Washer-Rack-/260725757368?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb47755b8 but i think what i've been doing works fine.

If the hat is really dirty I rub soap on it before you toss it in.

The only time this would not be a good idea is if the bill is made of cardboard but I havent seen a hat with a cardboard bill since the mid to late 90's.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the help ! I have a lot of dust on my Jets hat like that and my Isles hat I wear after my games, so I want to get the sweat out lol.

Be glad your not a fan of Chicago teams, tears never wash out. Being a long time idiot supporter of the Blackhawks, Cubs and Bears I would know.

The Hawks won for the 1st time in my lifetime but have tanked this year. I guess my Cup hat is gonna have to last me a looooong time.

I just picked up two Isles jerseys but am looking for the Gordons fishermen one in a size 52 or 54 in the blue. Any ideas where a guy could look? E-bay seems a little high.

I just picked up two Isles jerseys but am looking for the Gordons fishermen one in a size 52 or 54 in the blue. Any ideas where a guy could look? E-bay seems a little high.

I got mine from the online shop of a local skating rink lol (http://sportsplus4-store.stores.yahoo.net/soccerjerseys.html they have some smaller size replicas if anyone is interested for other teams) like 3 years ago. I ended up paying $60 with shipping for both the home and away in a size 48. That was the only time I have seen them for sale. Ebay is probably the best bet...just be patient!

i always seemed weary of putting my hats in with my wash (mainly MLB New Era ones) for fear they would shrink, but I have an awesome black New Era Wild hat that has a bit of dust on it that I don't want to ruin. Safe to toss it in the ol laundry machine?

i always seemed weary of putting my hats in with my wash (mainly MLB New Era ones) for fear they would shrink, but I have an awesome black New Era Wild hat that has a bit of dust on it that I don't want to ruin. Safe to toss it in the ol laundry machine?

Like i said, I have no problem throwing my most prized hat in the wash, The improtant part is NOT to throw it in the dryer, I find it helps form the hat to your head if you wear it around wet for an hour or two. It should be fine.

I bought a Chicago Blackhawks hat with the Helsinki patch on the back (they opened their Cup winning season there) I plan on throwing it in the wash tonight with a load of laundry. This will be it's 4th wash.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try some of these tips. In the past whenever I've washed a cap the bill is never quite the same. Maybe I need one of those cap washer things that keeps the bill shaped properly.

• 4 months later...

I would buy a cap buddy which is like 5 to 7 bucks place it in a half load of clothes with detergent and no fabric softner. I forgot if its on delecate setting or regular but use cold water.