Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nike 44 fits a bit bigger than a 46 2.0. The Nike actually is a pretty close match to a 50 2.0- this pic is of a Nike 44 over a 50 2.0:

image_zpsowgc5kmm.jpg

Found a pic of a 46 2.0 over a Nike 44:

image_zpsofvpuxcf.jpg

I just bought a NWT White Rangers jersey in 46-R ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/131575272967 ) from eBay.

I also own a Blue Rangers jersey in 46-R. They are from different years I think, the White one has a blue Starter tag ( This: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDYwMA==/z/ZCcAAOSw9N1Vgw62/$_57.JPG ), while the Blue jersey has a white starter tag (like this: http://s224.photobucket.com/user/burnabyjoesakic/media/Hockey%20Jerseys/PeterForsbergStarterBurgundynecktagging.jpg.html )

The size difference is huge between the Blue and White one. The White one I just bought fits like a Size 54!

Anyone familiar if the sizes between years varied greatly for the Starter jerseys? Do they shrink in the dryer? I can't believe how big this 46-R is.

Thanks!

I'll try to get some pics comparing the two soon.

Edited by liquidice

I have quite a few Starter 46-R's, and while there is some fluctuation in size amongst them, the white Rangers is by far the largest. But I wouldn't say it's anywhere near a 54 though.

I have quite a few Starter 46-R's, and while there is some fluctuation in size amongst them, the white Rangers is by far the largest. But I wouldn't say it's anywhere near a 54 though.

Interesting - I wonder why the White Rangers is bigger than other 46-R's. I'll take some pics tonight to show the difference. A size 54 was just my off the cuff guess - compared to like an old '93-94 CCM size 54, not sure if it really is that big - but it looked like that when I was wearing it :)

Its too bad - it probably won't really fit well on me because it is so big. I really love the Starter Mesh jerseys, they're so comfortable! :)

Edited by liquidice

I remember now that's the jersey you were concerned about because it was relisted. See, I told you you didn't have anything to worry about! :)

My white Rangers fits larger than a 46, but I don't think it's much bigger than a 48-R. Strange (and unfortunate) that yours seems that big.

Yeah, you were right, thanks LAK74! The guy seems to have a bunch of them, because after selling the 2nd one, he has a 3rd listed now.

Pics:

So the sleeves are the biggest difference -

Compared to another Starter 46-R:

ynL5WhI.jpg

Compared to an old ('93-94?) CCM size 54:

13mtXVb.jpg

When comparing the body of the jersey it isn't that off...

fUJEA4o.jpg

And definitely smaller than the CCM Size 54:

ZS0FjRb.jpg

Just surprised because the blue Size 46-R seems to fit a lot better, not just because of the sleeves either.

Edited by liquidice

The white Rangers I have is pictured below another Starter 46-R which is one of the smaller ones I have. The Rangers one is not much wider than the Blues one, but it's significantly longer and the sleeves are wider and longer as well. I'm not really crazy about how it fits either.

image_zpse1f03add.jpg

What would a Nike size 52 compare to an Edge 2.0?

46 fits me better in 2.0's but I usually get 50's (they are slightly baggy but I'm fine with that) so the customization doesn't have to be shrunken down.

side question: when was this jersey worn? pic is attached

post-15527-0-02897100-1440436631_thumb.j

If your sizing question relates to the jersey in the picture, then I'd say the Nike 52 fits close to a 58 in the 2.0.

If your sizing question relates to the jersey in the picture, then I'd say the Nike 52 fits close to a 58 in the 2.0.

That is the jersey I'm asking about. Ok so that's a no go for me haha

You want a 44 in that style. See my Nike pics just a few posts above.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this was asked already...

What would an early 90's CCM cut be comparable to in the Reebok Edge cut?

Specifically, I snagged a size 44 CCM for a great deal, and I'm wondering what if it will fit or if I'll need to re-sell it.

I bought a 44 CCM for my sister last year. She's about 5'4" 110lb and it fits her perfectly. I also got her a size 46 2.0, and the sleeves are waaaay longer on that, actually long enough for me at 6'4".

If you'd be interested I could post a comparison pic between the two later.

I bought a 44 CCM for my sister last year. She's about 5'4" 110lb and it fits her perfectly. I also got her a size 46 2.0, and the sleeves are waaaay longer on that, actually long enough for me at 6'4".

If you'd be interested I could post a comparison pic between the two later.

Crap, that's what I was afraid of... it's probably going to be WAY too small for me (I usually wear a 52/54 Edge 2.0)... but it was a great deal so I couldn't pass it up.

If you get a chance, can you post the CCM 44 on top of either an Edge 2.0 52 or 54, if you have one?

Holy hell, yeah I also typically wear 52-54 edges. The sleeves on that 44 ccm might not cover even half of your forearm. Those things are tiny.

I have both of those sizes, give me a few minutes and I'll post it.

Edit: Turns out my only 54s are 1.0s. But here's the CCM 44 on a 52 2.0. Kinda tough since the edge sleeves want to be angled down while the ccms want to go straight out to the side. But it should give you an idea.

IMAG1930.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

Yea, I figured it would be too small, but I really had no concept of the CCM sizing... but for $25 I couldn't really go wrong. I'll just end up re-selling it then. Thanks for the help.

Happy to help. I had the same thing in mind when I bought the 44. I was hoping it would fit since mine cost about $30 too, but I knew I had a use for it even if it didn't.

FYI, I just picked up a Premier Avalanche home jersey, size small. Pit to pit measures 23" rather than the 26" listed online at the shop.nhl site. Also, back hem to bottom is 32" rather than the 33" listed online. Sleeves are 34" from the center seam at the top of the back collar to the cuff. It fits me fine (5'8" 150#) but just wanted to put this out there.

Has Nike changed their sizing much over the years?

For example, I have a new (last year) Penn State Nike jersey, size 52, that fits great.

I'm looking at an older NHL Nike jersey, also size 52.

Are they going to be close in size, or was there some drastic change?

Maybe someone can help me with this question:

Which size-jump is bigger: CCM/6100 sz 48 to 52 or Edge sz 50 to 54?

With hockey equipment I can rock 44-48 CCM, which plays comfortable. I'm wondering how far I could go size-wise, without getting tripped or charged by my own sweater.

I think the size jump is somewhat bigger with the CCM's. When you go up 2 sizes (i.e., 48-52), you get a true 2 inch width increase. With the Edges, the width increases by just slightly under 2 inches. Also the sleeve length increase seems greater with the CCM's.

In my case, I can wear an Edge 46-50 easily, and even go up to 52 at a stretch. But with CCM's I can wear 44-46 but cannot even go to a 48.

• 3 weeks later...

How will a size 58 Reebok 6100 jersey fit vs. an edge 2.0 size 60? Will the older Reebok fit looser than the edge jersey? And isn't the Reebok 6100 jersey basically a CCM/Koho air-knit with Reebok branding?