Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

26 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It's a slippery slope...     :)

Yeah, the second one will come within weeks of the first, when you realize you gave the home and need the road (or vice versa). And it's straight downhill from there. 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, the second one will come within weeks of the first, when you realize you gave the home and need the road (or vice versa). And it's straight downhill from there. 

"Now that I have the home and road I definitely need the alternate version to complete the set..."

Just now, Committed said:

"Now that I have the home and road I definitely need the alternate version to complete the set..."

Yup, then it's "I definitely need a (insert name) jersey", and it's a short trip to EVERY JERSEY IN MY SIZE MUST BE MINE!!!!

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, then it's "I definitely need a (insert name) jersey", and it's a short trip to EVERY JERSEY IN MY SIZE MUST BE MINE!!!!

See I can already tell that this is going to be me and I haven't even got one yet! I know what I'm like! Doesn't help that being someone who just discovered hockey, I don't have any allegiance to any particular team. I've been watching as many games as I can, just enjoying watching the game, and every time I'm like "oh those look sweet". 

Oh well, who needs savings eh?! :lol:

32 minutes ago, Johnaldson said:

See I can already tell that this is going to be me and I haven't even got one yet! I know what I'm like! Doesn't help that being someone who just discovered hockey, I don't have any allegiance to any particular team. I've been watching as many games as I can, just enjoying watching the game, and every time I'm like "oh those look sweet". 

Oh well, who needs savings eh?! :lol:

Yup, he's one of us. 

HELP!!!

Hey everyone! Hoping to get some insight into sizing for this jersey:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/STEVE-YZERMAN-FINAL-GAME-5-1-2006-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-JERSEY-NEW-/272034674961?var=570847944954&hash=item3f5687b911:m:m2dwwGS1UmbNeUxBypebl8Q

I currently wear a size 54 in the Edge 2.0's and LOVE the fit of the 54. I have NO CLUE what a 48 in this older style would equal to in today's Edge 2.0.

Is anyone able to help me out on this one? Is this a comparable fit?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Do anyone have a picture of a Reebok 6100 size 46 ontop of a 48? I'm debating what size I'll get. I do have a 46 which has a good arm length and which I lean towards. If IIRC the edge 1.0's is four numbers up on the 6100's, so a edge 50 is a 6100 46 and so on?

Edit: Nevermind, found a perfect topic for this question after some more searching..

Edited by Lumpjaw

Around a 54 in 2.0's.  (1990's Nikes, that is, not Swifts.)

Edited by LAK74

Hello all, first time poster here.

I've purchased a number of jerseys over the years which are all knockoffs..some good, some not so good. Now that I can afford something legit, I'm having a hard time finding the size I need.  I measured three of my jerseys that fit me the best and compared those measurements to a couple sizing charts referenced here and on a couple other sites.  The sizing/fit I am going for is based on the following measurements:

Sleeve End to end   Neckline to front Hem (from top of NHL collar insert)   Collar to back Hem   Armpit to armpit

68                                  27                                                                                      34.5                     26

The closest fit I can find based on size charts are the Reebok Premier in XL.  I'm 5'11' 255 (hey...I'm working on it!! LOL) and normally wear XXL in t-shirts and polos.    

An interesting thing too is that the jersey I used for these measurements and which fit I like, was bought directly from China but it had the "Made in Canada" tag in it along with the "Reebok Center Ice" tag inside.  It was listed as size 54, but considering where it came from, I doubt the accuracy of that.  The other one that fits me well is a decent looking knockoff too, but it's Reebok tag says "Made in Korea."  That one I do believe since I bought it when I was stationed there.

Any help you kind folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by OJ-Pens Fan
Accidental Save

Chest measurement is usually how I go. On people who are not thin, if the chest fits, everything else pretty much falls into place. 

27" is roughly a size 54 in the pre-Reebok Edge jerseys, roughly a 58 in an Edge. You could probably go up one size from both of those numbers if you like them a little looser, they won't be so loose they look ridiculous. But, in the Edge, if you went up a size the arms could be too long. Many people have that complaint, I have a 37" sleeve so I don't have that issue. 

In terms of Premiers, they are made out of crappy material and I would suggest you avoid those altogether. Plus, if you follow the sale ads here or eBay close enough, you can find an Authentic for near what the full retail of a Premier is.

You're trying to improve your collection, you might as well do it right!

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Chest measurement is usually how I go. On people who are not thin, if the chest fits, everything else pretty much falls into place. 

27" is roughly a size 54 in the pre-Reebok Edge jerseys, roughly a 58 in an Edge. You could probably go up one size from both of those numbers if you like them a little looser, they won't be so loose they look ridiculous. But, in the Edge, if you went up a size the arms could be too long. Many people have that complaint, I have a 37" sleeve so I don't have that issue. 

In terms of Premiers, they are made out of crappy material and I would suggest you avoid those altogether. Plus, if you follow the sale ads here or eBay close enough, you can find an Authentic for near what the full retail of a Premier is.

You're trying to improve your collection, you might as well do it right!

Thanks for the quick response!

Is the 27" you're referring to the chest (armpit to armpit) size or the neckline to hem length?

The center of the neck to the cuff on my reference jersey was 36.5 but I'm not sure if that's the proper place to measure or not. I got that sizing location from another site that had a lot more areas they measured.

My concern (other than fitting my gut...) is sleeve length as well. I don't really like them to be too long.

I totally agree with you on finding an authentic.  That's really what I've been looking for but to all the talk about the Edge and the different sizes just got me more confused.  I was looking at the Penguins 2017 stadium series authentic, but all they have on IJ is size 60 which I'm thinking would be huge.

21 minutes ago, OJ-Pens Fan said:

My concern (other than fitting my gut...) is sleeve length as well. I don't really like them to be too long.

I totally agree with you on finding an authentic.  That's really what I've been looking for but to all the talk about the Edge and the different sizes just got me more confused.  I was looking at the Penguins 2017 stadium series authentic, but all they have on IJ is size 60 which I'm thinking would be huge.

At your height/weight, I'm guessing a 60 Edge 2.0 would be a little big. And unless your arms are long, the sleeves might bother you. I'm thinking 54/56 would work fine. PM me if you'd like - I've spent time in that weight class. :)

47 minutes ago, OJ-Pens Fan said:

Is the 27" you're referring to the chest (armpit to armpit) size or the neckline to hem length?

Chest pit to pit. 

19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

At your height/weight, I'm guessing a 60 Edge 2.0 would be a little big. And unless your arms are long, the sleeves might bother you. I'm thinking 54/56 would work fine. PM me if you'd like - I've spent time in that weight class. :)

It would be a little big. But he could probably make it work in a pinch, is what I meant. 

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Around a 54 in 2.0's.  (1990's Nikes, that is, not Swifts.)

I'll tell ya, those 90s Nikes must have different sizes depending on the year. I just got a 1996-97 Nike size 48 that is almost identical in measurements to my 99+ CCM/Koho/6100 48s. I had always thought they would be bigger. But not this one. One thing I noticed is that it's marked a size 48 but says M on the tag when sometimes I've seen the Nike 48s say L on the tag. Odd. Maybe there was a change somewhere along the line?

Edited by jsh139

Thanks for the guidance mfitz and furiousd!  I'm leaning towards a 58 in the Edge although double checking my measurements on the jersey that fits me nice, it still seems the sleeves will be too short.  I measured ~38" on my current jersey and the Edges look to be 35" in the size 60 (according to a size chart on Jersey Baron).

Another thing I've noticed is there seems to be a number of different size charts too.  :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Help needed. I'm 1,80 m and 85 kgs, that would correspond to roughly 5"11 and 185lbs if I'm not mistaken.

I'm going to buy my first Reebok authentic Edge 2.0. What size should I pick?

And for a CCM Vintage jersey as sold by sportsk.com?

http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-nhl-hockey-jerseys.html

I wear a size 52 in the '90s jerseys and I've been buying 2.0 size 56 jerseys. I'm trying to get a 2.0 in 56 of a certain jersey but supply seems to have dried up. Are 54 2.0s significantly smaller than the 56? If the difference is negligible I may just go with a 54. Thanks in advance!

On 02/23/2017 at 9:11 AM, Hardanger said:

Help needed. I'm 1,80 m and 85 kgs, that would correspond to roughly 5"11 and 185lbs if I'm not mistaken.

I'm going to buy my first Reebok authentic Edge 2.0. What size should I pick?

And for a CCM Vintage jersey as sold by sportsk.com?

http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-nhl-hockey-jerseys.html

Depending on how you like the fit, probably anywhere from a 52 to a 56. Can't really speak to the vintage sizes.

52 minutes ago, DevilsWorship said:

I wear a size 52 in the '90s jerseys and I've been buying 2.0 size 56 jerseys. I'm trying to get a 2.0 in 56 of a certain jersey but supply seems to have dried up. Are 54 2.0s significantly smaller than the 56? If the difference is negligible I may just go with a 54. Thanks in advance!

Which one are you looking for? I've found a given size will fit a little differently for the different templates. Generally the ones with center body panels (Calgary heritage, first Hawks WC, etc.) feel roomier to me. But overall, I find 54's and 56's to be pretty close.

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Which one are you looking for? I've found a given size will fit a little differently for the different templates. Generally the ones with center body panels (Calgary heritage, first Hawks WC, etc.) feel roomier to me. But overall, I find 54's and 56's to be pretty close.

The black Sharks jersey. Thanks!