Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It'll be bigger than you're used to.  You'll probably want a size 52 in the older CCMs.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

It'll be bigger than you're used to.  You'll probably want a size 52 in the older CCMs.

Yup. General rule of thumb, as I’ve been taught, is your Edge size is 2 sizes larger. A 54 Edge guy could probably wear a CCM 50, but if that size exists, they must be rare because I never see them.  Usually it’s 48 or 52.

CCM 50’s do exist, but usually as gamers, not blanks.  Hard to be sure of their origin because back in the early 90’s there generally weren’t any differences between TI and retail authentics.

I have a couple size 50s, but they are pretty rare.  Don't see them that often, especially in the later years before the Edge jerseys came about.  Similar with the size 46.

At least for me, you add 6 to the Nike size to get the equivalent Edge size.  That seller is a member here (The Dude Abides).  

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

At least for me, you add 6 to the Nike size to get the equivalent Edge size.  That seller is a member here (The Dude Abides).  

I'm not sure I agree. I wear a 56 in both Nike and CCM, add 4 for my Edge size. Though, adding 4 to a 56 gets you a 60 and there is no 62, which I probably could also wear if they existed, so maybe. 

Edited by mfitz804

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not sure I agree. I wear a 56 in both Nike and CCM, add 4 for my Edge size. Though, adding 4 to a 56 gets you a 60 and there is no 62, which I probably could also wear if they existed, so maybe. 

I'm with you.  I think the bigger sizes are more like the +4 approximation.  That's how they feel, at least. 

For the larger sizes, I’ll defer to the experience of you gentlemen, but for the smaller sizes like 44 and 48, in my experience the Nikes are definitely larger than their CCM counterparts by about one size.

CCM 44 on top of Nike 44:

CCM44/Nike44

Koho 46 on top of Nike 44- almost exact same dimensions:

Koho46/Nike44

37 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

For the larger sizes, I’ll defer to the experience of you gentlemen, but for the smaller sizes like 44 and 48, in my experience the Nikes are definitely larger than their CCM counterparts by about one size.

This probably does hold true as the sizes go up, then.  I guess I'm not that picky about size, as long as it feels nice to wear.  And Floknit is a nice feeling fabric.

What @cheddarberg really should do is get in touch with The Dude and get some measurements.   

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure it’s been asked but do Edge 1.0s fit tighter then the 2.0s. I have several of each in size 52 and 54 and it feels like the 2.0s run a size larger.

That’s correct.  The 1.0’s have skinnier sleeves and are smaller in the chest area than a 2.0 of the same numerical size.

• 3 weeks later...

Roughly a 50.  (I wear those same sizes in the 6100 and 2.0.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the IJ forum. I usually collect the old 80's-90's CCM's but now I'm moving into the Edge 2.0's. I was wondering on sizing how the 2.0's measure in difference in length of the sleeves between a 52 and a 54? The old CCM 52 sleeve length fits perfect. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

On 1/3/2018 at 0:56 PM, cheddarberg said:

A good rule of thumb for the 6100s (both Koho/CCM and Reebok) is to add four to your 6100 size to get your Edge size. A CCM 52 roughly corresponds to an Edge 56.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a picture of a 54 1.0 vs a 54 2.0?

I wear a 54 in the 2.0's just fine (200lbs/5'11) and came across a crazy deal on a 1.0 size 54, wondering if it's worth my time..  I've never owned a 1.0.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been asked countless times, but I own a few Reebok Premier replica jerseys from 2013-15 and they are size Small (S) and fit me great. Not a ton of room but I like less bulk. I'm looking at some CCM 'Vintage Hockey' jerseys and they also go by Small, Medium, Large etc. in sizing and not by number (like 48, 50 etc.) My question is: how do they compare to the Premier jerseys? Is it 1:1 or would a CCM Vintage Medium fit like a Reebok Premier Small? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Hucz

• 4 months later...

How does the body of a size 58 Edge compare to a 58G Edge? I am aware of the sleeve difference, just curious if the body is larger as well. 

Need a Devils Retro and it seems 58+ have dried up. Thought since I was going for a Brodeur, maybe GC?

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How does the body of a size 58 Edge compare to a 58G Edge? I am aware of the sleeve difference, just curious if the body is larger as well. 

Need a Devils Retro and it seems 58+ have dried up. Thought since I was going for a Brodeur, maybe GC?

NOW you decide to finally do this? I could have waited and just bought yours when you got tired of it in three weeks, the sold it to you for $50 more then I paid when I got sick of it a year later!!!!!

...and that’s what she said!

18 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

NOW you decide to finally do this? I could have waited and just bought yours when you realized you still hate goalie sleeves, while it was still at EPS, the sold it to you for $50 more then I paid when I got sick of it a year later!!!!!

...and that’s what she said!

Fixed.

And I NEVER re-buy for more than what I sold it for. If I remember what I sold it for lol. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone have an answer? Or anyone willing to go a pit to pit measurement on a 58G?

Would the measurements of an Edge 3.0 practice jersey help?  It's the only thing I have that is a 58G