Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

How does a Starter 48 compare to an Edge 2.0 52?

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are very close in size, but there tends to be more variation with the Starters. Some Starter 48's are significantly bigger than others.

Took some pictures here which might help.

Variation in Starter 48's: a smaller-to-average size 48 knit Penguins, over a fairly large 48 Rangers mesh Liberty. The Liberty feels a lot bigger on me.

image_zpsf8sbq7w2.jpeg

A larger 52 Flyers Edge 2.0 over the Rangers 48 Liberty. Fits pretty close to the same:

image_zpsy7jeqax8.jpeg

An ASG Edge 52 over the same Rangers 48. The width on this 52 is similar, but the sleeves seem shorter and slightly less baggy than both the 48 Rangers and 52 Flyers:

image_zpsbhjssxno.jpeg

So your Starter 48's and Edge 52's could be quite similar, or possibly not, depending on the models.

Thanks for the pics, LAK!

Ironically, I'm eyeballing a Robo Pens on eBay like the one you have posted, but a blank.

You're welcome. I don't know if all those Starter Penguins 48's fit the same (I only have one of them), but mine fits me just like an Edge 50 2.0- same width, length and sleeve length.

• 1 month later...

I tried browsing the previous posts but couldn't find a comparison.

CCM 550 replica small works great for me for casual wear in terms of fit. I've come to realisation I won't be able to find a jersey that fits as snug as them anymore. I mainly purchased CCM 44 if I wanted authentics.

I have two small Reebok Edge replicas (1.0? - if there is differentiation for replicas?) that are very loose for me. How would a 46 authentic size (smallest size available) fit me? Im about 5'11 138lbs for casual wear? Will it fit similar to CCM 44?

Is the consensus that 1.0 is looser than 2.0?

Thanks

It would be difficult for me to say what I think should fit you, only because (no offense intended here) your weight seems to be on the lower side for someone as tall as you. Let's just say that I wear both CCM 44's and Edge 2.0 46's, and I fit pretty well in both of them. Here's a picture of a 2.0 46 on top of a CCM ultrafil 44.

image_zps4s4qfcse.jpg

The 2.0 feels more roomy on top, but it feels narrower around the waist, which could be good if you like your jerseys on the more snug side. Although you can't easily tell by the picture (because the arms are angled differently in the 2 models), the arms fit slightly longer on the 2.0, which could be good for someone as tall as you. (I'm surprised the CCM 44 sleeves weren't too short for you.)

As for the last part of your question, I think most would say it would be the 2.0's that are looser than the 1.0's, especially in the chest and sleeve width.

Edited by LAK74

Thats is definitely why I get so much trouble getting a good fitting jersey. Only one way to find out! Picked up a RBK 46. :blink: I just found the new RBK replica S so roomy and I was told the authentics are even more roomy to allow for equipment?

Would you say a RBK replica M is equivalent to a RBK 46 authentic?

Thanks for the picture!

Edited by rattlestar

I think you'll be fine in a 46.

Might be a little baggy but I'm sure you can manage.

Edited by JoeM7392

Would you say a RBK replica M is equivalent to a RBK 46 authentic?

No, the M is bigger, equivalent to a size 50 Reebok. Might have a picture somewhere.

Same model jersey, 2.0 Edge size 50 on top of Premier M. Length and width are comparable in both, but the Premier sleeves are a little bit longer and less wide. If the Premier S fits you roomy, then I wouldn't recommend the M.

image_zpsd4b14558.jpg

Btw, you just bought a size 46 2.0, not a 1.0, right?

Edited by LAK74

Same model jersey, 2.0 Edge size 50 on top of Premier M. Length and width are comparable in both, but the Premier sleeves are a little bit longer and less wide. If the Premier S fits you roomy, then I wouldn't recommend the M.

image_zpsd4b14558.jpg

Btw, you just bought a size 46 2.0, not a 1.0, right?

I definetly wouldn't consider a M or anything bigger than a 46 so thats good to know. It was the Dallas home I posted in the other thread from the seller you said you had purchased from before.I think based on the side fabric this is a 2.0? Shame as the 1.0 fits more snug.

Sorry for all the questions as Im new to all this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371560796883?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by rattlestar

Like Joe said, it's a 1.0. I was asking because all the size comparison info I mentioned earlier pertained to 2.0's, not 1.0's. The 1.0 will be a bit tighter around the waist and chest, and the arms will be slimmer. Maybe that's a good thing for you if you like jerseys to fit more tightly like a shirt, but I hope that 1.0 isn't too tight for you. For me size 46 2.0's are fine, but 1.0's tend to be a bit too snug for me. I guess you'll find out soon enough!

Like Joe said, it's a 1.0. I was asking because all the size comparison info I mentioned earlier pertained to 2.0's, not 1.0's. The 1.0 will be a bit tighter around the waist and chest, and the arms will be slimmer. Maybe that's a good thing for you if you like jerseys to fit more tightly like a shirt, but I hope that 1.0 isn't too tight for you. For me size 46 2.0's are fine, but 1.0's tend to be a bit too snug for me. I guess you'll find out soon enough!

I thought the mesh along the sides is what differentiates a 1.0 from a 2.0. Thanks for the advice. Will post back to let you guys know how it fitted in case anyone wants to know further down the road.

The side mesh is the same in 1.0's and 2.0's. This is also true of the mesh on the back of the jersey. Material-wise, what differentiates between the 2 is the material on the front, shoulders, and parts of the arms. What was known as bubble mesh and x-trafil on the 1.0's was replaced by air-knit on the 2.0's.

Yes, but they are extremely rare. Usually you don't see anything smaller than 46.

Does anyone have a pic of a CCM / Rbk 6100 size 48 over an Edge size 56 or 54?

Does anyone have a pic of a CCM / Rbk 6100 size 48 over an Edge size 56 or 54?

If nobody gets to it before tonight I can do that for you. 2.0 right? I can't help you with a 1.0.

48 CCM on a 56 2.0 on a 58 2.0. For what it's worth, I wear all three of them just fine.

20160403_172009.jpg20160403_172124.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

Much obliged, JoeM. Very subtle diffences in sizes.

Edited by Silverback53

Not a problem. And yeah, the size difference is surprisingly small.