CJ Matthews

Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

568 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, furiousd said:

@Pens4ever has some great vintage stuff in smaller sizes over in the buy/sell forum, and I believe he's in Germany. 

Thanks furiousd! I have 20 authentics available right now from sizes 48-52. ?

Edited by Pens4ever

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what size in the WCOH jerseys is closest to Edge 56? I’d like to pick up a pair in the near future (though I don’t know if I’ll ever wear them) and I need to know what size to look for. 

I thought the WCOH jerseys were slightly smaller than their Edge 2.0 sized equivalents.  I have a 54 and it fits more or less like an Edge 54, but ever so slightly smaller.

On 14.8.2017 at 1:59 AM, furiousd said:

@Pens4ever has some great vintage stuff in smaller sizes over in the buy/sell forum, and I believe he's in Germany. 

Thanks furiousd! Yes, representing the European minority in the forum. :)

Don't have a Habs jersey at the moment, but some other fine stuff in size 48-50.

4 minutes ago, cheddarberg said:

It'll be bigger than you're used to.  You'll probably want a size 52 in the older CCMs.

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It'll be bigger than you're used to.  You'll probably want a size 52 in the older CCMs.

Thanks for the quick reply.

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yup. General rule of thumb, as I’ve been taught, is your Edge size is 2 sizes larger. A 54 Edge guy could probably wear a CCM 50, but if that size exists, they must be rare because I never see them.  Usually it’s 48 or 52.

CCM 50’s do exist, but usually as gamers, not blanks.  Hard to be sure of their origin because back in the early 90’s there generally weren’t any differences between TI and retail authentics.

I have a couple size 50s, but they are pretty rare.  Don't see them that often, especially in the later years before the Edge jerseys came about.  Similar with the size 46.

repost, sorry.

Edited by jsh139

repost, sorry.

Edited by jsh139

At least for me, you add 6 to the Nike size to get the equivalent Edge size.  That seller is a member here (The Dude Abides).  

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

At least for me, you add 6 to the Nike size to get the equivalent Edge size.  That seller is a member here (The Dude Abides).  

I'm not sure I agree. I wear a 56 in both Nike and CCM, add 4 for my Edge size. Though, adding 4 to a 56 gets you a 60 and there is no 62, which I probably could also wear if they existed, so maybe. 

Edited by mfitz804

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not sure I agree. I wear a 56 in both Nike and CCM, add 4 for my Edge size. Though, adding 4 to a 56 gets you a 60 and there is no 62, which I probably could also wear if they existed, so maybe. 

I'm with you.  I think the bigger sizes are more like the +4 approximation.  That's how they feel, at least. 

For the larger sizes, I’ll defer to the experience of you gentlemen, but for the smaller sizes like 44 and 48, in my experience the Nikes are definitely larger than their CCM counterparts by about one size.

CCM 44 on top of Nike 44:

CCM44/Nike44

Koho 46 on top of Nike 44- almost exact same dimensions:

Koho46/Nike44

37 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

For the larger sizes, I’ll defer to the experience of you gentlemen, but for the smaller sizes like 44 and 48, in my experience the Nikes are definitely larger than their CCM counterparts by about one size.

This probably does hold true as the sizes go up, then.  I guess I'm not that picky about size, as long as it feels nice to wear.  And Floknit is a nice feeling fabric.

What @cheddarberg really should do is get in touch with The Dude and get some measurements.