Ebay 2.0

JeffB

OK so it's not a hockey jersey but WTF would make someone throw a Ken Griffey Jr. game worn on the sidewalk to take pictures of it? ######!

Griffey on the dirty sidewalk

Maybe his side walk is super clean. :D But honestly if I had the money I still take it seeing it's a jersey of one of my favorite players. Also he has listed a Indianpolis Racers jersey that the picture of it wasn't taken on his dirty side walk. :P

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe his side walk is super clean. :D But honestly if I had the money I still take it seeing it's a jersey of one of my favorite players. Also he has listed a Indianpolis Racers jersey that the picture of it wasn't taken on his dirty side walk. :P

That's one of the best parts of looking at eBay. Seeing how people present what the are selling.

I've seen stuff hanging from trees, on car hoods, garage floors, and my personal favorite was a hockey jersey on the floor with a dog laying on it.

my personal favorite was a hockey jersey on the floor with a dog laying on it.

I hope he was offering it free...

The jersey was a crap fake Kings vintage.

The dog looked genuine though.

LOL!

Has anyone posted this somewhere? Who's aware of this monstrosity? Confirmation, pls...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item76c0694c31

2531909760105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

As far as I know, it is simply a concept that some knock-off manufacturer's have picked up and started to make. I have heard rumors to it being the WC jersey, but I have also heard rumors that we will be using the late 80's/early 90's style orange jerseys.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Nice work...i just like how their making fakes of a jersey that isnt anything more than someone's fantasy design.

I hate how a knock-off manufacturer makes knockoffs of concept jerseys...what has this world come to

I don't know, I think it's kind of cool assuming the buyer knows it's a concept jersey and not a real one. There are a bunch of Isles concepts on the web that will never be actual Isles jerseys that I wouldn't mind owning anyway just for fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Lightning-Jersey-Authentic-PreEdge-Reebok-Blank-/110714071895?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19c712ab57

I know a lot of people like the pre-edge jerseys and heres a lightning authentic at a decent price, although i feel like meigray probably has these laying around or whatever they have going on.

A lot of customization faux-pas'zzzz, but some nice jerseys in there -

http://shop.ebay.com/sj77baker/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

The Bure's fake..

:thumbsup:

i like the car..too bad they're all (especially the Stars) in mini size and the Chiefs description is just plain funny!

:angry:

A lot of customization faux-pas'zzzz, but some nice jerseys in there -

http://shop.ebay.com/sj77baker/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

The Bure's fake..

Any examples of faux-pas' you can list me? I'm still new at all this and wouldn't mind some examples as to what to look for. Another quick question that may be a given, but are the sizing numbers on these particular CCM jerseys numbered after chest size? I bought my first real jersey and just got it and it's a 48, but actually seems quite large in comparison to the Large replica jersey I have. I sort of bid on the Belfour jersey thinking that it would be quite small for a jersey, but maybe still fit just a bit loose if worn casually. I'm a basically an averaged sized guy.

Any examples of faux-pas' you can list me? I'm still new at all this and wouldn't mind some examples as to what to look for. Another quick question that may be a given, but are the sizing numbers on these particular CCM jerseys numbered after chest size? I bought my first real jersey and just got it and it's a 48, but actually seems quite large in comparison to the Large replica jersey I have. I sort of bid on the Belfour jersey thinking that it would be quite small for a jersey, but maybe still fit just a bit loose if worn casually. I'm a basically an averaged sized guy.

The all star font on Gretzky is slightly off (only minor, but the E center line should come out more, the R should be fatter, and the Z should have angles on the top right/bottom left), and the numbers are too rectangular and hang down too long, the Larmer font is off (as mentioned in DEALS AND STEALS) , and the white roy arm numbers are too fat. They should be thin like the red version.

Guys, anything else I've missed?

As for sizing, the number corresponds to chest size, from pit to pit, at the gusset seam. eg - a 44 is 22" pit to pit, 46 = 23, 48=24, etc, always half the size.

In terms of arm length and overall length, it all depends on the year/style of the jersey. I'll elaborate a little more on this post when I have a bit more time...boss is yelling at me :wacko:

WOW. That is one of the nicest jerseys I've ever seen! Those patches are two of the rarest in the hobby too.

The all star font on Gretzky is slightly off (only minor, but the E center line should come out more, the R should be fatter, and the Z should have angles on the top right/bottom left), and the numbers are too rectangular and hang down too long, the Larmer font is off (as mentioned in DEALS AND STEALS) , and the white roy arm numbers are too fat. They should be thin like the red version.

Guys, anything else I've missed?

As for sizing, the number corresponds to chest size, from pit to pit, at the gusset seam. eg - a 44 is 22" pit to pit, 46 = 23, 48=24, etc, always half the size.

In terms of arm length and overall length, it all depends on the year/style of the jersey. I'll elaborate a little more on this post when I have a bit more time...boss is yelling at me :wacko:

Thanks. Good info. So, basically there's just a 2 inch difference chest-wise between a 44 and a 48. That doesn't seem too drastic. Obviously arm and body length are also a factor, too, which I would need to consider. Honestly, I don't wear the jerseys I have, so I don't see why it really matters all that much. I was a huge fan of Belfour when he was on Chicago, so it could be worth it.