Ebay 2.0

JeffB

A project for someone perhaps? Looks like it's seen better days, but this sucker looks old.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NY-ISLANDERS-VTG-80S-TROTTIER-19-NHL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/280731595908?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item415ce83484

Somebody must have told them something, they jacked the price up $200.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That person actually lives in the same area as me. I don't know anyone with that name though. I can't believe they'd get a Trottier jersey signed by Hillen. Is the jersey itself worth more than $100?

I got a response from a fake auto'd jersey seller on eBay that basically said "I just order them from somewhere I had no idea they were fake blah blah blah." I can (almost) believe that maybe the guy just deals in auto'd memorabilia and isn't really into jerseys like we all are, but still: you're a SPORTS MEMORABILIA collector/seller/dealer you really oughta know better...

Which eBay seller? I bet a lot of them buy those $30 jerseys from asia and then have those signed. Or they buy Asian jerseys and sign them themselves.

Some autographs (Lemieux for example) are pretty bad and probably easy to forge

That person actually lives in the same area as me. I don't know anyone with that name though. I can't believe they'd get a Trottier jersey signed by Hillen. Is the jersey itself worth more than $100?

No double elbows, no nameplate, no fight strap, wrong font....I don't think it's worth $100, but that's just my opinion.

2894778300105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

It should look like this -

2245117150105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks! The logo looks really off. so its a replica. I honestly probably will not pay even $45 for it.

The fact it has Jack Hillen's autograph on it should mean she should pay someone to take it away from her.

It was hard to tell from the back if it had the fight strap, but look at the front pic. What is that white patch showing through the front mesh of the jersey above the white stripe on the hem? And why the heck do they feel the need to put that dang song on there?!

While I was annoyed that River City oversold the Caps Winter Classic and I am being refunded it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I got the following from the Jersey Express ebay page (they did not have it on their main site) and saved about $15 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220842976240&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:1123

haha I was just going to send you that link, then I saw it sold. Glad you got it!

Well thanks anyways. I already have one done up with Knuble, 22, "A"; but figured these deals are to good to pass up and maybe get one done up down the line.

Lol, now that I realized the Trottier jersey is a replica and it's wrong, that person is an idiot. $379 + shipping for a replica that's not even accurate and signed by a crappy player makes me laugh.

what's the deal with the g-d awful music on the trottier auction?

i dont think ive ever heard music on ebay before

This is most likely a typo, but still funny nonetheless

My link

Also...

Anyone want to trade this jersey for a Patrick Sharp gamer?

My link

Sigh...

Can the guy who is offering the Poti's list of items up for auction get any more random?

Not sure if this is a deal but I know people are always looking for Fisherman jerseys, white size 48 for $175 blank. He has a ton of other authentic CCMs but some appear to have customization problems.

If you are looking for anything else email him (which is provided in the listing). I did and picked up a Blackhawks CCM Ultrafil TBTC Barberpole. Incorrect Roenick customization, but want to make it into a Belfour anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-FISHERMAN-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-WOW-/300588595833?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fc79fa79

Not sure if this is a deal but I know people are always looking for Fisherman jerseys, white size 48 for $175 blank. He has a ton of other authentic CCMs but some appear to have customization problems.

If you are looking for anything else email him (which is provided in the listing). I did and picked up a Blackhawks CCM Ultrafil TBTC Barberpole. Incorrect Roenick customization, but want to make it into a Belfour anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-FISHERMAN-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-WOW-/300588595833?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fc79fa79

The Gilmour he's selling would probably fit nicely into Mike's collection, but I feel like the font is off on the numbers.

Is there anywhere to send that jersey that does the proper Fisherman customization? I've been looking for a Fisherman in a 54 for a while now.

Is there anywhere to send that jersey that does the proper Fisherman customization? I've been looking for a Fisherman in a 54 for a while now.

I think EPS is the only place that can do it right, but I've been reading more and more horror stories about them lately and god knows how long it'd take for them to get it back to you.

EPS I think will charge you $75 to get it done. But as Dropkick said, they really are the only place that can do it. I wouldn't trust the Dangle Kits on an authentic. I am hesitant to get mine done, and dont want to spend $150 for something that might not be 100% perfect.

EPS can also strip it for you.

The 20th ann. patch IS NOT legit BTW. My bad

If anyone here won this jersey, congrats and I hope you enjoy it. God knows I'm itching for a white jersey of that year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220840714065?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1433.l2649