Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone here won this jersey, congrats and I hope you enjoy it. God knows I'm itching for a white jersey of that year.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1433.l2649

A while back I wanted a '96 as well, with the same Starter logo, to do up as a Sakic cup winner, but after finding a home and a road (was gonna do up the other as a Forsberg), I quickly sold 'em both.

I like everything about the Avs jerseys; the logos, the design, the colors, etc, but those Starter jerseys are probably the worst quality jerseys I've ever seen. At first I thought the one I got was a fake, but after buying the 2nd, comparing the two, as well as comparing them both to other authentics out there, sure enough they were real. I've never been so disappointed in a jersey - the mesh feels flimsy, the sections don't line up very well at all, they have bacon collars, and all the stitching is 2nd rate at best. Anyways, not to rain on your parade if/when you do find one, but I have a very love/hate relationship with that jersey.

A while back I wanted a '96 as well, with the same Starter logo, to do up as a Sakic cup winner, but after finding a home and a road (was gonna do up the other as a Forsberg), I quickly sold 'em both.

I like everything about the Avs jerseys; the logos, the design, the colors, etc, but those Starter jerseys are probably the worst quality jerseys I've ever seen. At first I thought the one I got was a fake, but after buying the 2nd, comparing the two, as well as comparing them both to other authentics out there, sure enough they were real. I've never been so disappointed in a jersey - the mesh feels flimsy, the sections don't line up very well at all, they have bacon collars, and all the stitching is 2nd rate at best. Anyways, not to rain on your parade if/when you do find one, but I have a very love/hate relationship with that jersey.

Funny that you say that, cause the Rangers jerseys back then were the same, and I think they're the best. The Starter mesh is the most comfortable stuff out there in my opinion.

Funny that you say that, cause the Rangers jerseys back then were the same, and I think they're the best. The Starter mesh is the most comfortable stuff out there in my opinion.

I will definitely agree that the mesh is very soft/comfy, but it's supposed to be a hockey jersey...not a snuggy

2212967470105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

haha I do agree actually. When I first got into authentics I was not familiar with the mesh jerseys at all, I wanted an Avalanche to make into an Ozolinsh and it was just like you said, the part about "sections don't line up very well" was what really made me not like it. It just fit so goofy. I promptly sold it.

I like everything about the Avs jerseys; the logos, the design, the colors, etc, but those Starter jerseys are probably the worst quality jerseys I've ever seen. At first I thought the one I got was a fake, but after buying the 2nd, comparing the two, as well as comparing them both to other authentics out there, sure enough they were real. I've never been so disappointed in a jersey - the mesh feels flimsy, the sections don't line up very well at all, they have bacon collars, and all the stitching is 2nd rate at best.

Interesting... My first '96 Starter mesh was a white Rangers. The stitching on the double elbows was messy and terrible-looking. Some of the letters of the diagonal Rangers logo have red threads extending off the letter onto the white jersey material. My Starter mesh jerseys from later seasons, a '97 Rangers and especially a '98 St. Louis Blues (love this one) are much better- maybe it took them a year to get their act together.

Wow, that cost a pretty penny.

While I am somewhat disappointed I didn't land that jersey but at the same time I'm quite happy with the money in my pocket in the end which can be used on a jersey down the road.

Don't worry Slimcutta, you're not raining on my parade, lol :).

As for the Avs first years Starters, I do have 2 road's which is why I am itching for a white one and I haven't really checked the quality of the stitching and what not but I will take a look when I get home from work. On that note, it's quite possible that first year Starter jerseys varied in quality but in the later years, the quality was much better and consistent with every jersey.

This is most likely a typo, but still funny nonetheless

My link

Also...

Anyone want to trade this jersey for a Patrick Sharp gamer?

My link

Sigh...

The first jersey is from a member at JC he buys stuff and turns around and marks it up to seel on Ebay to each his own

NEW 91-92 Lemieux Authentic CCM Penguins jersey.

What do you think one of these would go for on ebay?

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1436.l2649

If so, the cup patch is a replica, which may mean the others are as well. Either way, still a nice jersey.

IMO -

High - Mint condition, 100% authentic patches and customization, size 52-54:

$600-700....potential to reach $900-1000 if a bidding war breaks out between two collectors, both with loaded paypal accounts

Average - Very good condition authentic with replica patches and/or customization is slightly off, size 48-56:

probably around $400-500

Lower end - Good condition authentic with replica patches and customization is noticeably off:

they can still go for as much as $400 because some people don't know any better, but probably around $250-325 range

FYI - the same seller sold this one, not too long ago - http://www.ebay.com/itm/290594232101

OK, so I have to share this, simply because my dad got kicked out of this very same high school in the early 70s for refusing to cut his hair. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1970s-NEIL-McNEIL-HIGH-SCHOOL-VARSITY-JERSEY-/250869300177?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3a68f9bbd1#ht_500wt_1128

I think in the reserve clause days Neil McNeil was a Leafs feeder team, like St. Mike's?

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1436.l2649

If so, the cup patch is a replica, which may mean the others are as well. Either way, still a nice jersey.

IMO -

High - Mint condition, 100% authentic patches and customization, size 52-54:

$600-700....potential to reach $900-1000 if a bidding war breaks out between two collectors, both with loaded paypal accounts

Average - Very good condition authentic with replica patches and/or customization is slightly off, size 48-56:

probably around $400-500

Lower end - Good condition authentic with replica patches and customization is noticeably off:

they can still go for as much as $400 because some people don't know any better, but probably around $250-325 range

FYI - the same seller sold this one, not too long ago - http://www.ebay.com/itm/290594232101

I am looking for a nice jersey to get autographed and this is something I would be interested in, but not for over $400

Very strange-looking Pens jersey. The black stripe on the collar is way too wide. No NHL 2000 patch. Pro Player logo is white instead of black, and there's also a logo on the sleeve. I'm not sure if it's fake, but there's definitely something weird about it.

I also noticed it has a Starter-style size tag, and the NHL shield is orange, not silver... wth??

Is it me or is it ultrafil?

It shouldn't be ultrafil, but this thing is so mixed-up looking, who knows? The front crest doesn't look like the same type as those used on the CCM ultrafil Pens jerseys, though.

It shouldn't be ultrafil, but this thing is so mixed-up looking, who knows? The front crest doesn't look like the same type as those used on the CCM ultrafil Pens jerseys, though.

Did Pro Player authentics have the left sleeve logo? I thought that was a replica thing...

I've seen that type before. I think it's a prototype kind of thing.

This would explain a lot. Some details, like the size tag and NHL shield color, are consistent with jerseys made at the end of the '98-99 season, right before Pro Player took over from Starter.

For anyone interested, I have a 2003 XL Patrick Roy All Star jersey listed on eBay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180717789824?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_884wt_922

doesnt everyone love these things.."sorry no pics because i dont want people to see my knockoff jersey"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDNEY-CROSBY-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-PENGUINS-JERSEY-NWT-S-50-/250886627783?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item3a6a0221c7