Non-Jersey New Arrivals

NYIJM29

Fiance got me a couple Jets things for Xmas, stoked on her picks!

P1020729.jpg

P1020730.jpg

P1020731.jpg

P1020732.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sweatshirt is sweet but that hat is sharp as hell. I really like that.

She knew I wanted that sweater but had no clue which hat I wanted. All she knew was it had to be fitted hat. I love the shoulder crest, I think I got a keeper (the hat and the fiance lol)

Here's something a little different. I had a bunch of leftover patches and crests from a recent strip job so I decided to get creative:

DSC05073-vi.jpg

DSC05074-vi.jpg

The jacket is my old work one that I just took the Miller Lite logos off of. I think it looks pretty good. The jacket itself is super-warm, durable and one of those double-layered insulated deals so I hated to get rid of it.

Here's something a little different. I had a bunch of leftover patches and crests from a recent strip job so I decided to get creative:

DSC05073-vi.jpg

DSC05074-vi.jpg

The jacket is my old work one that I just took the Miller Lite logos off of. I think it looks pretty good. The jacket itself is super-warm, durable and one of those double-layered insulated deals so I hated to get rid of it.

Very nice maybe you should market that and make Millions and when you do ,Do not forget us

I'm kinda thinking that a navy USA crest would work better on this. Anybody else think that too? The off-center crest is annoying me as well.

I'm kinda thinking that a navy USA crest would work better on this. Anybody else think that too? The off-center crest is annoying me as well.

Stay focused we are talking big bucks here send this picture with your name to NHL.COM and see what they think .

I think thsi would sell big time if not know the next olympics

• 1 month later...

Always like the McFarlanes just never too good to me for players/teams I want :(

Picked up a new hat of the ol' eBay for a wopping $8 lol

2012-0210-150300771.jpg

2012-0210-150328726.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major, but I always go a bit overboard on the player t's when I make a trip to Philly

IMG_0753-1.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Iv been looking for a New Era fitted (with a different colour brim) Flyers hat for so long that I had almost given up. I really don't like to order hats online so I tend to pretty much avoid it now. Went into my local Lids store this week and saw this....

IMG_0426.jpg

25 minutes of shrinking the cap and bending the brim (and of course taking the stickers off lol), and the end result is I have my coveted Flyers fitted.

Iv been looking for a New Era fitted (with a different colour brim) Flyers hat for so long that I had almost given up. I really don't like to order hats online so I tend to pretty much avoid it now. Went into my local Lids store this week and saw this....

25 minutes of shrinking the cap and bending the brim (and of course taking the stickers off lol), and the end result is I have my coveted Flyers fitted.

Looking good B) . Saw a lot of people walk around with hockey snapbacks around here over the summer and a good bet they don't have a clue what those teams are :lol: . How do you shrink a poly cap though? Read it was practically impossible and stretching it was even "easier"?

Looking good B) . Saw a lot of people walk around with hockey snapbacks around here over the summer and a good bet they don't have a clue what those teams are :lol: . How do you shrink a poly cap though? Read it was practically impossible and stretching it was even "easier"?

I cant comment about stretching since I have never had to do so. When I say I shrink the hat, basically I mean I try to reduce the boxy look and make the crown of the hat lower. I just searched on Youtube "shrinking a New Era hat" and a few responses have come up. I have use a combination of these two methods and they have worked flawlessly for me.

Method #1

Method #2

I will soak the hat like in the first video, drain all the water, and then basically hold the hat to my head like the second video shows.

Just for the record, I have a Red Sox on field hat that I have shrunk the crown on as well. The on field hats are 100% polyester and take more effort to reduce the high crown. This Flyers hat is 80% wool and 20% polyester and the material made a crazy difference in the overall time I had to put into it. Literally 25 minutes and it went from the original photo to this...

IMG_0438.jpg

Notice how more rounded the front of the hat is. Not nearly as flat or as boxy as the first picture.

Just for the record, I have a Red Sox on field hat that I have shrunk the crown on as well. The on field hats are 100% polyester and take more effort to reduce the high crown. This Flyers hat is 80% wool and 20% polyester and the material made a crazy difference in the overall time I had to put into it. Literally 25 minutes and it went from the original photo to this...

IMG_0438.jpg

Notice how more rounded the front of the hat is. Not nearly as flat or as boxy as the first picture.

Gotcha :thumbsup: . I just get low profile ones only :D , saves me that hassle: http://forums.icejer...17

Only problem is the smaller selection and afaik/iirc no NHL yet ... and I am more or less a tweener between 1/4 and 3/8 but sticking to 3/8 from now on (hence the shrink/ stretch interest).

I've read about hat stretchers at New Era Flagships stores when researching how to. Being in Europe I don't think there are any, maybe in Germany or the UK (in my case still no solution). DIY method I read was:

"New Era Cap company sew a stiff plastic strap(the narrow white netting inside the sweatband) on every cap to maintain the shape and size. This is the part that you have to break in order to loosen your cap. Place your cap over your knee, hold the side sweatband together with the edge of brim, and pull it until you hear a pop sound; that's due to the plastic strap breaking. Don't pull it too hard or too long though, else you could break some seams."

From neweracaptalk forum; think I'll just replace my 1/4's :D

ggl search terms: stretch new era hat