Non-Jersey New Arrivals

NYIJM29

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a couple of local team hats (hockey and baseball) and a couple of hockey keychains at a thrift store for under $5

tb_hatsampkeychains_zps6137b634.jpg

Also got my Eagle H34 gloves repalmed by Eagle with goatskin late last year - they were out of black but had the natural tan.

eaglegloves2_zps545fa208.jpg

Nothing special but something new :D

Got it before Christmas.

I didn't know you played guitar. I'm a music teacher; privately and public school. I need to read other threads more often.

I didn't know you played guitar. I'm a music teacher; privately and public school. I need to read other threads more often.

I'm just getting back into it after taking a break for more than 10 years. I'm not good though, I never had any lessons and I don't know how to read notes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guitar. Reminds me a little of the Ibanez 540r (radius), which is the first nice electric I ever bought. Good luck with the floating bridge. It's a blessing and a curse. If done right, you'll never have to tune it, but re-stringing is not so simple. Makes sure to do one string at a time and alternate from high to low or low to high. And make sure you always use the same gauge strings, too. I also had a problem in that I like to use alternate tunings and that can't be done with them. But if you just keep it in standard, buy a nice pack of coated strings, keep it in its case, you'll be happy you own one 'cause it will always be in tune. Just fine tuning at the bridge here and there. And playing with the trem is fun, too.

You don't really need to read notes or take lessons nowadays. I started playing around '97 and even then I was using the internet to learn how to play. Keep at it.

Nice guitar. Reminds me a little of the Ibanez 540r (radius), which is the first nice electric I ever bought. Good luck with the floating bridge. It's a blessing and a curse. If done right, you'll never have to tune it, but re-stringing is not so simple. Makes sure to do one string at a time and alternate from high to low or low to high. And make sure you always use the same gauge strings, too. I also had a problem in that I like to use alternate tunings and that can't be done with them. But if you just keep it in standard, buy a nice pack of coated strings, keep it in its case, you'll be happy you own one 'cause it will always be in tune. Just fine tuning at the bridge here and there. And playing with the trem is fun, too.

You don't really need to read notes or take lessons nowadays. I started playing around '97 and even then I was using the internet to learn how to play. Keep at it.

I made that mistake once, by taking off all the strings at once. Then I experimented a little with different gauges and adjusting the height of the bridge and the springs on the back. I'll adjust one of my other guitars to play .010 string sets with a d-tune on it. And one day I'll have my own ESP custom made Horizon.

And while I'm at it:

Please people, buy my jerseys http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2795 to make my ESP custom made Horizon possible :D

• 4 weeks later...

Besides jerseys, my other love is vinyl LP's. Here are some gems from my collection.

The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand/This Boy Original 1963 UK 1st press. The one that I have is a rare solid center pressing as pictured below. It's believed to be worth almost $500.

$(KGrHqN,!lMFDkgy3DusBREh+Yl5g!~~60_58.J

The Beatles - Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is Original 1965 Finnish pressing

fi15%20BEATLES%20DISCOGRAPHY%20FINLAND%2

The Beatles - Help! Original 1965 UK 1st press

$(KGrHqN,!jUFDqhRR46VBRILy4BQQ!~~60_58.J

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde Original 1966 US 1st press (stereo)

$(KGrHqVHJE!FENsEzg59BRJOclL1EQ~~60_3.JP

The Beatles - Revolver 1966 Original UK 1st press

$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZ9(BQ7cqo5+lg~~60_58.J

The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane 1967 original Finnish pressing

fi23%20BEATLES%20DISCOGRAPHY%20FINLAND%2

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced? Original 1967 US 1st press

$T2eC16NHJHYE9nzpcw03BRGqP(11Jw~~60_58.J

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed Original 1969 UK stereo 1st press

$(KGrHqZ,!jgFEgpTOSfBBRJi8NGV!g~~60_58.J

The Doors - Morrison Hotel 1970 Original US 1st press

$(KGrHqYOKpEE3uNLdC8bBOF2dvqSew~~_3.JPG