The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Theres always a way, Ill never settle for the Indo-Edge. I dont want to buy a lesser product. What a joke.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres always a way, Ill never settle for the Indo-Edge. I dont want to buy a lesser product. What a joke.

I totally agree. I'll buy Canadian made 1.0 jerseys but I'll steer clear of Indo-Edges and go for team issued blanks for now on.

The Indo-Edges may be hard to come by as well. While it hasn't trickled to "hobby shops" quite yet, NHL.com has not had them for sale for most teams since April. Once the stock they had runs out, they are not put back on sale. That may chance as the season gets closer, but they weren't being put back up there during the playoffs.

The Indo-Edges may be hard to come by as well. While it hasn't trickled to "hobby shops" quite yet, NHL.com has not had them for sale for most teams since April. Once the stock they had runs out, they are not put back on sale. That may chance as the season gets closer, but they weren't being put back up there during the playoffs.

true- I was on NHL.com yesterday and did not see any "authentic" NYR jerseys- only Premiers

There were comments of production issues and most places stopped getting shippments of authentics after that. Some of us had hope that meant an end ot the Indo-Edge, however the catalog for retailers to order for next season used the same code as Indo-Edges, so that pretty much dashed those hopes.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Well, to spare you the big ugly spat and subsequent damning of Reebok that went down (and is still going down) on here...

Reebok switched their production of authentic "on-ice" jerseys to Indonesia, where they use different material and what seems to be lower quality production methods, resulting in an overall weaker build quality that pales in comparison to both the 1.0 and the 2.0. Many of us would hope that Reebok stops jerking us around and gives us a consistent set of retail 2.0 jerseys, but most of us don't expect it anytime soon.

I really want an edge 2.0 so I'm thinking of buying a training camp jersey from a no name guy and stripping it so I could put on a current player.

Would this be considered a jersey foul though?

This has been discussed a few times before and it's a really touchy subject. Some people believe that all game worn jerseys, even pre-season or training camp jerseys are sacred and should never be altered in any way. Others believe that it's okay to strip pre-seaon/camp jerseys or even game worn jerseys of no-name players. It can be a heated debate and frankly it is probably better to just do what feels right to you.

As for me, I believe the children are our future, let them sort all this crap out.

I really want an edge 2.0 so I'm thinking of buying a training camp jersey from a no name guy and stripping it so I could put on a current player.

Would this be considered a jersey foul though?

Buy a GI and then strip it.

This has been discussed a few times before and it's a really touchy subject. Some people believe that all game worn jerseys, even pre-season or training camp jerseys are sacred and should never be altered in any way. Others believe that it's okay to strip pre-seaon/camp jerseys or even game worn jerseys of no-name players. It can be a heated debate and frankly it is probably better to just do what feels right to you.

As for me, I believe the children are our future, let them sort all this crap out.

Haha I hear you. I guess I'm gonna be supporting the non-sacred side of the spectrum...

Buy a GI and then strip it.

Yea I tried looking around for a GI jersey. The thing is I'm planning on wearing my jerseys and Meigray doesn't have any size 52 GI's for the Flyers current home jersey. :(

Yea I tried looking around for a GI jersey. The thing is I'm planning on wearing my jerseys and Meigray doesn't have any size 52 GI's for the Flyers current home jersey. :(

Haha I hear you. I stripped a Training Camp jersey to make it another lesser player (who I firmly believe wore the jersey before the other lesser player, as evidenced by a nameplate change that fit perfectly, but I digress). Just don't tell anyone what you did and you'll be fine!

Haha I hear you. I stripped a Training Camp jersey to make it another lesser player (who I firmly believe wore the jersey before the other lesser player, as evidenced by a nameplate change that fit perfectly, but I digress). Just don't tell anyone what you did and you'll be fine!

It'll be our little secret haha :thumbsup:

they have 1 54 for home, not really much of a size difference

I'm only 5'7 and size 50's fit perfectly for me. I was told that a 52 would probably be big for me so I think a 54 would kinda be pushing it.

I'm only 5'7 and size 50's fit perfectly for me. I was told that a 52 would probably be big for me so I think a 54 would kinda be pushing it.

With the Edge sizing, maybe it is because I am larger in stature (5'11 180, broad shoulders, little belly), but I can fit into any size 54 and up without it looking ridiculous. Well, the GCs look a little big, but any skater size fits okay. A 54 isn't that bad. I say go for the cheapest and do what makes you happy

With the Edge sizing, maybe it is because I am larger in stature (5'11 180, broad shoulders, little belly), but I can fit into any size 54 and up without it looking ridiculous. Well, the GCs look a little big, but any skater size fits okay. A 54 isn't that bad. I say go for the cheapest and do what makes you happy

Only on li can u say 5'11" is large in stature

Dude I'm 5'7" barely and I've worn 58 2.0 gamers that looked fine on me. 6100's I can't go over a 52.

Yeah the 2.0s are the best cut for wearing different sizes, completely agree with "I've worn 58 2.0 gamers that looked fine on me. 6100's I can't go over a 52." but I'm 6' 2" and it still holds true.