The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Another question regarding sizing...this is probably a really stupid one but want to make sure before I try to get my hands on a Jets 2.0....I wear 54 in Edge 1.0 (52 fits but the body is form fitting like a tshirt almost and my gut doesn't liket hat :P) and I have a 54 and 56 in 2.0 but both fit fairly big. I also have a QMJHL 50 2.0 that fits perfect body wise, arms a bit too short but only when reaching really. Do the QMJHL or any CHL league for that matter 100% use the same sizing for 2.0 as the NHL 2.0? If so I'll venture to get a 52 2.0 (for the arms sake) of the Jets

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question regarding sizing...this is probably a really stupid one but want to make sure before I try to get my hands on a Jets 2.0....I wear 54 in Edge 1.0 (52 fits but the body is form fitting like a tshirt almost and my gut doesn't liket hat :P) and I have a 54 and 56 in 2.0 but both fit fairly big. I also have a QMJHL 50 2.0 that fits perfect body wise, arms a bit too short but only when reaching really. Do the QMJHL or any CHL league for that matter 100% use the same sizing for 2.0 as the NHL 2.0? If so I'll venture to get a 52 2.0 (for the arms sake) of the Jets

I have a sz 52 2.0 gamer that fits very similarly to the 54 1.0 except the body is a little baggier.

This indo edge issue is really crappy. My gf wants to get me a jersey for christmas, but I refuse to get an indo edge. I guess I gotta get a edge 1.0 from stitches or hunt down a 6100.

OK, so now that we know what has transpired, I guess my question is, who is selling these jerseys?

We know NHL.com is. We know some team stores are.

We know Stitches NJ is not (question is, what about new styles, can they get those in 1.0?). We know that some places, like this site's owner, River City, and others don't have the stock in yet.

Maybe it's time to start figuring out which retailers are selling the new "authentics", or which ones are going in another direction.

I don't want to make a new topic, but can someone please provide me with a clear, high-resolution picture of the Reebok wordmark for a royal jersey (royal patch with white wrtiting) (can be Isles, Bolts, Leafs, etc) Thanks!

To follow up on my post last week about the AHL authentic size 60 Lake Erie jersey, 2011 model:

IMG-20111117-00014.jpg

They don't list it as a 7287 on the paper tag. It is listed as 7314A.

Ok. I gave in to temptation and bought an IndoEdge. Does anyone have any hints on how to remove the reebok wordmark from the back of the jersey? It looks like it is heat-sealed on. The patch itself looks like the same one on the gamers (twill with embroidered letters). Is it best to heat it with an iron and would it peel off? Or is it better to go the goof off route? Or is the best option just to get someone to zig-zag stitch it down (like the gamers)? THANKS. Merci.

Ok. I gave in to temptation and bought an IndoEdge. Does anyone have any hints on how to remove the reebok wordmark from the back of the jersey? It looks like it is heat-sealed on. The patch itself looks like the same one on the gamers (twill with embroidered letters). Is it best to heat it with an iron and would it peel off? Or is it better to go the goof off route? Or is the best option just to get someone to zig-zag stitch it down (like the gamers)? THANKS. Merci.

I don't have any hints, but I am curious why on earth you'd buy one in the first place

You'll have to put a t-shirt over the neck and hit the spot with the iron. Then, you can pick at it while still hot and it should peel right off. That's the only way to get it off safely. There will be a pretty big glue spot left underneath though.

Don't want to get laughed at for buying one if I wear it to a game.

Seems to me that anyone who knew enough about jerseys to even care about this issue would probably be able to tell it was an Indo-Edge, with or without the wordmark. Most people probably wouldn't give a crap.

Again, my mind is blown as to why you'd bother to buy an indo edge and then strip the wordmark??? If you are worried about people thinking you're wearing an indo-edge why not just get a 1.0? It's not like they're all gone yet.

does... not... compute...

Assuming it is the same patch and stitching I would just sew that baby down.

Question: Are you just going to take the Reebok patch off and leave it "naked"?

Good point, if so you should just get a 1.0 on sale from last year, if not sew it down.

Seems to me that anyone who knew enough about jerseys to even care about this issue would probably be able to tell it was an Indo-Edge, with or without the wordmark. Most people probably wouldn't give a crap.

That's 99% of what we talk about here. We love it, but 99 times out of 100 no one's going to know or care about the difference. That's why it's cool to be a member here. At least to us.

Now who's up for a group hug in a manly hockey player sort of way?

Hey, at least the Islanders sign in the rain/snow. Dubinsky snapped at someone when they asked to take a picture with him because it was a light drizzle (I believe he said "C'mon, its rainging".). But he felt bad a took a couple of pictures. Wouldn't take one with me though :/

On the losing comment, I believe Mottau made Avery his b**** and same goes to Martin.