The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

I totally didn't even know there were differences in the jerseys, but I can't really see how you would notice the difference unless you were actually playing hockey in them, aside from maybe a little extra weight.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read about people complaining about the Edge 1.0 snagging how bad is it? Do they mean it snags like my Under Armour shirts or is it worse than that? I really liked the idea that the hockey jerseys were just like the ones that the players wear unlike the NFL authentic but now reading in this forum I am second guessing exactly how much they are alike.

When I read about people complaining about the Edge 1.0 snagging how bad is it? Do they mean it snags like my Under Armour shirts or is it worse than that? I really liked the idea that the hockey jerseys were just like the ones that the players wear unlike the NFL authentic but now reading in this forum I am second guessing exactly how much they are alike.

I don't own under armour, but...you know where your fingernail is a tiny bit uneven to where it rough to the touch? Mine grazed my jersey and I now have a 2" pull. I've never experienced that with a hockey jersey before a 1.0.

I totally didn't even know there were differences in the jerseys, but I can't really see how you would notice the difference unless you were actually playing hockey in them, aside from maybe a little extra weight.

There is a big difference from the cut to double elbows. 2.0's are made specifically for game use where the 1.0's were ditched because they apparently retained sweat and were heavy. The 2.0's are like old air knit jerseys. After doing some searching or if you happen to come across a 2.0 you will be able to see the big differences.

There is a big difference from the cut to double elbows. 2.0's are made specifically for game use where the 1.0's were ditched because they apparently retained sweat and were heavy. The 2.0's are like old air knit jerseys. After doing some searching or if you happen to come across a 2.0 you will be able to see the big differences.

The 1.0's were actually ditched because they wiked away sweat too well and it was running into the players gloves and skates which they didn't like.

The 1.0's were actually ditched because they wiked away sweat too well and it was running into the players gloves and skates which they didn't like.

Ya i remember reading about it and i wasnt sure if it soaked up the sweat and made them heavy but now after you said that i do remember thats what it was. Thats gotta suck when your gloves start filling up with sweat. I wouldnt want my warrior's getting ruined.

I figured I would put this question here instead of starting a new thread since this topic is essentially cover fabric types and sizes.

CCM is known for it's ultrafil, 6100 series, and 550 series.

I've seen/felt ultrafil jerseys before. However, is the 6100 series anything like the ultrafil? To my understanding it's more like a heavyweight air knit material that is very rough, but very durable, with the 550 being a mid-weight version of the same thing.

Am I way off base, or am I pretty close. Thanks for any clarifications.

I figured I would put this question here instead of starting a new thread since this topic is essentially cover fabric types and sizes.

CCM is known for it's ultrafil, 6100 series, and 550 series.

I've seen/felt ultrafil jerseys before. However, is the 6100 series anything like the ultrafil? To my understanding it's more like a heavyweight air knit material that is very rough, but very durable, with the 550 being a mid-weight version of the same thing.

Am I way off base, or am I pretty close. Thanks for any clarifications.

6100 is air-knit, the same as EDGE 2.0. Ultrafil is heavier than ait-knit and does have holes like air-knit does.

Well, the 6100 really referred to the jersey design itself. There were ultrafils in the 6100 cut. Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver are perfect examples of that. For the most part though, the 6100's were air-knit.

The problem I'm dealing with is this...

I am hoping to have some replicas made of my favorite college hockey team when they won the tite in 1987. I started a different topic about the Blackhawks crest, which they wore on that particular jersey. My next quandry related to the jersey itself. I'm 99.9 percent sure they were CCM ultrafil's. CCM has a custom jersey program, and was considering going through them to get some done. On one of their .pdf files, they describe their Pro Series jersey as "CCM patented pro weight Air-Knit Ultrafil fabric, 100% polyester double knit".

So, I thought that was great. I then talked to a CCM rep and he wasn't so sure on what the correct answer. He thought they were probably like the 6100 series, but it still does mention Ultrafil as being used.

So, that's where I'm at in the situation.

OK, you'll have to forgive me because I'm somewhat of a newbie to the technicalities of hockey jerseys, despite being a collector for years.

North Dakota is, as far as I know, the only team using RBK Edge jerseys in college hockey, and they just happen to be the team that my takes up all but two of my collection. They first started wearing the Edge jerseys last year, and they are 2.0's, or so I think.

I just noticed something interesting.

On the sewn tag on the jersey, it says "7187 A"...which should mean it's a 1.0, correct?

sewntag.jpg

Well, on the attached paper tag, it tells me it's a 7287.

hangingtag.jpg

I'm 99.9% sure they are 2.0's because I have a game-worn Matt Greene Oilers jersey that I believe is a 1.0, and these are very different, and just going by descriptions, I'm almost positive they are 2.0's. So, am I just confused by what "7187 A" means on the tag on the jersey, or is it wrong?

From the first post in this thread, two bits of info that are relevant to some recent posts:

Note: at this time both Edge 1.0 and Edge 2.0 still list 7187 on the neck tag.

There is hope, as our buddy Rabinsurance let us know, the AHL began selling Edge 2.0s at retail three seasons ago (in 2008-09).

(xcdude was right, quoting yourself is fun!)

So, am I just confused by what "7187 A" means on the tag on the jersey, or is it wrong?

You're not confused. I had the same question. 7187 A means the jersey is a size 56 or smaller and a 7187 H means that the jersey is a size 58 or larger :thumbsup:

The first AHL 2.0 I bought was in March 2008, near the end of the first season of the Edge program. Most teams switched on ice by January 2008. As posted earlier, the neck tag and paper tags were different.

Ok, upon further review. I was a little off in my timing. My oldest 2.0 was manufactured in May, 2008. I bought it in the fall of 2008, at the start of the second season of the Edge program. But I do stand by my statement of teams switching on ice in late 07-early 08. I remember an early game with Quad City (Flames' farm team) where it was easy to see the 1.0 just drenched in sweat. Red seemed to be a color that showed that. By mid season, that seemed to happen a lot less, and it was pretty easy to see why (I sit close enough to the ice to see this). Most teams had switched to the 2.0.

Ok so if I want to order a road Colorado Avalanche edge 2.0 jersey where should I get it from? Sounds like I might have to wait til next season? I don't live in denver so it's not like I can get one from the team store in the can if that's the only place that has it.

Ok so if I want to order a road Colorado Avalanche edge 2.0 jersey where should I get it from? Sounds like I might have to wait til next season? I don't live in denver so it's not like I can get one from the team store in the can if that's the only place that has it.

Edge 2.0 are not available for sale. No retailer has them because Reebok only supplies them to the team. The only way to get a 2.0 is to get lucky on eBay or to buy a game used/team issued jersey.

Hey all, I have to ask for advice because I have edge 2.0's, but not 1.0. I'm trying to buy a gamer from 2008-09 from someone and I know the team used both 1.0's and 2.0's that year. Unfortunately I can't see the jersey in person first, so I have to try to figure out if it's a 1.0 or 2.0 from pictures. Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty if this sleeve picture looks like a 1.0 or 2.0? It looks like air-knit to me.

P1020625.jpg