The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The supplier I usually get my jerseys from just confirmed that the material may be staying the same. At least for retail.

this is what he sent me:

Still a poly/spandex mix of material.

Reebok spelled out rather than the vector logo on back.

A green sizing tape rather than neck tags.

Not a big difference from the original EDGE jerseys really at all.

Available in mid-late Septamber for most styles.

So the only difference i guess is the Word mark REEBOK on the neck and that green colored sizing tag along the neck that we saw on the All star jerseys.

Who knows if the NHL will still get the 2.0s still. Take this as what you will, nothings comfirmed 100% until the jerseys are in retailers hands

I for one am upset

The supplier I usually get my jerseys from just confirmed that the material may be staying the same. At least for retail.

this is what he sent me:

Still a poly/spandex mix of material.

Reebok spelled out rather than the vector logo on back.

A green sizing tape rather than neck tags.

Not a big difference from the original EDGE jerseys really at all.

Available in mid-late Septamber for most styles.

So the only difference i guess is the Word mark REEBOK on the neck and that green colored sizing tag along the neck that we saw on the All star jerseys.

Who knows if the NHL will still get the 2.0s still. Take this as what you will, nothings comfirmed 100% until the jerseys are in retailers hands

I for one am upset

Did he explain why the all star jerseys are 2.0s?

Did he explain why the all star jerseys are 2.0s?

unless maybe im understanding it wrong? Poly spandex mix,, does that mean the AIR-KNIT poly front and that diff material on the back which is on the edge 1.0s and 2.0s?

Hey all, I have to ask for advice because I have edge 2.0's, but not 1.0. I'm trying to buy a gamer from 2008-09 from someone and I know the team used both 1.0's and 2.0's that year. Unfortunately I can't see the jersey in person first, so I have to try to figure out if it's a 1.0 or 2.0 from pictures. Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty if this sleeve picture looks like a 1.0 or 2.0? It looks like air-knit to me.

comparing this to my Blue Jackets home 1.0 this looks like a 1.0.

comparing this to my Blue Jackets home 1.0 this looks like a 1.0.

Thanks all! Tough decision! I like to wear the jerseys I get, and I want this one because it's sort of a cool rookie gamer, but I'd be afraid to wear the darn thing

Thanks all! Tough decision! I like to wear the jerseys I get, and I want this one because it's sort of a cool rookie gamer, but I'd be afraid to wear the darn thing

I wear all three of my 1.0 Jackets Jerseys to game and have had no problems with them, but if you don't want it pass the deal on to me. lol

This thread should be stickied.

i agree cause i think a lot still think 2.0s will be going on sale to the public,, it looks like its not!

Why do you say that? The new all-stars are retail 2.0.

Why do you say that? The new all-stars are retail 2.0.

retailers got their catalog and they are saying the fabric is staying the same, only changes are the green neck lining and the reebok name replacing the vector, My retailer where i get most of my jerseys from told me,, also another retailer where i placed and order of my minor league team said the same,, thank god the minor league jerseys im getting are the ones going to the team.

Mikey, you were the one who first said the new M7231 jerseys will be Edge 2.0s. Why do you think that's changed now?

sf3383 has seen the catalog as a retailer, and it didn't sound like he could say for certain one way or the other.

Personally I don't we will know for sure until the first shipments come in this September.

Mikey, you were the one who first said the new M7231 jerseys will be Edge 2.0s. Why do you think that's changed now?

sf3383 has seen the catalog as a retailer, and it didn't sound like he could say for certain one way or the other.

Personally I don't we will know for sure until the first shipments come in this September.

2 different retailers told me 2 dif things thats why, Im not confirming anything so I hope everyone doesnt think im throwing out lies or stuff, just what they told me. HOUSE O HOCKEY said they were 2.0s, my retailers here said the retail isnt changing material wise. I guess we will find out in SEPT

No I wasn't saying you were lying. I think everyone is just speculating at this point - I agree baring confirmation from Reebok, we'll just have to wait until September.

The thing that I worry about, assuming this is all true, is the actual cut of the new jerseys as well. From the pictures I've seen of the All-Star jerseys I can't tell whether it's a 1.0 cut made with 2.0 materials or the 2.0 cut that's currently made for the players. As what's been discussed many times before, they are two very different things. I prefer the current 2.0 cut as much as I like the 2.0 materials. The sleeves on the 1.0s are a good 3-5 inches longer than the game issued and game worn 2.0s.

If they make the retail 2.0s with the same cut as the 1.0 now, I'll still be really far from interested, especially for the high price.

I'm wondering if wer'e comparing apples to apples. How many of you have 1.0 and 2.0 of the same jersey in the same size? I only have 1.0 jerseys and while they are the same size, they are different teams and I would swear that they are not the same size as they fit me completely different. The sleeves on my Flames jersey fits me way better than the sleeves on my PENS jersey because of the style and cut difference of the panels of fabric. So are ALL 2.0's the same, or are they as different in pattern as the 1.0's. It looks to me like the style of the PENS 2.0 looks the same as the 1.0 from what I can tell so wouldn't the measurements have stayed the same?

Again, if some of you have the same jersey in the same size in the 2.0 and 1.0 let me know because I'm hoping to finally buy a 2.0 this year through one of the teams and I'm curious how big it will be on me.

I had an Avalanche 56 1.0, then got a 2.0 in the 56... Its much much more baggy in the arms, chest and a bit longer too.. not a whole lot but feels like a 6100 more.

I hate waiting!! i HAVE 2 MINOR league (OHL) jerseys on order. the exact ones going to the team, so I guess what ever they have ill have.

The 2.0's are more consistent material wise...it seems like they're air knit and then edge on the back....the 1.0's also seem to have that ultrafil type material which seem to have an effect on the size from jersey to jersey depending on where and how much is used. I have Blackhawks 2.0's, all star and minor league 2.0's and the 2.0's are all very consistent with fit.