My EPS experience

orangecrush8

I know to most of you EPS is your go to place for customization. My experience was less than satisfactory.

I had sent two of my jerseys to EPS to be customized. However both came back with errors. I spoke to Josh and at first he told me these jerseys would not be fixed free of charge, even though the errors were on their part. I sent numerous pictures showing exactly what I wanted, but unfortunately they came back wrong.

For example, the Flyers use twill on their current road jerseys for nameplate material. On my order form, I specifically asked for twill, yet the jersey came back with a Edge nameplate.

The other jersey I sent was a 2009 Flyers 2.0 road jersey (bought from Meigray). They placed the nameplate too high on this jersey, and therefore it overlapped onto a different colour of the jersey.

I had to speak with the owner of EPS and he agreed to fix my jerseys accordingly.

I sent the jerseys back to them about a month ago so I just sent Josh at EPS an email asking about the status and if they had any questions about specifically what was to be changed. This was his response...

"They’re here, but it will take some time as I am not sure how to address these. First off you sent a 52 for old white, no player in the NHL wears a 52, that’s why the plate looks different on your jersey than the picture you sent. Basically you are asking me to replicate shoddy customizing done by a non licensed facility. I can make a smaller name so that it won’t encroach on the orange, but then the letters are going to be closer than they should. Also if you look at your reference photo, they put the nameplate over the seam, you never do that. As far as the WC style, not sure what you think is wrong with it other than the fact that Philly Express is taking your money fulfilling with cheap twill plates. Also, do you know that Philly Express uses the same sleeve numbers on the WC style and the old white? They are actually different. We are going to take care of these and then we will not be working together again. You ideas of specifications are entirely farfetched and unable to be replicated."

Am I out of line here? Asking for the appropriate material that the Flyers use on their jerseys? Asking that the nameplate doesn't overlap onto a different part of the jersey? I hardly think these expectations are "farfetched" or are "unable to be replicated", but that's just me.

And just for people who are unaware. Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere both wear size 52 jerseys. Heck, even the reference photo I sent to EPS for the placement of the nameplate on the 2009 road jersey was of s game worn jersey, worn by Mike Richards when he wore a size 52!

Its quite sad, because most of you would all recommend them. I myself, however will not be going back after getting this email. I would have just ordered kits from now on, but the fact that they call my expectations farfetched and then say they will not be working with me again? All because I am asking for what is right? Just does not seem right to me.

These guys need to take a look at Icejerseys and how they deal with customer service.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man...that is crazy. I guess with the 09-10 road they would not only have to move the nameplate down but the numbers as well. It is a fact that the nameplate goes over the seam on the rear of the jersey. Richards most definately wears a 52 so that is a crazy statement. As for Philly Express the materials are very good. My only issues with Philly Express was a bit of dirt on the white sleeve numbers that came out completely with a quick wash. We as collectors seek the same materials the players wear on ice. The Flyers elected to use twill for the nameplates. Whether that is a cost effective alternative on their part is a moot point. To make a statement about not dealing with a customer in the future because they sent a jersey back for corrections is bad business. You basically sent a 2.0 that cannot be replaced and a 1.0 that cost close to $300. They should be corrected. Can they strip the new white road jersey and refund your customization costs? Maybe someone on the board that sews can fix the 2009-10 road jersey if they send you a new nameplate and some new rear numbers. Mike does great sewing work. Maybe he can help.

I had an issue with Josh when I had my Wild alternate jersey done. I had Brunette w/ the "A". EPS placed the "A" WAY to far over towards the left arm. It looked ridiculous. I called Josh and he pretty much gave me the same answer about how my size jersey is effected and blah, blah, blah.

Thats whats wrong with many American businesses today, too many workers take NO PRIDE in their work...As long as the paycheck is there on Friday...

Keep treating customers like that and there wont be a business, wont be a paycheck.... There sure as heck is no pride in being unemployed.

Is MLL any good?

Yes, very good. I had no complaints about their work. They do not have edge nameplates though.

did you take or have photos of the jersey??

Yes I do.

This is the reference photo I sent in to EPS for the placement of the nameplate and numbering. Its a Richards gamer

EPS-RichardsBack.jpg

And this is how it came back.

IMG_0275-1.jpg

Both jerseys are the same size btw

EPS placed the jersey at the top of the seam, but that way it overlaps. Every game worn Flyers jersey Iv seen on Meigray has the nameplate over the seam, and for good reason. Its not like Richards is a long last name, and it still overlaps. For a guy like vanRiemsdyk its placed so much lower.

The current road jersey that they customized for me has numerous problems. Wrong nameplate material, wrong back numbering, wrong side numbering and the captain's C is off as well.

IMG_0277-1.jpgIMG_0278.jpg

I'll also let you know about MLL if my jersey ever clears Customs. Its been sitting on the boarder for its 3rd week now. Sheesh!

I live in Canada so I don't have to worry about border problems.

I see the mistakes they made on the home jersey. The font they used is the Flyers font used prior to the Reebok Edge jerseys dating back to 1984. The 8 has square holes instead of the rectanglar holes on the 8 that the Flyers have now. The rear numbers have a thinner border which now is supposed to be 3/4". They Flyers now use a twill nameplate instead of fabric.

I don't know why they would have a problem sewing a nameplate over the rear seam. They worked on some Flyers Mitchell and Ness jerseys which have sleeve numbers that cross the seam on the sleeves.

If you live in the Philadelphia area, you can go to the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, N.J. and get the Edge Jersey with the correct fonts and materials. They use the same customizer that the team uses. You might want to give Flyers Skate Zone a call to see what they can do for you.

Yes I do.

This is the reference photo I sent in to EPS for the placement of the nameplate and numbering. Its a Richards gamer

EPS-RichardsBack.jpg

And this is how it came back.

IMG_0275-1.jpg

Both jerseys are the same size btw

EPS placed the jersey at the top of the seam, but that way it overlaps. Every game worn Flyers jersey Iv seen on Meigray has the nameplate over the seam, and for good reason. Its not like Richards is a long last name, and it still overlaps. For a guy like vanRiemsdyk its placed so much lower.

The current road jersey that they customized for me has numerous problems. Wrong nameplate material, wrong back numbering, wrong side numbering and the captain's C is off as well.

IMG_0277-1.jpgIMG_0278.jpg

I've been hearing increasing negative experiences with EPS. I've only dealt with them once and it was smooth. That was a couple of years ago though. I've always had good experiences with TTS, Chris has always been really good to me. One time they completely screwed up a jersey, in their defense it was an older jersey from the 70's and I may have not been specific enough. But they took it back, corrected the jersey and sent me a Wales conference replica for my troubles. I know some folks have have some difficulties with them as well, though. My experience with them has always been top notch.

I see the mistakes they made on the home jersey. The font they used is the Flyers font used prior to the Reebok Edge jerseys dating back to 1984. The 8 has square holes instead of the rectanglar holes on the 8 that the Flyers have now. The rear numbers have a thinner border which now is supposed to be 3/4". They Flyers now use a twill nameplate instead of fabric.

I don't know why they would have a problem sewing a nameplate over the rear seam. They worked on some Flyers Mitchell and Ness jerseys which have sleeve numbers that cross the seam on the sleeves.

If you live in the Philadelphia area, you can go to the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, N.J. and get the Edge Jersey with the correct fonts and materials. They use the same customizer that the team uses. You might want to give Flyers Skate Zone a call to see what they can do for you.

Yeah EPS is stripping the current road jersey and then it will be going to the Skate Zone to be done.

I was originally going to send that jersey to the Skate Zone to be done, but when I got last years road jersey I decided to give EPS a call to see if they could do the current road jersey. I asked all the right questions to josh and he ensured me that they have all the appropriate materials and fonts. I was just trying to save on some shipping costs because I live in Canada, so its cheaper to send one box to one location rather than a box to two different locations. It was a big mistake, but it will not be made again.

man that is not good to hear, its pretty obvious from the pics that they sewed it up too high and that's why it overlaps, kind of a ###### response from Josh. I was going to send an Avs jersey there since they seem to be the only place with mesh nameplate material, probably going to reconsider that now.

Yeah EPS is stripping the current road jersey and then it will be going to the Skate Zone to be done.

I was originally going to send that jersey to the Skate Zone to be done, but when I got last years road jersey I decided to give EPS a call to see if they could do the current road jersey. I asked all the right questions to josh and he ensured me that they have all the appropriate materials and fonts. I was just trying to save on some shipping costs because I live in Canada, so its cheaper to send one box to one location rather than a box to two different locations. It was a big mistake, but it will not be made again.

From the pictures, it had to be pretty clear what you wanted. It doesn't make sense that they would do it differently, and then try to argue about how the team does it, with countless team photos readily available to the world.

This speaks very poorly for them. It's a strong argument for choosing the company that does the job for a team. I read stuff like this, and I'm very glad I was able to do that with my jersey.

I know I'm an EPS defender, and the nameplate placement is wrong, but I spoke to Josh about the problems Philly Express are creating for them, and it'll suffice to say it's not EPS' fault. It's a crappy situation right now because PE messed up the status quo.

pcc7407, I've given lectures on this pretty much but they used that font up until the Edge black/white sets. PE decided not to alter the sleeves anymore and changed the font package. And they use twill nameplates because they're cheaper than Edge ones. I've dealt with PE, if you want terrible customer service, go to them. But unfortunately they're the only ones who can do the jerseys right because they messed everything up.

EPS is the best I've found. It's the only place I got anymore, so there is no need not to trust them.

I know I'm an EPS defender, and the nameplate placement is wrong, but I spoke to Josh about the problems Philly Express are creating for them, and it'll suffice to say it's not EPS' fault. It's a crappy situation right now because PE messed up the status quo.

pcc7407, I've given lectures on this pretty much but they used that font up until the Edge black/white sets. PE decided not to alter the sleeves anymore and changed the font package. And they use twill nameplates because they're cheaper than Edge ones. I've dealt with PE, if you want terrible customer service, go to them. But unfortunately they're the only ones who can do the jerseys right because they messed everything up.

EPS is the best I've found. It's the only place I got anymore, so there is no need not to trust them.

Johnny,

I remember you had some issues with Philly Express in the past. I had them do up a replica WC jersey and it came out nice and the turnaround was quick (about 10 days). I guess as Flyers fans it is what we are stuck with for now. As far as the nameplates go, I'm not sure that they used twill because it is cheaper. If you used a white edge nameplate on the bright orange jersey, the orange would show right through the nameplate. The twill gives the name a solid background against that orange color. The same would go for the white jersey I suppose. However, when the WC gamers were done, they used a black ultrafil material for the nameplates. As far as I can see this year they use black twill on the white jerseys. After the season I will be able to confirm that. Also, the Flyers used white twill in the 1970's for the nameplates. So that could be another reason why the team elected to use twill since the new jerseys are supposed to be retro looking.

EPS does good work if you need an older Flyers 6100 style jersey done. They have done two nameplate replacements for me and each one came out perfect. So I guess you take the good with the bad.

Josh told me that Edge nameplates are like 700% more expensive and that they're not supposed to be using twill. And yea their turnaround time is absolutely fantastic, and their prices aren't bad. They're just awful people haha.

EPS did my Richards Edge and I think it came out great. PE did my Giroux and it took me more money to fix it. When I called them out on the issue, they cursed me out and told me I was an idiot. Josh can be a little testy sometimes when challenged, but he listens if you are very calm about it and don't instantly point the finger.

It's a battle going on right now and very annoying. I'm not getting a new jersey until this straightens out, just sticking with the black/white sets because EPS does them fine.

Josh and I had a conversation about the Flyers and their somewhat questionable customizing facility which at the time was Ruberti's in West Chester. He said that the NHL has an approved font package for each team and the Flyers use whatever materials they want for the on ice jerseys. I believe he used the term "shack" when referring to Ruberti's as a business. I understand that this must be very frustrating to EPS when customers return jerseys because the font is not the same as what the players wear. My solution to them would be to tell Flyers customers up front that they cannot do the new retro jerseys because they don't have the font. I am sure Matt would have sent his new white retro jersey to PE if they would have told him up front. Josh is short with us and usually reassures us that they can do something even when they can't. Now the fact of the matter is the average customer will not know or care if the font is slightly off. It's nuts like us that must have Josh tossing and turning at night. Which leads me to this...

BUY GAMERS!!

and save yourself a ton of heartache.

Buying gamers does not remedy the problem for most people.

For one, money is an issue to a lot, myself included right now. So yea for double what I'd pay for a retail authentic of anyone I want, I could get some crappy player.

The other issue is if you want to wear the jerseys, you're limited. I wear a 52, which luckily includes two of my favorites. But going by this rationale, I can't own a Pronger jersey, because it wouldn't fit me anyway. If I'm just going to look at the jerseys and have money to burn, yea this is obvious, but if I want an actual jersey I can wear of a player I want, this is not an option and retail is the only route.