Does anyone have other hobbies outside of jerseys?

I thought this would be an interesting topic and i couldnt find one like it. So does anyone else have hobbies outside of collecting jerseys, watching their favorite teams or playing hockey? I'm sure most of us play some sort of hockey and watch our teams regularly but what else are you guys into?

For me i try to go to the gym regularly so when i wear a size 52 it fits me like a youth large jersey in the arms..chicks dig it. But on a more serious note im actually really into saltwater aquariums and have been maintaining my reef set up for almost two years now, it is probably more expensive then jersey collecting which stinks because its hard to do both but it is a very cool hobby. I also am very into cars and i had a 81 ford with a small block that i spent a lot of time and money on but now i have an 02 blacked out jetta thats pretty nice.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going, it would be cool to see what everyone else's hobbies are. :stickhndl:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other hobby besides attending sporting events and jerseys is getting autographs! B)

Getting autographs is pretty cool, i can remember when i was like 6 or 7 my dad would take me to the flyers practices. Somehow i ended up with about 10 signatures from roddy and hextall and i still have them.

It is getting weird though with getting the Isles' autographs. My brother is older than some of the players and I am only 3 months younger than El Nino.

I have no time for other hobbies with school getting in the way. ###### school.

In all seriousness I just enjoy hockey in general as I will watch any game that is on.

Number one is still just watching the Flyers live. Nothing compares to hockey. I dont understand how it is so irrelavant in the majority of the States. But hey, Im Canadian, so Im biased.

My dad and I take yearly trips to Philly to take in some games ever since I was a kid. I will never forget my first Flyers game in Philly against the Red Wings. Sitting in the highest row, watching the Flyers win 1-0 on a goal scored by Kent Manderville, what a star he was.

Iv had some really bad experiences over the last few years, lose 6-0 to Tampa, 5-2 Leafs, 2-1 to the Panthers when the Panthers tied it with 2 seconds left. But they have been made up by some good games recently. I was at the game last year against the Hawks (regular season) when Hartnell tied the game with 2 minutes to go and Pronger won it with a second left. As well, I was lucky enough to be in attendence for game 4 of the finals last year.

Other than that, I golf in the summer, bowl in the winter and have started recently running half marathons.

You must live near Naperville...

No, I live near Libertyville. The picture is from Cadillac, Michigan. A group of us get together there every year; did that just last month.

I have no time for other hobbies with school getting in the way. ###### school.

In all seriousness I just enjoy hockey in general as I will watch any game that is on.

Number one is still just watching the Flyers live. Nothing compares to hockey. I dont understand how it is so irrelavant in the majority of the States. But hey, Im Canadian, so Im biased.

My dad and I take yearly trips to Philly to take in some games ever since I was a kid. I will never forget my first Flyers game in Philly against the Red Wings. Sitting in the highest row, watching the Flyers win 1-0 on a goal scored by Kent Manderville, what a star he was.

Iv had some really bad experiences over the last few years, lose 6-0 to Tampa, 5-2 Leafs, 2-1 to the Panthers when the Panthers tied it with 2 seconds left. But they have been made up by some good games recently. I was at the game last year against the Hawks (regular season) when Hartnell tied the game with 2 minutes to go and Pronger won it with a second left. As well, I was lucky enough to be in attendence for game 4 of the finals last year.

Other than that, I golf in the summer, bowl in the winter and have started recently running half marathons.

I use to have my Flyers' season tix in that last row!!! I changed jobs and wake up way too early to go to the games anymore.

My other hobby is sports photography...Mostly Hockey but I'll shoot what ever and when ever I can. I used to take a week off when the Eagles trained locally here in the summer but now I have to make the long treck. I try to get to Voorhees as much as possible, and although I dont have the pics on webshots , I was lucky enough to get some Phillies gameplans recently.. I'll have to post some soon...

http://community.webshots.com/user/jerseymikea

No, I live near Libertyville. The picture is from Cadillac, Michigan. A group of us get together there every year; did that just last month.

NICE!!

Thats really cool. My buddy flies and wants to take me up to do a little photography but man, I'm scared. I don't even like the commercial airliners. :unsure:

This is turning out to be pretty cool..a marathon runner, flying planes and photography. Thats awesome guys.

Wrangler-how did you get into flying like that?

I've been playing and collecting guitars for about 35 years now. I've got a LOT more money wrapped up in guitars and amplifyers than I do in jerseys. Music is what I live for, life would SUCK without it. I also have a vinyl record collection of over 5ooo albums, and close to 5ooo cd's. I have tonnes of live concerts that I've downloaded from bands such as The Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers Band, The Black Crowes, Gov't Mule, The North Mississippi Allstars, Drive-By Tuckers and others. All the bands I listen to encourage the recording and sharing of their live shows. I like bands that don't just play their greatest hits live. If a band just plays the songs exactly like on their albums they aren't worth seeing in my opinion. I like bands that do some good jams in their shows.

I also enjoy photography. I took classes in high school and at university. One of these days I'll have my own darkroom again. I still like using film when possible although it's getting hard to find the equipment these days.

I also play hockey and in the summer like to go camping and hiking. While I was in the army I enjoyed sky diving and repelling also.

NICE!!

Thats really cool. My buddy flies and wants to take me up to do a little photography but man, I'm scared. I don't even like the commercial airliners. :unsure:

I used to be very afraid of flying, but the flight training got me over that.

This is turning out to be pretty cool..a marathon runner, flying planes and photography. Thats awesome guys.

Wrangler-how did you get into flying like that?

I listened to too many stories from my uncles who flew, started taking lessons, got my license, kept adding ratings, and ended up an instructor. Some of the most fun is skiplanes in the winter, and seaplanes in the summer. We land on the same lakes.

If you want to learn to fly, you just have to go out to the local airport. It does take some money, though.

I've been playing and collecting guitars for about 35 years now. I've got a LOT more money wrapped up in guitars and amplifyers than I do in jerseys. Music is what I live for, life would SUCK without it. I also have a vinyl record collection of over 5ooo albums, and close to 5ooo cd's. I have tonnes of live concerts that I've downloaded from bands such as The Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers Band, The Black Crowes, Gov't Mule, The North Mississippi Allstars, Drive-By Tuckers and others. All the bands I listen to encourage the recording and sharing of their live shows. I like bands that don't just play their greatest hits live. If a band just plays the songs exactly like on their albums they aren't worth seeing in my opinion. I like bands that do some good jams in their shows.

I also enjoy photography. I took classes in high school and at university. One of these days I'll have my own darkroom again. I still like using film when possible although it's getting hard to find the equipment these days.

I also play hockey and in the summer like to go camping and hiking. While I was in the army I enjoyed sky diving and repelling also.

Guitars and skydiving...###### man wide range, thats awesome. I wish i had musical talent.

My wife says I have to many hobbies. I play softball 4 nights a week during the summer and fall, I enjoy detailing my car and taking it to car shows, I also collect coins and almost anything Blue Jacket. And I never miss a Blue Jackets, Ohio State football/basketball or Reds game.

Old video games rock, i used to play some wcw game on N64 and that made me go to my local flea market and purchase a N64 with games and a controller for 25 bucks...hell ya!

Age gap is showing -- I've played games over the years, but on PC, and still do occasionally.

Also, I've got guitars, didn't mention it.

THAT'S your idea of old video games?? Jeez man; I would think Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man instead!

THAT'S your idea of old video games?? Jeez man; I would think Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man instead!

I have played those games too. When I was 2.

There are hobbies other than collecting jerseys?

I always find myself coming back to that, but I do enjoy drawing, photography, actually playing hockey, golfing, and camping. Though the last two are more summertime activities.

There are hobbies other than collecting jerseys?

I always find myself coming back to that, but I do enjoy drawing, photography, actually playing hockey, golfing, and camping. Though the last two are more summertime activities.

I like playing hockey too. I also like watching the best anime ever Dragon Ball Z.