Does anyone have other hobbies outside of jerseys?

I play Hockey, Softball and in the summer I try to ride my motorcycle as much as I can, Thanks to jersey collecting I have Harley taste and Honda money, I'm kinda new to it and figured I'd start cheap and work my way up, must say though Honda makes a really good bike and at a fraction of the price. If there are any riders on here in the Aurora / Naperville area who wann go shoot me a message, we head out West on the weekends on all day rides. I found out the hard way that you dont wear prized jersey's while riding, bugs don't wash out to well after they smash and dry out all day.

Oh, and if anyone local to me skates we try to get a group together on Friday's at All Seasons rink.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT'S your idea of old video games?? Jeez man; I would think Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man instead!

Haha. I still play NHL '95...is that old enough? I mean, there are 2 weird teams called the Whalers and Jets...I wonder who/what they are? :D

I play Hockey, Softball and in the summer I try to ride my motorcycle as much as I can, Thanks to jersey collecting I have Harley taste and Honda money, I'm kinda new to it and figured I'd start cheap and work my way up, must say though Honda makes a really good bike and at a fraction of the price. If there are any riders on here in the Aurora / Naperville area who wann go shoot me a message, we head out West on the weekends on all day rides. I found out the hard way that you dont wear prized jersey's while riding, bugs don't wash out to well after they smash and dry out all day.

No Way, Way..... No Way..... Way!

Did you play with Wayne and Garth? Game on.....I dated a girl from Naperville years back, Thats why I asked Wrangler if he was near there. I was amazed at the runways/streets in that area...

Haha. I still play NHL '95...is that old enough? I mean, there are 2 weird teams called the Whalers and Jets...I wonder who/what they are? :D

95 is easier compared to 93 and 94. Anyone remember this?

24.gif

Oh, and if anyone local to me skates we try to get a group together on Friday's at All Seasons rink.

I play open hockey most Fridays at lunch at Twin Rinks in Buffalo Grove.

Attending Concerts... mostly metal, rock! And drinking beer, is that a hobby? Some brew beer as a hobby, I prefer to drink it!

Attending Concerts... mostly metal, rock! And drinking beer, is that a hobby? Some brew beer as a hobby, I prefer to drink it!

I forgot to mention concerts..im gonna see disturbed/godsmack this summer..I just saw roger waters perform the wall in philly in november. I love music mostly metal too.

And Brilliant! i never got into sonic but i do recall many hours spent playing all of the mario brothers games. Yoshi's island was always my favorite. Koopa Troopa for life

And Brilliant! i never got into sonic but i do recall many hours spent playing all of the mario brothers games. Yoshi's island was always my favorite. Koopa Troopa for life

I loved Super Mario Bros 3. Another good game for the Genesis is World Series Baseball.

I never got into sega, although i can remember spending way too many hours playing mortal kombat on his sega...good times

Same here. I never had a sega (or ever got a PS3 or Xbox), but I have every Nintendo system.

I haven't had time to play video games recently. Normally, over the summer, my brother and I would play old Nintendo games (Yoshi's Island/Mario 64) all night and I would play on my DS and he would play the N64 and we would see who beat the game the fastest.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is the greatest video game that ever was/is/could be. There is no debate on this. If you disagree, you're wrong...and banned.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is the greatest video game that ever was/is/could be. There is no debate on this. If you disagree, you're wrong...and banned.

I always had a tough time with that when i was growing up..i used to get stuck at a certain point every time but it was fun

What system was it for? SNES?

Forgot to mention that I also like Super Mario World and Goof Troop on the SNES

THAT'S your idea of old video games?? Jeez man; I would think Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man instead!

You said it!

AVGN RULES!

I like to Play chess.....Screw.....

... So how about some chess then?

Y'all a bunch of nerds ;)

I'm a rower. Best sport on earth, hands down. Probably one of the most physically taxing, mentally greuling, fully team oriented sport out there. Having to be in perfect unison with 7 other guys thinking about 10,000 little things at once, while pulling as hard as you can for a race is one of the most grueling, amazing things in the world. I'm actually enjoying the world of coxswaining (the guy that steers and commands the boat) right now as I am on LTIR with my back.

Besides that I'm also an avid runner. After college I'm hoping to join a rowing club, as well as pick back up training for a marathon. I did a half marathon my senior year of high school (It was unofficial for charity), and really want to one day run the NYC marathon. On top of that I love rock climbing and backpacking. I'm a real outdoorsmen (I'm really excited to haul up on gear this summer for hopefully a nice trek in North Carolina with some buddies and just update my collection), and that stems back from being in the Scouts. I am a high ropes instructor at a local summer camp, so I am training in belaying, rappelling, and well as other high ropes activities. No skydiving for me, but Krendelev is right, rappelling is awesome. As for backpacking, just getting away form everything and carrying everything you need to survive on the trail is just such an amazing experience. I've done treks spanning from 3 days to 2 weeks, and one day hope to do the Appalachian Trail (it really isn't that hard if you prepare!) My life dream is to learn how to mountaineer and one day hopefully summit peaks like Denali (Everest is a stretch haha), and a do a lot of hiking and mountaineering in Patagonia. Also, I want to someday hike the Snowman Trek. Its a 21 day excursion through Bhutan and crosses around 14 mountain passes in the Himalayas! Thank god I am young, and have my whole life after college to prepare for this :)

Too many hobbies: Playing ice hockey, bass guitar, guns, backpacking, XBOX360... I use to race road bikes, but had to cut some of the spending fat out of my life.

B**** please, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is by far the best game ever made. That Guido plumber has nothing on Link.

Other than playing hockey, I play softball in the summer too. Used to do some indoor karting but not so much anymore. I also play keyboard in Rock Band. I usually never miss a F1 race either:

2011-ferrari-f-150th-italia-front-on-track.jpg

Xcdude thats pretty cool stuff, there are so many different things people on here like to do.

And Fire Boudreau...come on man how did you forget the Mountain Dew and Xtreme rage bidding, i know thats one of your main stays??!!

I too am a fan of racing, im really big into the NHRA and drag racing..I used to go to Atco raceway when i was younger to watch but now i go to Englishtown once a year to watch John Force and the rest of the NHRA pros.

Y'all a bunch of nerds ;)

I'm a rower. Best sport on earth, hands down. Probably one of the most physically taxing, mentally greuling, fully team oriented sport out there. Having to be in perfect unison with 7 other guys thinking about 10,000 little things at once, while pulling as hard as you can for a race is one of the most grueling, amazing things in the world. I'm actually enjoying the world of coxswaining (the guy that steers and commands the boat) right now as I am on LTIR with my back.

Besides that I'm also an avid runner. After college I'm hoping to join a rowing club, as well as pick back up training for a marathon. I did a half marathon my senior year of high school (It was unofficial for charity), and really want to one day run the NYC marathon. On top of that I love rock climbing and backpacking. I'm a real outdoorsmen (I'm really excited to haul up on gear this summer for hopefully a nice trek in North Carolina with some buddies and just update my collection), and that stems back from being in the Scouts. I am a high ropes instructor at a local summer camp, so I am training in belaying, rappelling, and well as other high ropes activities. No skydiving for me, but Krendelev is right, rappelling is awesome. As for backpacking, just getting away form everything and carrying everything you need to survive on the trail is just such an amazing experience. I've done treks spanning from 3 days to 2 weeks, and one day hope to do the Appalachian Trail (it really isn't that hard if you prepare!) My life dream is to learn how to mountaineer and one day hopefully summit peaks like Denali (Everest is a stretch haha), and a do a lot of hiking and mountaineering in Patagonia. Also, I want to someday hike the Snowman Trek. Its a 21 day excursion through Bhutan and crosses around 14 mountain passes in the Himalayas! Thank god I am young, and have my whole life after college to prepare for this :)

Nice! But have you ever taken a tramp in the woods? :P

Xcdude thats pretty cool stuff, there are so many different things people on here like to do.

And Fire Boudreau...come on man how did you forget the Mountain Dew and Xtreme rage bidding, i know thats one of your main stays??!!

I too am a fan of racing, im really big into the NHRA and drag racing..I used to go to Atco raceway when i was younger to watch but now i go to Englishtown once a year to watch John Force and the rest of the NHRA pros.

I work at a place called S&W Race Cars ad they specialize in dragster chassis construction. When I first started there, they were in the middle of building a new chassis for Alexis DeJoria after this event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZegY89juh0. In the few seconds before the sand pit, she managed to crank over 3/4" of aluminum that was the ebrake and mount. I can't even imagine the thoughts that go through your head in those moments.

Its cool to see the design and tech behind these things, but I still don't know if I could sit and watch it on TV every weekend. Let me know when the events are and I might be able to score you some passes to Englishtown or Maple Grove when the NHRA makes their stops. I prefer to watch MotoGP type stuff, or Isle of Man whenever its on HD Theater, as well as Rally and GT series racing. I would love to get into F1, but just have never gotten around to it.

Nice! But have you ever taken a tramp in the woods? :P

Haven't found the right one yet ;) EDIT: I hope I got this correct haha...

I noticed a few other people have mentioned backpacking as a hobby, would an IceJerseys trek be feasible??? Also, have to ask: Internal or external?