Does anyone have other hobbies outside of jerseys?

Its a lifestyle choice. Funny story, doing laundry right now, and actually got tan from going to florida to train for a week. Though, if any of you call me the situation I will cut you.

OK there Snooki.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a lifestyle choice. Funny story, doing laundry right now, and actually got tan from going to florida to train for a week. Though, if any of you call me the situation I will cut you.

Same old story, dude brings a knife to a gun fight.

Nobody here likes Dragonball Z?

Im shaking my head man..im hoping your a kid and not someone in there twenties pretending to be a superhero or something. haha

Im shaking my head man..im hoping your a kid and not someone in there twenties pretending to be a superhero or something. haha

Don't worry I still go to school as it is and I'm not in my twenties. :thumbsup:

I used to bowl quite a bit. About 25 years worth, sometimes 2-3 nights a week. A knee injury put that hobby to rest, so now my new favorite thing is overlanding and camping.

A few years back I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee, stock, and built it up for mild to moderate off roading. I'm not into rock-crawling or anything like that. I enjoy exploring and seeing everything there is that you can't see from a freeway. It's all about the escape from reality!

Other than watching the Blues, Colts, or Reds, I have always had an interest in building computers. I also collect and shoot military-style firearms as well as collect WWII militaria. Like some of the others here, I also try to do a half-marathon every year.

Y'all a bunch of nerds ;)

I'm a rower. Best sport on earth, hands down. Probably one of the most physically taxing, mentally greuling, fully team oriented sport out there. Having to be in perfect unison with 7 other guys thinking about 10,000 little things at once, while pulling as hard as you can for a race is one of the most grueling, amazing things in the world. I'm actually enjoying the world of coxswaining (the guy that steers and commands the boat) right now as I am on LTIR with my back.

Besides that I'm also an avid runner. After college I'm hoping to join a rowing club, as well as pick back up training for a marathon. I did a half marathon my senior year of high school (It was unofficial for charity), and really want to one day run the NYC marathon. On top of that I love rock climbing and backpacking. I'm a real outdoorsmen (I'm really excited to haul up on gear this summer for hopefully a nice trek in North Carolina with some buddies and just update my collection), and that stems back from being in the Scouts. I am a high ropes instructor at a local summer camp, so I am training in belaying, rappelling, and well as other high ropes activities. No skydiving for me, but Krendelev is right, rappelling is awesome. As for backpacking, just getting away form everything and carrying everything you need to survive on the trail is just such an amazing experience. I've done treks spanning from 3 days to 2 weeks, and one day hope to do the Appalachian Trail (it really isn't that hard if you prepare!) My life dream is to learn how to mountaineer and one day hopefully summit peaks like Denali (Everest is a stretch haha), and a do a lot of hiking and mountaineering in Patagonia. Also, I want to someday hike the Snowman Trek. Its a 21 day excursion through Bhutan and crosses around 14 mountain passes in the Himalayas! Thank god I am young, and have my whole life after college to prepare for this :)

Nerd Alert

I've been playing and collecting guitars for about 35 years now. I've got a LOT more money wrapped up in guitars and amplifyers than I do in jerseys. Music is what I live for, life would SUCK without it. I also have a vinyl record collection of over 5ooo albums, and close to 5ooo cd's. I have tonnes of live concerts that I've downloaded from bands such as The Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers Band, The Black Crowes, Gov't Mule, The North Mississippi Allstars, Drive-By Tuckers and others. All the bands I listen to encourage the recording and sharing of their live shows. I like bands that don't just play their greatest hits live. If a band just plays the songs exactly like on their albums they aren't worth seeing in my opinion. I like bands that do some good jams in their shows.

You sir, are awesome. I sort of play guitar, electric, and my dad has vinyl up the Arse. The Who, Dead, RUSH, Black Crowes, Allman Brothers, AC/DC etc. The guy who was teaching me to play/is going to continue teaching me to play when I have some free time builds his own amplifiers. Do you have any preference as far as guitars go? Btw, seeing RUSH on Sunday. Second time around for me, saw them last summer at an outdoor venue and they were right up there with AC/DC who I saw for the first time in '08, and that's easily the best concert I've seen.

As far as my own hobbies go, aside from playing guitar and now collecting jerseys, I bowled for 20 years of my life. From the time I was 4 up until last summer, but that was always more of a competitive sport for me than a hobby.

You sir, are awesome. I sort of play guitar, electric, and my dad has vinyl up the Arse. The Who, Dead, RUSH, Black Crowes, Allman Brothers, AC/DC etc. The guy who was teaching me to play/is going to continue teaching me to play when I have some free time builds his own amplifiers. Do you have any preference as far as guitars go? Btw, seeing RUSH on Sunday. Second time around for me, saw them last summer at an outdoor venue and they were right up there with AC/DC who I saw for the first time in '08, and that's easily the best concert I've seen.

As far as my own hobbies go, aside from playing guitar and now collecting jerseys, I bowled for 20 years of my life. From the time I was 4 up until last summer, but that was always more of a competitive sport for me than a hobby.

Nice another bowler!

I have bowled ever since I can remember, but havent been able to bowl in a league or competitively lately at all because school has gotten in the way

Nice another bowler!

I have bowled ever since I can remember, but havent been able to bowl in a league or competitively lately at all because school has gotten in the way

NICE! I'm not alone on here. I originally stopped bowling because I umpire baseball, and when all the double and triple headers started in July, crouching behind the plate and bowling got to be too much on the knees. Somewhere in the last 9 months I realized bowling stopped being fun a long time ago, I just don't have the itch anymore. I suppose one of these days the 300 I came up short on more than once will haunt me enough to make me wanna pick up the rock again, but for the time being at least, I'm done.

NICE! I'm not alone on here. I originally stopped bowling because I umpire baseball, and when all the double and triple headers started in July, crouching behind the plate and bowling got to be too much on the knees. Somewhere in the last 9 months I realized bowling stopped being fun a long time ago, I just don't have the itch anymore. I suppose one of these days the 300 I came up short on more than once will haunt me enough to make me wanna pick up the rock again, but for the time being at least, I'm done.

Its funny now that Im away from it I really do miss it and will spare for anyone in the league I used to bowl in when I can. I have had one 300 and one 299. The 300 I actually got it in the first game of my first ever adult tournament after I made the switch from juniors. I comfortably backed it up with a 137 the next game haha

I used to collect hockey cards. I had cards like my Gretzky 2000th point card, my Gordie Howe card, my entire 2003-04 Vancouver Canucks team cards, and my 4 2003-04 Marc Savard cards

Its funny now that Im away from it I really do miss it and will spare for anyone in the league I used to bowl in when I can. I have had one 300 and one 299. The 300 I actually got it in the first game of my first ever adult tournament after I made the switch from juniors. I comfortably backed it up with a 137 the next game haha

LMFAO! You sir are my hero. I have one 299, a 296 (shut up in advance) and about a thousand 279+. The 299 actually followed a 160 start, so don't feel bad. I actually went 259-279-160 one night. The 160 being courtesy of an idiot teammate taking a whiz without shoe covers on, then dumping EZ-slide all over the approach because he was sticking and causing me to fall on my Arse repeatedly. Oh well, s*** happens.

Nerd Alert

dsnyBx63fe5ievtwwbu8WFnro1_500.jpg

I play as much golf as is physically possible for a married man with children. I could play more but it's a fine line between more golf and divorce. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...