Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Just got a blank Rangers White liberty jersey and trying to figure out who to put on it besides the usual suspects (Gretzky, Leetch, Richter, Graves). I want to go with Nedved but, I want to know if he ever wore the A in the white liberty. So here's what I found so far:

Leetch was captain and played all 82 Games. - I assume due to tenure that Beukeboom and Graves were the alternates to start the season. Beuekeboom - http://www.abdcards.com/photos/new-york-rangers-photos.htm

Beuke was subsequently injured by that jerk Matt Johnson on Nov 19, 1998 vs Kings, returned, got reinjured, and eventually retired. I believe Samuelson was his replacement for the A but, he got a concussion on March 7th, 1999 vs Bruins.

Nedved was given A for the March 8th, 1999 game vs Maple Leafs (Rangers wore white jersey) and he had it until at least April 3 according to articles below. Checked the boxscore for all games after April 3 and Samuelson did not play in any of those so I am guessing Nedved kept the A from March 8th through the end of the season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/nedved-rangers-hit-spot-tie-berth-ot-win-article-1.833967

http://www.newsday.com/sports/tough-enough-history-shows-nedved-willing-to-pay-any-price-1.326903

What games did the Rangers wear the White Libertys during the 98-99 season?

Does anyone have video/photos/etc that shows Nedved wearing an A in White Liberty?

Thanks guys

Edited by Zeshy25

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the NHL 2000 intro (EA Sports video game) there is a clip of Nedved in the White Liberty scoring a goal WITHOUT the "A".

If you go on youtube you can probably find it unless you have a 14 year old game and a Playstation One kicking around ;)

This may not help you much, but there's a Samuelsson set 2 white Liberty gamer on eBay now, which the seller claims is videomatched to a March 15, 1999 game. It has the alternate captain A on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221504058752?

Edited by LAK74

Lots of great choices on that roster. I'd go with Chelios.

To JohnC - Personally, I bought conference champions hats & t-shirts for my son and me, and we're proud to wear them. I stayed away from items that have to do with the Cup itself. For that I'm waiting until the Rangers win it.

Already purchased an NYR road authentic that I plan on sending to arena wear to make into a McDonagh, real question is, do I also get the Cup Final patch stitched on it?

I've done the same except I'm skipping the SCF patch route and waiting to see if and when he gets the 'C'. Then it's off to AW.

Actually I have a home jersey. But the rest still applies.

That's not a bad choice. I may have to break my no Canadians except for Gretzky (thanks to my bitterness over the 2010 Olympics) rule since the player pickings for that jersey are slim.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it can't be Heatley. The jersey is a 99-00 replica with no CCM logo on the neck so it'll have to be someone from their inaugural season.

Edited by TheKevinShow

I tend to see people split 50/50 on this issue but I personally don't like scf patches (or world series/super bowl patches) on a jersey if they are on the losing side.

I agree. I picked up 3 patches (2 for jerseys should they have won and 1 to keep) which are in my Rangers memorabilia drawer. It's cool to have the patch, see it and say "nice job getting there boys" but I don't want it permanently affixed to a shirt as it's a constant and bitter reminder of a "good-but-not-good-enough" effort.

That's not a bad choice. I may have to break my no Canadians except for Gretzky (thanks to my bitterness over the 2010 Olympics) rule since the player pickings for that jersey are slim.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it can't be Heatley. The jersey is a 99-00 replica with no CCM logo on the neck so it'll have to be someone from their inaugural season.

Wow. Just looked at the Thrashers' 99-00 stats. Rough year. Decent one for Ray Ferraro, though. Too bad he was born in British Columbia...

• 2 weeks later...

Cjmatthews,

Thanks again for the suggestion about taking my 1990s Rangers jersey to Cosby's for customization. They did a great job, including sewing on the 94SC patch I provided from patch collection. Cost $109 including tax, and turnaround (in August) was about 10 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to have an extra Nike Ultrafil Ducks kicking around that I was originally saving to make into a Kariya but I've got my fair share of those and Selannes at the moment. They wore Nike ultrafils during the 96-97 Season so I've been debating over the past few days and can't decide on who to put on it. My thoughts were either Rucchin or Kurri. Any suggestions on who I should go with?

Thanks!

10503380086_fdc764c8c8_z.jpg

I need opinions for a jersey that isn't mine. I've got a Kings fan friend who has a 2000-2004 CCM white jersey and I'd like to solicit opinions that I can pass on to him. Personally, I recommended that he go with either Robitaille or Blake (with the captain's C) but there are other options.

If you're going to recommend Blake, you may want to make sure the jersey has the 2000-01 shield crest- if it's the crown, it would be a foul.