Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a Rangers fan I HATED Richer as a Devil He not only got us on the score sheet but seemed to find ways of being a jerk yet drawing one-way retaliation penalties.

If I were a Devils fan, I'd go Richer.

Didn't Gilmour wear only airknit Devils jerseys?

Good to know. Would have totally bought an ultrafil and put Gilmour on it.

Good to know. Would have totally bought an ultrafil and put Gilmour on it.

And the folks here would have vilified you. I personally would just think it was a cool jersey, but c'est la vie and carpe diem and all that BS.

How often do air-knit devils from that time period pop up? Was it a Gilmour only thing while everything else sold at retail was ultrafil?

Devils used airknit from 96-97 up until the EDGE. CCM, ProPlayer in 2000, then CCM Home/Koho Road until what, 2006-07 when they wore Reebok 6100's?

The Airknits may be rarer indeed than the Ultrafils. I have a handful of Ultrafils but only 2 Airknits. I hardly ever find them. Might be that size 56 is just in small supply.

I need s 2001-02 CCM white or Koho red size 56, actually. Trying to complete my SCF set.

Edited by mfitz804

Recently bought a Canada jersey from this year, but so far it's only been used for Juniors I believe, and potentially for Worlds in May. However, I really want to put either Stamkos or Toews on it. I know this is a pretty bad foul as of right now, but any opinions?

Rangers Stadium Series Jersey (3 choices): Zucc, Nash or Kreider?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting my little brother a current Senators jersey for birthday gift, but I'm not sure who to put on it. He said he likes all the players, but he plays hockey as a goalie, so Anderson or Hammond would be good options, though I'd like to be as sure as possible that the player at least starts the next season with the team. Other good options would be Ryan, Karlsson, Stone or Turris. I'm probably leaning on Ryan, but do you got any suggestions?

Edit: I already contacted the team, but does anyone happen to know who does their jerseys?

Edited by jolmari

Zucc on the Stadium Series

So, after my latest shipment of jersey from EPS came in, I've had to start considering who to get on my next batch of jerseys. The key is I'm not sure which ones I'll be sending in and I have only made concrete decisions for the names on two of them (Bourque on my Avs and Robitaille on my Kings) while the others I'm either leaning towards someone or completely undecided. So, here's what I've got so far:

• Boston Bruins 2000-04 black
  • Minnesota Wild 2000-04 white
  • Montreal Canadiens 2000-04 white
  • New Jersey Devils 1992-99 red (will have '95 SCF patch)
  • New York Islanders 1995-97 white (leaning towards Palffy and hopefully will have 25th anniversary patch)
  • Philadelphia Flyers 2002-04 orange (leaning towards Roenick)
  • Phoenix Coyotes 2001-03 white (leaning towards Amonte)
  • Vancouver Canucks 1997-00 blue

Also, two I'm bidding on on EBay right now, assuming that I do win them:

• Toronto Maple Leafs 2000-04 white
  • Buffalo Sabres 2000-04 red (leaning towards Hasek)

Have at it.

So, after my latest shipment of jersey from EPS came in, I've had to start considering who to get on my next batch of jerseys. The key is I'm not sure which ones I'll be sending in and I have only made concrete decisions for the names on two of them (Bourque on my Avs and Robitaille on my Kings) while the others I'm either leaning towards someone or completely undecided. So, here's what I've got so far:

• New York Islanders 1995-97 white (leaning towards Palffy and hopefully will have 25th anniversary patch)

Have at it.

Devils switched from Ultrafil to Airknit for the 1996-97 season. Thus, you cannot own a "1992-99" jersey unless you own two.

Just sayin'.

I had my last Ultrafil done up as a Stevens 1995 SCF.

As picky as I am, if I had a replica done up as a '95 SCF I wouldn't care if it was airknit. Even if you got an ultrafil replica it would probably be of worse quality than the airknit one, and it still wouldn't be the same as an ultrafil authentic anyway. Just my opinion.

One of my favorite replicas is a CCM Nordiques Peter Stastny. I know he wore ultrafil Maskas and CCM's during the 1980's, but I've never been able to find an ultrafil authentic in a size that I could use. So I got an airknit replica which I'm fine with, despite the fact that the material is "wrong," not to mention the kit being stitched twill as opposed to the vinyl or whatever it was that they used. After all, it's a replica.

As picky as I am, if I had a replica done up as a '95 SCF I wouldn't care if it was airknit. Even if you got an ultrafil replica it would probably be of worse quality than the airknit one, and it still wouldn't be the same as an ultrafil authentic anyway. Just my opinion.

One of my favorite replicas is a CCM Nordiques Peter Stastny. I know he wore ultrafil Maskas and CCM's during the 1980's, but I've never been able to find an ultrafil authentic in a size that I could use. So I got an airknit replica which I'm fine with, despite the fact that the material is "wrong," not to mention the kit being stitched twill as opposed to the vinyl or whatever it was that they used. After all, it's a replica.

Yup if it's a replica, it's already not "on ice accurate". Do as you please. Plus, as stated, those "Ultrafil" replicas were crap.

Recently bought a Canada jersey from this year, but so far it's only been used for Juniors I believe, and potentially for Worlds in May. However, I really want to put either Stamkos or Toews on it. I know this is a pretty bad foul as of right now, but any opinions?

Wait it out and pick someone down the road who you'll appreciate instead of regretting the foul...patience is a virtue.

Rangers Stadium Series Jersey (3 choices): Zucc, Nash or Kreider?

Go with an original Ranger.

I'm getting my little brother a current Senators jersey for birthday gift, but I'm not sure who to put on it. He said he likes all the players, but he plays hockey as a goalie, so Anderson or Hammond would be good options, though I'd like to be as sure as possible that the player at least starts the next season with the team. Other good options would be Ryan, Karlsson, Stone or Turris. I'm probably leaning on Ryan, but do you got any suggestions?

Edit: I already contacted the team, but does anyone happen to know who does their jerseys?

Stone or Zibanejad

Have at it.

Gretzky...on all of them.

'89-90 Oilers, Messier or Kurri, but more importantly, why?

Kevin McClelland, all the way. Edited by slimcutta
Too obvious :P