Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So...the Blue jackets 3rd jersey I bought from Jersey, that took forever, has a vector neck logo. I didn't know they made those with the vector logo. I was planning on making a Saad jersey. How much of a jersey foul would it be if I still went ahead and still made a Saad jersey, or is there any better option? Did Boone Jenner ever wear the Vector logo? And what are the odds or finding a Reebok logo that is cream with dark blue lettering.

Out of all the crap I had to go through, I didn't research the jersey enough - go figure!!!

They introduced it for the final year teams had the vector, so you're SOL on Jenner as well since he didn't debut with the Blue Jackets until 13-14.

Anybody know who could customize this perfectly? If not, this may be the first jersey I finally send to Keener. But first, I have to decide who to put on it. I'd prefer a player from their inaugural 1991/92 season, someone who played for the Rangers, or a goalie (but without it actually being a goalie-cut, I'll probably not go that route) Right now, I'm leaning towards Mullen or Irbe.

I've been looking forever for a first season Sharks jersey in a size larger than 52. This one is minty fresh, and still has the tag attached!

51481075011670-vi.jpg

Man, those first season Sharks were beautiful jerseys. Nice find!!

Thanks. I got it for a steal, and it even smells like it just left the factory. I rarely find these jerseys bigger than a 48, and I prefer the pre-edge jerseys to be a little bigger because of the sleeve length, so I'm stoked to find a nice, roomy 54.

Thanks. I got it for a steal, and it even smells like it just left the factory. I rarely find these jerseys bigger than a 48, and I prefer the pre-edge jerseys to be a little bigger because of the sleeve length, so I'm stoked to find a nice, roomy 54.

Same reason I stick to a 56 over a 54. I used to look for those, before I limited my NHL to just Devils. Never saw a 56, maybe I saw one 54 in the Airknit version.

A very nice find and if it was a steal, even better!

Some options:

Kelly Kisio (former Ranger)j

Pat Falloon (best season...first draft pick) <--- My choice

Doug Wilson (captain)

Some options:

Kelly Kisio (former Ranger)j

Pat Falloon (best season...first draft pick) <--- My choice

Doug Wilson (captain)

Those were actually the remaining three in my top 5, and for all the same reasons.

Any idea WHO would be my best bet to customize this one?

Custom Crafted did the originals, if you don't mind spending a ton of money.

EPS can do a great job for much less. They should be able to accurately reproduce pretty much every letter and number for the 5 players you mentioned, but it may take a bit of work to explain what you need. This is because some letters in the 91/92 font underwent some shape changes in the season immediately following- most notably, M, S, and W, which do appear in the names of some of the players you're considering. If you don't specify anything, you may get an unwanted version of that letter. You also may end up on Josh's s*** list after this, lol. Actually it's quite possible you may have the same problem with Custom Crafted as well, if you're not specific. If you want to nail the Sharks' font for the season you want, it's very likely you will have to do a good amount of research.

Btw, EPS has matching teal airknit for nameplates.

Edited by LAK74

You also may end up on Josh's s*** list after this, lol.

That's probably one of the easiest lists to get on of all time. I'm pretty sure just existing and owning a jersey puts you on it.

Custom Crafted did the originals, if you don't mind spending a ton of money.

EPS can do a great job for much less. They should be able to accurately reproduce pretty much every letter and number for the 5 players you mentioned, but it may take a bit of work to explain what you need. This is because some letters in the 91/92 font underwent some shape changes in the season immediately following- most notably, M, S, and W, which do appear in the names of some of the players you're considering. If you don't specify anything, you may get an unwanted version of that letter. You also may end up on Josh's s*** list after this, lol. Actually it's quite possible you may have the same problem with Custom Crafted as well, if you're not specific. If you want to nail the Sharks' font for the season you want, it's very likely you will have to do a good amount of research.

Btw, EPS has matching teal airknit for nameplates.

Thanks! I wouldn't have realized that. I think my best bet is Keener. I've seen he can also add the Custom Crafted logo as well.

Now, I'm thinking it's a toss up between Irbe or Kisio.

Thanks! I wouldn't have realized that. I think my best bet is Keener. I've seen he can also add the Custom Crafted logo as well.

I think Keener will do a fine job. And, they are very receptive to guidance, unlike some other customizers. You can send them pictures, give them instructions, and they will be happy to receive them and try their best to give you exactly what you want.

If they can also add the CC logo, all the better.

So now I'm confused. I'm finally ready to send off a Binghamton Sens jersey for customizing this weekend. Do I go Keener or EPS?

I'd e-mail them both, with pictures, and ask if they have the necessary fonts/materials. I would almost guarantee EPS has it. I think Josh at EPS would know what materials are needed and whether they have them. I am not sure if Keener has that level of knowledge, but only because I've never needed to ask them a question like that.

I personally ask EPS every time I have something unusual, and they always tell me they can do it. Only clunker I ever got was a Whalers jersey with one layer too thin. So other than a Whalers, I basically send them everything.

Irbe or Kisio should be pretty easy for both Keener and EPS with a minimum of details to have to explain. Fortunately good pictures of 1991/92 gamers of both players are available.

image_zpseciit4nf.jpeg

image_zpsv8qeauc2.jpeg

image_zps37faktjr.jpeg

On the subject of keener, does anybody know if he can add a hem logo to a jersey? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

Some idiot I know (definitely not me) bought a 2001 all star to turn into a 2000 without stopping to think if the CCM logo placement was different.

Yes, he can have it done. May take a while though.

I'm very much a European goalie guy as I prefer Hasek over Roy/Brodeur and Tretiak over Dryden type thing so it was a pretty easy choice for me of who I'm getting put on this jersey. I'm trying to determine if people would prefer a 1976 Canada Cup style or 1980 Olympic style.

I would love to make it in honor of Tretiak's 1981 Canada Cup MVP, but that was an ultrafil jersey. I've photomatched the 1976 and 1980 as airknit. I'm leaning toward 1976 because I like the white nameplate and the font better... and it could likely be reproduced easier... but maybe if anyone had a good reason/history lesson of why they'd choose 1980 I could be convinced since it was the year I arrived in this place.

20160513_143120_resized_zpsrwxu37j5.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-02%20at%2012.53.

52479663-american-hockey-player-jim-crai

It's tag 48 but measures like a 54. To me one of the cleaner meaner classic jerseys in history and since I'm not getting gameworn this is as close as it gets for me. The only difference of note that I can tell is the white collar.

Edited by JJM4

For Rangers 1978-1987: John Vanbiesbrouck (#34) or Ron Greschner (#4, Captain)? :skaterblu:

81dtRMHc2DL._SL1268_.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by NYRFanDB

Go with the white nameplate version on the CCCP jersey. It looks slick!

And Beezer for the Rangers!

• 3 weeks later...

I would post a pic but can not

I have a Blue Florida Panthers Jersey bigS with star Starter jersey