Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

I can usually make up my mind, but I'm having trouble here. Got a couple of Canucks jerseys to do, and I want a Bure and a Mogilny. My initial thought was Mogilny on the skate, Bure on the orca. But now I'm thinking Mogilny on the orca and a '96' Bure on the skate. What says the board?

20160630_232919.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, when I think of Bure, I think of him in the skate jersey.  Like the '94 overtime winner versus the Flames, or him wearing 96 is cool too.  I don't think we wore the orca very long because isn't that around the time he went to Florida?

3 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

For me, when I think of Bure, I think of him in the skate jersey.  Like the '94 overtime winner versus the Flames, or him wearing 96 is cool too.  I don't think we wore the orca very long because isn't that around the time he went to Florida?

Yep, he only wore the orca for its first year. 

That being said, even if it was only one year and even though it's only a replica, my navy orca Bure is sharp. 

Any suggestions for a Penguins powder blue? Bought this, no idea who I want to put on it yet

1467755217_zpsoaia2kso.jpg

I just landed a 2004 ASG Eastern Conference jersey. Lots of good names on that roster. Thoughts?

Also, since I just bought the authentic 25th anniversary patch necessary to properly customize it, buying a TI 05-07 Flames jersey from JB is in the near future. Who should I go with on that one?

3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just landed a 2004 ASG Eastern Conference jersey. Lots of good names on that roster. Thoughts?

Also, since I just bought the authentic 25th anniversary patch necessary to properly customize it, buying a TI 05-07 Flames jersey from JB is in the near future. Who should I go with on that one?

Kipper, Vezina year

6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Flames:

Chuck Kobasew, Matthew Lombardi, Jordan Leopold or #46 Mark Giordano. Not sure if David Moss wore it w the patch and #58, or if Brandon Prust wore it in that style.

Allstar:

Personally, as a nucks fan, I'd go Luongo. Niedermayer, Jagr or Brodeur would probably be the other way id go.

Edited by Sk3

I have been looking for one to make into a Brodeur for years so I would do that. 

I just won a Canucks Koho alternate. Someone convince me why I shouldn't put one of the Sedins on that one along with the other Sedin on my 03-04 vintage Canucks blue.

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just won a Canucks Koho alternate. Someone convince me why I shouldn't put one of the Sedins on that one along with the other Sedin on my 03-04 vintage Canucks blue.

56494520-ryan-kesler-of-the-vancouver-ca

#20 Ryan Kesler from his rookie season? Yes please.

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I've got a replica 2000 World skater jersey and an authentic 2002 World jersey on the way. There are far too many good choices for both. Help me!

I did Elias and Elias on mine of the same years. But I'm biased. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going to grab a Canucks home replica from the ice jerseys customization sale (unless someone can point me to a cheaper one)

looking for suggestions, mainly between Hutton #27, or Horvat #53, but if you can come up with a good argument for someone else, I'd love to hear it

Thanks to eBay and an off-eBay transaction from JB, I've got a Koho blue Islanders and a Koho blue Oilers (both replicas) and TI 6100 road Bruins and Flames. The Flames will be getting the 25th anniversary patch added. I'm leaning towards Kiprusoff or Iginla for the Flames, but I'm unsure about the other three. 

On 7/27/2016 at 4:02 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Thanks to eBay and an off-eBay transaction from JB, I've got a Koho blue Islanders and a Koho blue Oilers (both replicas) and TI 6100 road Bruins and Flames. The Flames will be getting the 25th anniversary patch added. I'm leaning towards Kiprusoff or Iginla for the Flames, but I'm unsure about the other three. 

For the Islanders, I would go Peca or Yashin myself.

For the Oilers, Doug Weight.