walzthewarrior

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just scored an 1987 Islanders Home Jersey. Here is who I'm debating between - all three are Hall of Famers:

1) Pat LaFontaine - Led the team with 47 goals and 92 points that year.  However, I have a Sabres LaFontaine jersey already.

2) Bryan Trottier  - 2nd on the team in points.  Winner of the Calder Memorial Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, Hart Memorial Trophy, Conn Smythe Trophy, and King Clancy Memorial Trophy. 500 goals scored in his 15 year career.

3) Denis Potvin - Last year in the NHL, 3 time Norris Trophy winner for best defenseman.

Who do you think?

I just picked up an Oilers 1.0 road and a 2000 North American All-Star skater. Any thoughts on those two? The pickings are kind of slim for the Oilers.

I'll definitely consider more than one suggestion for the ASG jersey since I have a replica of it as well.

14 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just picked up an Oilers 1.0 road and a 2000 North American All-Star skater. Any thoughts on those two? The pickings are kind of slim for the Oilers.

I'll definitely consider more than one suggestion for the ASG jersey since I have a replica of it as well.

Mine's a Scott Stevens. But that team was littered with Hall of Famers, so for a guy like you who seems to collect a little of everything, that'll be really difficult to decide:

I mean seriously: 

10 Tony Amonte RW Chicago Blackhawks
4 Rob Blake D Los Angeles Kings
77 Ray Bourque D Boston Bruins
30 Martin Brodeur G New Jersey Devils
24 Chris Chelios D Detroit Red Wings
37 Eric Desjardins D Philadelphia Flyers
23 Scott Gomez C New Jersey Devils
6 Phil Housley D Calgary Flames
31 Curtis Joseph G Toronto Maple Leafs
9 Paul Kariya LW Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
16 John LeClair LW Philadelphia Flyers
88 Eric Lindros C Philadelphia Flyers
2 Al MacInnis D St. Louis Blues
11 Mark Messier C Vancouver Canucks
27 Mike Modano C Dallas Stars
13 Owen Nolan RW San Jose Sharks
44 Chris Pronger D St. Louis Blues
8 Mark Recchi RW Philadelphia Flyers
35 Mike Richter G New York Rangers
97 Jeremy Roenick C Phoenix Coyotes
91 Joe Sakic C Colorado Avalanche
14 Brendan Shanahan LW Detroit Red Wings
3 Scott Stevens D New Jersey Devils
15 Ray Whitney LW Florida Panthers
19 Steve Yzerman C Detroit Red Wings

Now that is a fvcking All-Star team!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Dr_Puck

Fellow Flyers fans, I just snagged this CCM off of ShopGoodWill. I know the Flyers changed the width of the bottom black stripe at some point. Any ideas, based on these crappy photos, on the year? More than anything I'll assume that it's safe to do it up as a Hextall. Insight on getting the year right would be appreciated!

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/46699154

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Fellow Flyers fans, I just snagged this CCM off of ShopGoodWill. I know the Flyers changed the width of the bottom black stripe at some point. Any ideas, based on these crappy photos, on the year? More than anything I'll assume that it's safe to do it up as a Hextall. Insight on getting the year right would be appreciated!

Nobody "Wins" a Flyers jersey. 

Based on there being only a small size tag and no Maska tag in the neck area I would say that’s a 96-97 season jersey.

8 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

That style (with the big block and shield plus the center ice collection tagging) would date that between 1993-94 and 1995-96 inclusive

Prior to 1993-94 the hem was fatter and 1996-97 saw the switch to Nike

So Hextall would be a good choice there, he rejoined the Flyers in 1994-95

Nice steal there. You’ve got some good options. Hextall, Lindros, LeClair, Desjardins, Brind’amour. Based on your goalie-love, you’ll be good with Hextall, though. 

Guest Dr_Puck
37 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

That style (with the big block and shield plus the center ice collection tagging) would date that between 1993-94 and 1995-96 inclusive

Prior to 1993-94 the hem was fatter and 1996-97 saw the switch to Nike

So Hextall would be a good choice there, he rejoined the Flyers in 1994-95

Thanks for the help here, unlike TBG. I've been looking for a lower cost Hextall, so this does it. I don't think this will require much in the way of cleaning but with GoodWill one never knows. 

13 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Thanks for the help here, unlike TBG. I've been looking for a lower cost Hextall, so this does it. I don't think this will require much in the way of cleaning but with GoodWill one never knows. 

I’m not sure there’s not an item of clothing in any Goodwill anywhere in the country that I wouldn’t thoroughly disinfect before wearing it...

11 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

You're welcome, though TBG's comment was much funnier than mine ?

I give you comedic gold. 

On 12/17/2017 at 7:55 AM, HockeyMusic said:

Prior to 1993-94 the hem was fatter 

Can someone tell me how much of a difference there is in the hem stripe?  I have been looking for a Big Block CCM, but would like to find one that would be from the 1991-92 season.  Just want to know what to keep my eye out for comparing the fatter hem to the skinnier hem.

21 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Ugh. I have a thing for patches and would love to do mine up like your Hextall, Josh. I just can't bring myself to purposefully get it wrong. 

Well, the 75th patches are pretty easy to find. It’s the Flyers 25th that’s difficult. I stumbled upon one by accident. You could also look for the All Star patch they wore in the first half of the season. I think someone was selling one not too long ago. Just gotta be patient ?

Oh right.  Yeah. The hem needs to be fat. It’s like an extra inch thicker. If you even think for a minute it’ll bother you then trust me, don’t do it!

24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s like an extra inch thicker. If you even think for a minute it’ll bother you then trust me, don’t do it!

That’s what she said.

I'd go with Nylander, but Marner had himself a game today in that Arenas jersey so he'd be a tempting choice too