Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Thanks for the help. I think I will be getting a Lundqvist. This patch is a beauty: http://www.nhlpatches.info/patches/NYR/nyr_11messier.htm but from the picture provided it looks like it wouldn't be accurate on the liberty since it was only worn once. I've never sent away for customization before, any tips for proper customization or where would be best to send it? Could I send this and the Devils to one place? I looked through the Where to go thread but didn't see any feedback pertaining to this particular jersey. Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

You could always do a Callahan rookie jersey with the 43 and all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got in a current Hershey Bears home jersey with the vector logo that I got for a decent price. There are no other options but to put HOLTBY #1

• 2 weeks later...

All you guys blow me away with who you choose to put on your blanks..

I'm looking at:

-Hawks tbtc (Roenick most likely? Should I go down Dirkha ah Dirk Graham street?)

-Flames early 90's (Teach me how to Dougie?)

-Kings early 90's (#2 Zhitnik?)

-Canucks early 90's (#7 Ronning? or #18 Gino Odjick)

-Wild Green pre-edge RBK (Koivu #21? Stephane Veilleux lol?)

I'm looking at:

-Hawks tbtc (Roenick most likely? Should I go down Dirkha ah Dirk Graham street?)

-Hawks tbtc (I support Dirk Graham of the two, but would go with someone else haha)

-Flames early 90's (I'd go after something expensive if you paid per letter, like Nieuwendyk haha)

-Kings early 90's (Zhitnik if you want different, Id support the best at his position in NHL History in Robitaille)

-Canucks early 90's (Gino or Linden.)

-Wild Green pre-edge RBK (Koivu 21 personally, love the choice in obscurity though!)

I'm looking at:

Did Gino wear #18? I know he originally wore #66.

I still haven't been able to find a picture of him wearing #66 anywhere. He was a huge Lemieux fan which is why he chose that number. The league made him change it.

• 2 weeks later...

Boys if this was your jersey who would you put on it?

Here are some names that I have in mind but I can't make my mind up :wacko: :

- BROWN

- KOPITAR

- VOYNOV

- GAGNE

- KING

If you recommend me a player can you also tell me why you chose them? You don't have to but I would appreciate it if you would.

IMG_2581.jpg

Me personally...if I got a wordmarked jersey I wouldn't want anyone that was on the team prior to this year (I'd just get a 2.0 for someone who was on last year's team). Go with Voynov, kid is going to have a great career.

Brown. Wears a 58? Check. C patch? Check. Stanley Cup patch? Check. Heart of the team? Arguably. Second American to lift the Stanley Cup? Liking the odds. There is your answer :thumbsup:

Derian Hatcher was first American born captain to win the Cup...from my hometown (Sterling Heights, MI) :thumbsup:

s***...right. Forgot about that lol.

Either way, an American captain to lift Lord Stanley is pretty sweet.

Brown. Wears a 58? Check. C patch? Check. Stanley Cup patch? Check. Heart of the team? Arguably. Second American to lift the Stanley Cup? Liking the odds. There is your answer :thumbsup:

This is my number one pick so far...

I'd personally go with the set it on fire option (Diehard Canucks fan here)

In all seriousness, from watching the series, I'd say Voynov, guess you cant go wrong with brown though!

Kopitar.

Will (99.9% chance at this point) be the first Slovenian to win the Stanley Cup.

Customized as a SCF Kopitar would always conjure up memories of his OT winner in game 1.

And lastly, I think the Kings' 'A' looks cooler than their 'C'.

I really like Brown, but Kopitar is the offensive catalyst that drives the Kings.

Not so much "who to customize the jersey to" but "should I do this?"

I have twin XXL replica Wave era w/circle crest Isles jerseys. I also have 2 Dangle Wave kits (semi kiss-cut). I was going to put the kits on authentic Fisherman jerseys, but the Kasparaitis is off for an authentic IMO (Palffy could work, but I think it could be better). The issue of putting them on authentic Fishermans is I only have 1 legit 25th patch (the ones in the picture are repros) and they both are kiss-cut kits (Fisherman jerseys had a small fisherman crest in 95/96 and stacked twill, in 96/97 the fisherman patch grew in size and the Isles began to semi kiss-cut them and added the 25th patch and the circle crest jerseys). I do have an authentic blank blue circle crest wave that I could put the Palffy on and not put the 25th patch on (used in 97/98); however, I would need to remove the Bryan Berard autograph on the front. My other thought was to turn the white into a Palffy 1998 ASG skills competition jersey (with Slovakia patch -- which I have), but I would need to send it to EPS and pay $85 (which is crazy for a replica jersey IMO).

So in conclusion, do these look good to go (spacing wise/aesthetically)?

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks, just looking for opinions here. I want to customise my '91 home Sharks jersey but I can't decide which player of two to customise it with. I either want to make it a Pat Falloon so I can put on a 75th NHL Anniversary patch (love the look of them on the jersey) - OR - An Owen Nolan (with the assistant 'A') because he's one of my favourite players (plus he's a Tim from Belfast like my family). So what it do?

Nolan. Pointing the shot against Hasek in the all star game was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Nolan. Pointing the shot against Hasek in the all star game was one of the best things I've ever seen.

What he said. Nolan was a beast of a player in his prime. Size, speed, and he played the game the right way.

What he said. Nolan was a beast of a player in his prime. Size, speed, and he played the game the right way.

I was edging more towards Nolan, I think I just needed that extra push/incentive to go ahead with it. He was a true ambassador for the sport plus I love that he was born in Belfast - will make the jersey more personal to myself. Any patch recommendations folks?

I vote for Nolan over Falloon also. If I wanted to use the 75th NHL patch, Doug Wilson or Arturs Irbe would be awesome picks. I'm a huge fan of the 1994 team so I would go with either Makarov or Larionov.