walzthewarrior

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was Robitaille a Kings alternate captain in the 03-04 season? I can't find any game pictures that clearly show both the A and the Koho logo on the back.

Also, speaking of the Kings, are there any suggestions for a 99-00 Kings white jersey besides Rob Blake?

Yes, he was an alternate captain that year. You're going to have a hell of a time finding a photo of him that shows both the front and back of the jersey at the same time! :)

For 1999-2000, both Robitaille and Ziggy Palffy are some pretty big names.

While we are talking about the kings, did the Chevy style jerseys use nameplates, or were the names sewn directly to the jersey? I was thinking of doing a Robitaille jersey myself, just an earlier version.

Chevy style Kings jerseys used nameplates from 1988-91, then no nameplates starting in 1991/92.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/luc-robitaille-of-the-los-angeles-kings-is-congratulated-by-news-photo/2821603

Martin Straka only played for the Kings in 2003-04, so this photo with Luc must be from that season.

Yes, he was an alternate captain that year. You're going to have a hell of a time finding a photo of him that shows both the front and back of the jersey at the same time! :)

For 1999-2000, both Robitaille and Ziggy Palffy are some pretty big names.

Well, I've seen some slightly tilted profile shots that show both the front of the jersey and the yoke with the Reebok logo on it, like so:

nhl_g_robitalle_sy_400.jpg

However, I can't find any shots of the Koho jersey.

I don't want to go with Robitaille or Palffy for my other Kings jersey, as I would prefer not to duplicate names and Palffy is going on my Fisherman.

Not exactly a who to put on, but more of an autograph question. I just got a blank red New Jersey authentic from the devil store while I was at Prudential and was going to send it off to EPS to get customized and put Schneider on the back. However Im going to the ASG this weekend and Cory will be doing autographs, I was wondering whats the opinion on where to put an autograph on a jersey without numbers, the jersey would eventually be framed. I was thinking of getting it signed with silver sharpie on the back where the black ribbon is near the bottom.

Or on the fight strap twill

I like the fight strap idea if I was going to get an auto, which I would never plan on or pay for. But if I happened to somehow run into a guy while wearing his jersey, then yeah I'm probably going home with an auto'd fight strap.

I don't really collect autographs, but when I did, it'd be an 8x10 or a puck. Never just ran into someone and asked them to sign something. I'd rather just have the conversation and these days, since we all walk around with a camera, maybe a picture.

The fight strap makes sense in that it doesn't ruin the appearance of the jersey, but what's the point of having it signed at all if it's hidden on the inside?

The fight strap makes sense in that it doesn't ruin the appearance of the jersey, but what's the point of having it signed at all if it's hidden on the inside?

I don't really know... But I'd probably do it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 1990s Caps blue and a home/road CCM 92-96 Penguins pair. I'm not sure who to get on them. The only rule is that I won't do Lemieux on the Pens since he's on my Koho Robopen. I could go with the easy choice for one of the Pens and get Jagr, but I'm conflicted because I might also put Jagr on my Koho Caps.

I've got a 1990s Caps blue and a home/road CCM 92-96 Penguins pair. I'm not sure who to get on them. The only rule is that I won't do Lemieux on the Pens since he's on my Koho Robopen. I could go with the easy choice for one of the Pens and get Jagr, but I'm conflicted because I might also put Jagr on my Koho Caps.

Well if you do both Jagr, you get the dual benefit of starting a Jagr collection and making guam's head explode.

Jagr never wore the blue eagle jersey so that would be a foul.

Yes, I know, I meant that I was considering Jagr for one of the two Pens jerseys, but since my collection is still relatively small (is 40-50 jerseys considered small?) I'd like to avoid duplicating players if possible, and I'm strongly considering Jagr for my Koho Caps.

I have 2 Brodeur jersey retirement night patches. One of them is going on a Henrique, but I can't figure out what the 2nd one should go on. I'm thinking Schneider or a Greene warmup jersey, but I am also open to suggestions.