walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Who should I get on a current Rockford IceHogs?

Ryan Hartman or Marko Dano

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be swinging by CSL in about an hour to drop off a home Hawks jersey. Still unsure who to go with. Thinking of going with Kruger and the double deuces. Or the Captain even though I have him on an alternate black.

i would say TT, but I would be about a week late on that one - might want to avoid Crawford as rumors are circling him too.  Kruger would be nice, but I don't know what number he is going to be next year.  Is he going back to #16 since Ladd is probably gone again, or will he stick with #22?  I would go with one of the core players, or a Panarin would be cool too.  That is my next one that I am going to put on last year's Stadium Series.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:36 PM, mfitz804 said:

It's now irrelevant, as Nike replicas always seem to be too short on me, and I never learn my lesson, but this one again is too short and I will be re-selling it.

Balls.

I've noticed the same thing. : /

On 6/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, Dr_Puck said:

I have a camp worn Penguins jersey that was worn by a number 30 (Pat Killeen). It shouldn't take too much effort to turn it into a Murray, right? I was even thinking about picking up a final patch too. (Of course I will disclose everything if I flip it.) Just want to get a sense of how much work I am looking at here.

Are you sure the sweater is one of a style that Murray actually wore? When was Killeen at camp?

7 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

i would say TT, but I would be about a week late on that one - might want to avoid Crawford as rumors are circling him too.  Kruger would be nice, but I don't know what number he is going to be next year.  Is he going back to #16 since Ladd is probably gone again, or will he stick with #22?  I would go with one of the core players, or a Panarin would be cool too.  That is my next one that I am going to put on last year's Stadium Series.

Yeah Crawford does have a no trade clause in his contract I believe. I do have a  good portion of the core already minus Keith which I plan on adding to a 2014 stadium series, and really am not a fan of Kane. Have a bread man home too, was thinking of an Anisimov to complement him but heard rumors about a trade with him too. First world problems for sure haha 

Just now, TheKevinShow said:

The Anisimov rumors are solely about a possible trade for Malkin which isn't happening.

I heard talk of the potential Malkin trade on the radio today. Under contract until 2021, I can't imagine what it would take to obtain him. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I heard talk of the potential Malkin trade on the radio today. Under contract until 2021, I can't imagine what it would take to obtain him. 

Far too much. Our problem isn't forwards. Malkin would definitely help but he's not where the Hawks need help. You can't win a Cup with only three serviceable defenders, especially when one flies off the handle and gets himself suspended, resulting in the Hawks losing the first game of that series, a game which they probably would have won if Keith wasn't suspended. The Hawks need to figure out their cap room and get themselves another defenseman. Keith, Seabs and Hjammer are good, but when your options after them are TVR, Roszival and Rundblad, it's just not going to happen.

Alright, I've got a two-part challenge.

My next shipment to EPS will be going out soon. I need to narrow it down to three jerseys and I need to figure out who to put on some of them. They're all replicas and the choices are as follows:

• 2002-04 Kings black (Robitaille)
  • 1990s Devils red w/ 1995 SCF patch (TBD)
  • 2000-04 Bruins black (TBD)
  • 2000-04 Canadiens white (TBD)
  • 2000-04 Wild white w/ 2004 ASG patch (TBD)
  • 2001-03 Coyotes white (Amonte)

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Alright, I've got a two-part challenge.

My next shipment to EPS will be going out soon. I need to narrow it down to three jerseys and I need to figure out who to put on some of them. They're all replicas and the choices are as follows:

• 2002-04 Kings black (Robitaille)
  • 1990s Devils red w/ 1995 SCF patch (TBD)
  • 2000-04 Bruins black (TBD)
  • 2000-04 Canadiens white (TBD)
  • 2000-04 Wild white w/ 2004 ASG patch (TBD)
  • 2001-03 Coyotes white (Amonte)

Thoughts?

Will speak only to that which I know.

1995 Devils should be included.  You can choose a ton of different guys. Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer to start, but I have been on a Niedermayer kick lately. Plus, its the best value for your money because its the most letters.

:)

So, uh, my plans of Larsson on one of my 2.0s is now scrapped. If only the Devils got a young star in return that I could get on it instead...

4 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

So, uh, my plans of Larsson on one of my 2.0s is now scrapped. If only the Devils got a young star in return that I could get on it instead...

I hate the Internet and not being able to sense if this is sarcastic or not haha

100% sarcasm.

I need to know what number Hall is going to wear, dammit.

17 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

100% sarcasm.

I need to know what number Hall is going to wear, dammit.

I guess the only thing for sure is it ain't gonna be #4. 

7 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Anyone in NJ wearing #44?

That could be one option

Miles Wood, who probably won't make the team.

Doc, Only because of the danger of someone down the line misrepresenting that Penguins jersey as a gameworn Matt Murray, I would leave it alone. If it were mint, or team-issued, I wouldn't see a problem with it, but Murray is now a Stanley Cup champion, that jersey has wear, and there are several people in this hobby who don't research first and then misrepresent a jersey as a gamer when they go to sell it. Then, if you correct them, they fly off the handle and call you a liar who has no idea what you're talking about. You've seen several of them on Facebook. I know your intentions are good, but just don't do it. 

As for accuracy, you'd need to cover the vector with a wordmark. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

Yeah, that's a concern. I'm thinking about the potential misunderstanding if I moved it. I would keep the camp patch and the LOA. I would not be inclined to sell it at all. However, it would be an easy way to take a meh jersey and turn it into something cool.

You'd also have to cover the vector with a wordmark. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

On 6/28/2016 at 10:33 AM, mfitz804 said:

Will speak only to that which I know.

1995 Devils should be included.  You can choose a ton of different guys. Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer to start, but I have been on a Niedermayer kick lately. Plus, its the best value for your money because its the most letters.

:)

Yeah, I was kind of leaning towards Niedermayer, but I wasn't absolutely sure.

At this point, I think I've settled on the Kings, Devils and Coyotes jerseys since I have 2/3 names decided. It's really too bad that EPS didn't do the Spring Sale this year since my Fisherman is right in the middle of those six jerseys chronologically and I'm trying my best to get them customized in the order I received them.