walzthewarrior

Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

1,703 posts in this topic

Kreider or Zuccarello?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRFanDB said:

Kreider or Zuccarello?

Zuccarello

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zucc.

Hoping he gets an A this season and if he makes the All-Star game then you could possibly add the ASG skills patch later on

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just scored an 1987 Islanders Home Jersey. Here is who I'm debating between - all three are Hall of Famers:

1) Pat LaFontaine - Led the team with 47 goals and 92 points that year.  However, I have a Sabres LaFontaine jersey already.

2) Bryan Trottier  - 2nd on the team in points.  Winner of the Calder Memorial Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, Hart Memorial Trophy, Conn Smythe Trophy, and King Clancy Memorial Trophy. 500 goals scored in his 15 year career.

3) Denis Potvin - Last year in the NHL, 3 time Norris Trophy winner for best defenseman.

Who do you think?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up an Oilers 1.0 road and a 2000 North American All-Star skater. Any thoughts on those two? The pickings are kind of slim for the Oilers.

I'll definitely consider more than one suggestion for the ASG jersey since I have a replica of it as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just picked up an Oilers 1.0 road and a 2000 North American All-Star skater. Any thoughts on those two? The pickings are kind of slim for the Oilers.

I'll definitely consider more than one suggestion for the ASG jersey since I have a replica of it as well.

Mine's a Scott Stevens. But that team was littered with Hall of Famers, so for a guy like you who seems to collect a little of everything, that'll be really difficult to decide:

I mean seriously: 

10 Tony Amonte RW Chicago Blackhawks
4 Rob Blake D Los Angeles Kings
77 Ray Bourque D Boston Bruins
30 Martin Brodeur G New Jersey Devils
24 Chris Chelios D Detroit Red Wings
37 Eric Desjardins D Philadelphia Flyers
23 Scott Gomez C New Jersey Devils
6 Phil Housley D Calgary Flames
31 Curtis Joseph G Toronto Maple Leafs
9 Paul Kariya LW Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
16 John LeClair LW Philadelphia Flyers
88 Eric Lindros C Philadelphia Flyers
2 Al MacInnis D St. Louis Blues
11 Mark Messier C Vancouver Canucks
27 Mike Modano C Dallas Stars
13 Owen Nolan RW San Jose Sharks
44 Chris Pronger D St. Louis Blues
8 Mark Recchi RW Philadelphia Flyers
35 Mike Richter G New York Rangers
97 Jeremy Roenick C Phoenix Coyotes
91 Joe Sakic C Colorado Avalanche
14 Brendan Shanahan LW Detroit Red Wings
3 Scott Stevens D New Jersey Devils
15 Ray Whitney LW Florida Panthers
19 Steve Yzerman C Detroit Red Wings

 

Now that is a fvcking All-Star team!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fellow Flyers fans, I just snagged this CCM off of ShopGoodWill. I know the Flyers changed the width of the bottom black stripe at some point. Any ideas, based on these crappy photos, on the year? More than anything I'll assume that it's safe to do it up as a Hextall. Insight on getting the year right would be appreciated!

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/46699154

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Fellow Flyers fans, I just snagged this CCM off of ShopGoodWill. I know the Flyers changed the width of the bottom black stripe at some point. Any ideas, based on these crappy photos, on the year? More than anything I'll assume that it's safe to do it up as a Hextall. Insight on getting the year right would be appreciated!

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/46699154

Nobody "Wins" a Flyers jersey. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on there being only a small size tag and no Maska tag in the neck area I would say that’s a 96-97 season jersey.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Fellow Flyers fans, I just snagged this CCM off of ShopGoodWill. I know the Flyers changed the width of the bottom black stripe at some point. Any ideas, based on these crappy photos, on the year? More than anything I'll assume that it's safe to do it up as a Hextall. Insight on getting the year right would be appreciated!

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/46699154

That style (with the big block and shield plus the center ice collection tagging) would date that between 1993-94 and 1995-96 inclusive

Prior to 1993-94 the hem was fatter and 1996-97 saw the switch to Nike

So Hextall would be a good choice there, he rejoined the Flyers in 1994-95

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice steal there. You’ve got some good options. Hextall, Lindros, LeClair, Desjardins, Brind’amour. Based on your goalie-love, you’ll be good with Hextall, though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

That style (with the big block and shield plus the center ice collection tagging) would date that between 1993-94 and 1995-96 inclusive

Prior to 1993-94 the hem was fatter and 1996-97 saw the switch to Nike

So Hextall would be a good choice there, he rejoined the Flyers in 1994-95

Thanks for the help here, unlike TBG. I've been looking for a lower cost Hextall, so this does it. I don't think this will require much in the way of cleaning but with GoodWill one never knows. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're welcome, though TBG's comment was much funnier than mine 😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Thanks for the help here, unlike TBG. I've been looking for a lower cost Hextall, so this does it. I don't think this will require much in the way of cleaning but with GoodWill one never knows. 

I’m not sure there’s not an item of clothing in any Goodwill anywhere in the country that I wouldn’t thoroughly disinfect before wearing it...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

You're welcome, though TBG's comment was much funnier than mine 😉

I give you comedic gold. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 7:55 AM, HockeyMusic said:

That style (with the big block and shield plus the center ice collection tagging) would date that between 1993-94 and 1995-96 inclusive

Prior to 1993-94 the hem was fatter 

Can someone tell me how much of a difference there is in the hem stripe?  I have been looking for a Big Block CCM, but would like to find one that would be from the 1991-92 season.  Just want to know what to keep my eye out for comparing the fatter hem to the skinnier hem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. I have a thing for patches and would love to do mine up like your Hextall, Josh. I just can't bring myself to purposefully get it wrong. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Ugh. I have a thing for patches and would love to do mine up like your Hextall, Josh. I just can't bring myself to purposefully get it wrong. 

Well, the 75th patches are pretty easy to find. It’s the Flyers 25th that’s difficult. I stumbled upon one by accident. You could also look for the All Star patch they wore in the first half of the season. I think someone was selling one not too long ago. Just gotta be patient 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just that the hem will be "off." That's what, a two or three inch difference based on the year? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right.  Yeah. The hem needs to be fat. It’s like an extra inch thicker. If you even think for a minute it’ll bother you then trust me, don’t do it!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s like an extra inch thicker. If you even think for a minute it’ll bother you then trust me, don’t do it!

That’s what she said.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s what she said.

You need new material. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

You need new material. 

Don’t blame me, blame her!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now