Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

If it were up to me, I'd go with "Isles Suck" and "Flyers Suck" ... good thing it's not up to me :P

Could always go with Martin Biron on both :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could always go with Martin Biron on both :)

Very true..

Seriously:

Isles: Make it a Haley 59 or MacDonald 43 (rookie w/lower case ac) or Macdonald 47 w/A (all upper case)

Flyers: Hatcher, Forsberg, Carter, Richards

Opinions on customizing these two most recents.

Isles 3rd Sz 54 Edge 2.0 (Team Issue from MeiGray)

Flyers Sz 56 RBK 6100 (Team Issue from MeiGray)

I'd go with Grabner on the Isles jersey... or Tavares.

And Richards, Forsberg, or Roenick on the Flyers.

Josh Bailey on the Islanders

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

I am really hoping he is traded. He still isnt signed and I honestly think that a Bailey jersey is a waste of money and a beautiful jersey

Why not try Rick DiPietro? I mean he signed for the next decade!

Seriously:

-Nielsen and Tavares (both have 1 year left, both should be signed for a long time)

-Streit and Hamonic (2)

-Moulson and Macdonald(3)

-Grabner and Okposo (5)

The serious players will be the ones I consider. Next year, I am getting Tavares, Macdonald, and Hamonic

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

I am really hoping he is traded. He still isnt signed and I honestly think that a Bailey jersey is a waste of money and a beautiful jersey

Why not try Rick DiPietro? I mean he signed for the next decade!

Seriously:

-Nielsen and Tavares (both have 1 year left, both should be signed for a long time)

-Streit and Hamonic (2)

-Moulson and Macdonald(3)

-Grabner and Okposo (5)

The serious players will be the ones I consider. Next year, I am getting Tavares, Macdonald, and Hamonic

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Josh Bailey and the New York Islanders. If it wasn't for him, and Garth Snow's lunacy Cody Hodgson would not have become a Vancouver Canuck.

I remember that draft I was uttering death threats at the TV when Snow was up at #9. I FULLY expected him to pick Hodgson. Though I should say that I was uttering death threats to all general managers after pick number 6 when Hodgson was (miraculously) still available.

That was the worst draft in recent years lol. Haha..I am glad you enjoyed that! I thought we were going to get Schenn (or Filatov...glad that didnt happen)! But no, Snow trades the pick for nothing and does the same thing again. Should have taken Tyler Myers if he was picking that far back. I think Bailey would have been much better off staying in Juniors the extra year. The Isles really ruined his development and really hopes everything with him works out in the future. He is one of the nicest Isles now.

For the Isles, I'm leaning towards a Grabner or Okposo. The Flyers I'm still at a loss with. What years exactly did they wear the Reebok 6100 with the RBK Vector on the back of the neck? I may even wait on that one and sell it seeing as how it's too big for me. But then again, it was $50 and don't know if I could find a 54 for anywhere close to that. Thanks for the suggestions!

For the Isles, I'm leaning towards a Grabner or Okposo. The Flyers I'm still at a loss with. What years exactly did they wear the Reebok 6100 with the RBK Vector on the back of the neck? I may even wait on that one and sell it seeing as how it's too big for me. But then again, it was $50 and don't know if I could find a 54 for anywhere close to that. Thanks for the suggestions!

Id go with Gagne or Hatcher on that Flyers. They were worn in the 05-06 and 06-07 season.

As for finding a 54, I believe that 54's were only available to players so if you would like that size, it would have to be a team issue, much like your 56. So most likely, it will be easier to find a 52.

I'm not sure when the Preds went to the SubliStitch, but they did use kiss cut before going sublimated.

2097984730055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's what I know...the Spiders had a huge number of players who had both their first initial and the last name on the nameplate. From piecing together Youtube clips, I've found the following players did in fact have this.

WITH FIRST INITIAL - John Purves, Andy Rymsha, Dale Craigwell, Robin Bawa, Ian Boyce, Greg Bullock, Mario Doyon, Francois Groleau, Alain Cote, Jeff Madill, Brent Bilodeau, Christian Proulx, Normand Rochefort, Rod Langway

WITHOUT FIRST INITIAL - Scott McCrory, David Maley, Ed Courtenay, Stephane Beauregard, Corrado Micalef

STILL UNKNOWN - Dave Pasin, Dan Vincelette, Pat Ferschweiler, Kelly Hurd, Darcy Martini, Mario Nobili, Mike Lalor, Jay Murphy, Martin St. Amour, Sandis Ozolinsh, Jon Gustafson, Link Gaetz, Patrick Deraspe

NUMBERS NEEDED - Pat Ferschweiler, Darcy Martini, Jay Murphy, Martin St. Amour, Sandis Ozolinsh, Jon Gustafson

CAPTAIN AND ALTERNATES - David Maley (captain), Normand Rochefort and Ian Boyce (alternates)

I've also seen that there was no rhyme or reason to the famous tie-dyed nameplates; the players who I could see in those videos all lacked the first initial, including a couple on the first list.

So basically, I'm stumped as to what to do here.

Just picked up my 2nd Authentic CCM Ultrafil Blackhawks size 52 tbtc barberpole in as many weeks. This one has terribly inaccurate customization. My first I got Larmer. I already have a 1992 home Cup Finals Roenick and road Cup Finals Graham. Figure Belfour is the best way to go (thinking of coverage of past customization)?

^ How much do the outlines of the old numbers show up? If it's bad, go for whatever covers it best.

I've got a 95-96 Bruins jersey with a '96 all star patch, and I'm debating between Bourque and Neely. If it makes a difference, it was previously customized (inaccurately, unfortunately) with Neely.

I'm thinking Gilmour with the A on front...

2274203580107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

any chance that Gilmour ever wore the captains C while in Montreal?

I looked on Getty's web site and didn't find those pictures. I've never seen one with the red jersey and the Captain's C so I'll probably just go with the A.

Not a particularly big fan of any of the three, I'd make it a Bure or a Courtnall, personally, but out of those I'd personally pick Dave Babych, even if he had an ugly moustache. :mellow: I have bad memories of Jyrki Lumme from his short stint at the end of his career with Toronto, though he was very good with the Canucks. :lol:

Edited by coure_azzurro

Got a Courtnall being made up, and Babych's stache was/is beautiful :P

I just don't dig moustaches in general, to be honest. :ninja: Good player though and had a very long career, so the best choice for me personally. :thumbsup:

Go Gino!

1) The number 29 is a great number

2) He kicks Arse

3) He scared the hell out of me when I was 7ish by showing me and a couple of other people how his fake teeth worked.

Here's what I know...the Spiders had a huge number of players who had both their first initial and the last name on the nameplate. From piecing together Youtube clips, I've found the following players did in fact have this.

So from that roster of anonymous players you have the choice of Hall of Famer Rod Langway and don't know what to do?? :unsure:

I think what you should do is sell me the jersey.

WITH FIRST INITIAL - John Purves, Andy Rymsha, Dale Craigwell, Robin Bawa, Ian Boyce, Greg Bullock, Mario Doyon, Francois Groleau, Alain Cote, Jeff Madill, Brent Bilodeau, Christian Proulx, Normand Rochefort, Rod Langway

WITHOUT FIRST INITIAL - Scott McCrory, David Maley, Ed Courtenay, Stephane Beauregard, Corrado Micalef

STILL UNKNOWN - Dave Pasin, Dan Vincelette, Pat Ferschweiler, Kelly Hurd, Darcy Martini, Mario Nobili, Mike Lalor, Jay Murphy, Martin St. Amour, Sandis Ozolinsh, Jon Gustafson, Link Gaetz, Patrick Deraspe

NUMBERS NEEDED - Pat Ferschweiler, Darcy Martini, Jay Murphy, Martin St. Amour, Sandis Ozolinsh, Jon Gustafson

CAPTAIN AND ALTERNATES - David Maley (captain), Normand Rochefort and Ian Boyce (alternates)

I've also seen that there was no rhyme or reason to the famous tie-dyed nameplates; the players who I could see in those videos all lacked the first initial, including a couple on the first list.

<_<

since you're having such i hard time deciding, i'll help you out (from the goodness of my heart) and save you the trama... sell it to me and rid yourself of all the worrying and i'll be the one that struggles with finding a name for it.

it's the LEAST i can do!

:thumbsup: