College hockey going "swift"

ZoomZoom18

"Developed by Nike's Advanced Innovation Team -- the same forward-thinking group that unleashed the Nike Swift Suit for track and field, the Nike Swift Skin for speedskating and contributed to Lance Armstrong's unprecedented seven Tour de France victories -- the Nike Swift Hockey Jersey delivers unmatched performance without sacrificing an ounce of hockey heritage."

Without sacrificing an ounce of hockey heritage?? I wondered what ever happened to the Iraqi Information Minister. I guess he got the PR job at Nike.

AwayJersey-s.jpgMaineSwift.jpg

This could be the greatest difference between what is cool and good and right with a hockey jersey and what is stupid, ugly and wrong with a Swift jersey.

The classic Maine jersey is an icon of college hockey and needs no improvement. To throw that away for a bland template jersey that looks no more than a practice jersey with some unexplainable stripey things here and there is a crime. :angry:

JeffB

Wow...that Maine jersey is a travesty. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want to mess with something that has worked for so long now. The NHL jersey is probably the pinnacle of sports attire. Don't change it.

"Developed by Nike's Advanced Innovation Team -- the same forward-thinking group that unleashed the Nike Swift Suit for track and field, the Nike Swift Skin for speedskating and contributed to Lance Armstrong's unprecedented seven Tour de France victories -- the Nike Swift Hockey Jersey delivers unmatched performance without sacrificing an ounce of hockey heritage."

Without sacrificing an ounce of hockey heritage?? I wondered what ever happened to the Iraqi Information Minister. I guess he got the PR job at Nike.

JeffB

I have a feeling he's got a job at Reebok too...

Nike has done a bad job in their jersey designs for the most part in every sport. In college football, Oregon is one of the laughing stocks every year because of the looks of their jerseys (they are a decent team) and Nike designs them every year.

Nike can stay involved in the equipment market, but needs to get out of the jersey market.

Nike has done a bad job in their jersey designs for the most part in every sport. In college football, Oregon is one of the laughing stocks every year because of the looks of their jerseys (they are a decent team) and Nike designs them every year.

Nike can stay involved in the equipment market, but needs to get out of the jersey market.

I don't know wheter to laugh or cry at those Oregon football jerseys. Actually, what they really do is make me angry they're so bad.

We just rant about them all the time on another board I'm on.

Nike's Headquarters are near Beaverton, OR which is just outside of Portland. Knight is an Oregon alum, and he does donate a lot of money to the University of Oregon, including $40 million to the expansion of the Colleges football stadium. Oregon was one of the first schools to sign a contract with Nike that allows them to design the jerseys of the team.

Nike's Headquarters are near Beaverton, OR which is just outside of Portland. Knight is an Oregon alum, and he does donate a lot of money to the University of Oregon, including $40 million to the expansion of the Colleges football stadium. Oregon was one of the first schools to sign a contract with Nike that allows them to design the jerseys of the team.

I thought that was the case, just couldn't remember. I knew he was from up in the pacific northwest, just wasn't sure where.

I absolutely hate the Swift jerseys. I love their shoes and will ONLY wear those, but they flipped their lids with jerseys they created in other sports, like the college football ones with the horizontal line in the back of the jersey (U of Miami and U of Arizona come to mind) and of course, the OREGON abomination. I wish they'd stick to exercise apparel and footwear.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more of he new look NCAA jerseys

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...update_0513.htm

Villa

AwayJersey-s.jpgMaineSwift.jpg

This could be the greatest difference between what is cool and good and right with a hockey jersey and what is stupid, ugly and wrong with a Swift jersey.

The classic Maine jersey is an icon of college hockey and needs no improvement. To throw that away for a bland template jersey that looks no more than a practice jersey with some unexplainable stripey things here and there is a crime. :angry:

JeffB

A few more of he new look NCAA jerseys

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...update_0513.htm

Villa

FYI... this was just a test run for Nike for College Swifts, which would explain the minimal design. If/when the schools choose to go the Swift route, there will likely be much more interesting and unique designs for each school.

FYI... this was just a test run for Nike for College Swifts, which would explain the minimal design. If/when the schools choose to go the Swift route, there will likely be much more interesting and unique designs for each school.

hers a link to Denver U playing w/ their new Swift jersey

http://goaliestore.com/board/showthread.ph...5648#post895648

• 4 weeks later...
hers a link to Denver U playing w/ their new Swift jersey

http://goaliestore.com/board/showthread.ph...5648#post895648

Man, why do they have to mess with the jerseys like this. I'll admit, the NHL new jersey isn't as bad as I first thought but the Denver and the Maine jerseys on this board look terrible. Some traditions should be maintained and I think the sweater that has been around for awhile should not be tampered with.

Man, why do they have to mess with the jerseys like this. I'll admit, the NHL new jersey isn't as bad as I first thought but the Denver and the Maine jerseys on this board look terrible. Some traditions should be maintained and I think the sweater that has been around for awhile should not be tampered with.

Really wish they would just leave them alone.

• 3 years later...

JeffB

To be fair Maine had worn the bear logo jersey as a third jersey before Nike turned it into a Swift jersey. In fact they wore it in the 2004 National Semifinal.