• Web
    • Television
    • Radio
    • Satellite Radio
    • Local Newspaper
    • HockeyNews Magazine
    • All of the Above
    • i rely on the streets
  2. 2. Who has better NHL coverage on Satellite radio?

• XM
    • Sirius
  3. 3. Which major Sports network has the best NHL Coverage?

• TSN
    • Sportsnet
    • Versus
    • ESPN
    • CBC
    • RDS
    • FOX SPORTS

Alright guys and gals im going to do a little market research..hope you dont mind being lab rats in this experiment.

As the NHL has begun remarketing itself with its new "MY NHL" campaign im curious how we all consume,acquire and get our NHL info.

Let me know what you all think.

Villavelocity

Television, Sirius and TSN offer me the most. However, I also get hockey form CBC and Sportsnet on occasions.

I get my hockey fix from television and nhl.com for the most part. I pick up the hockey news once in a while, but it's hard to find around here and I can't afford magazine subscriptions. I like to go to as many games as I can each year but most of the time, I only get to go when I can get tickets through work/associates. I'll buy tickets to 3-4 games a year total - I wish the budget allowed for more. As for which network provides the best hockey coverage for me - versus is the only one around. The commentary is horrid most of the time, but it's the only channel I get hockey on besides MSG, occasionaly.

I get most of my hockey fix from television (TSN, RDS, CBC and Sportsnet). Some other ways I catch hockey are the radio as well as the internet. The ticket prices for the Habs are hard to get, not to mention high in price and it's also ###### expensive for the food & drinks...who wants to pay $9.25 for a cup of beer?! I can buy a whole six pack for that price and watch it in high definition at home!

I get most of my hockey fix from television (TSN, RDS, CBC and Sportsnet). Some other ways I catch hockey are the radio as well as the internet. The ticket prices for the Habs are hard to get, not to mention high in price and it's also ###### expensive for the food & drinks...who wants to pay $9.25 for a cup of beer?! I can buy a whole six pack for that price and watch it in high definition at home!

I'm with you - just look at my post above - I would absolutely love to be a season ticket holder, for any team in the NHL (I just love hockey - I'll watch any game, even if I have no interest in either team, plus there's at least one player on each team that I like), but it's just so expensive to attend even a single game that it's just not possible for me right now. Sadly, I doubt it ever will be. At least it's just my wife and I now, I used to have to pay for the kids too, and you may or may not know how that is, but they wanted everything. Hot dogs, popcorn, ice cream, sodas, a hat, a foam finger, a program, a puck, cotton candy, french fries. With three kids it was killer, but what could I do? I couldn't not take my kids to the games. They all played from the time they were about five and on and they weren't going to take kindly to being left with a babysitter while my wife and I were at a game!

I rely on television and Hockey News. Mind you when the seaosn rolls around my videogames come out so that gets me fired up. Loving NHL 07 on my Xbox 360.

Hah. I hadn't even seen this response before. I love the game. My kids got me into NHL games when they were a bit younger, and we still play tournaments when the family gets together for holidays and such. My oldest son introduced me to this game shortly after it came out and got me hooked. The use of an analog stick as a hockey stick was brilliant. I liked it so much I actually bought an xbox 360. I don't play any other video games! The game is addictive though, and a great stress reliever for me. I love it.

Living in Idaho it is difficult to rely on the TV for my news as ESPN doesn't have the greatest coverage anymore and the Avalanche no longer are on a network offered in my area. I have to use the internet for almost all of my coverage. I used to have a subscription to the Hockey News, but all the information contained in it, I could find online. So as a whole the internet is my source for hockey information.

I rely on the internet for most of the hockey info I can get. I used to religiously watch nhl2night on espn2 when they had that. I have digital cable, so I don't get any of the Canadian networks and if it wasn't for the NHL Center Ice package, I would barely see any hockey on TV at all. I do listen to games via NHL.com a lot while I'm at work. ESPN, FoxSports, etc. don't do justice to the NHL highlights, that is, if they even decide to put off the latest Terrell Owens antics for a few minutes.