Tim Thomas Bumps Hasek

Thelonious Sphere Monk

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/tim-thomas-saves-best-for-last-with-record-setting-performance-in-home-finale.html

Tim Thomas for Vezina and MVP!

He will be in the run for League MVP now. If Boston and Thomas can out last Vancouver and Lou in the playoffs I don't see why he shouldn't win a heart this year also.

35-11-9 GAA 2.00 SV% .938 SO 9... unreal!

The Heart is voted for before the playoffs start. I think all the awards other than the Conn Smyth are already voted on....I know all the media I follow on Twitter have had their ballots for a while now anyway considering they talk about them all the time.

The Heart is voted for before the playoffs start.

I bet he still has a shot but I think someone like Sedin or Perry will get it. I still think his Vezina is in the bag already.

Perry is a team player and a great natural talent. I will give him my vote next to Thomas.

Vezina is guaranteed. If Boston would have at least finished first in the conference then he'd be a real contender for the hart but I think Sedin has it locked up.

It's funny how people were quick to jump on the Tuukka bandwagon this time last season. Now it's looking like the second Vezina in three years for Thomas. Get those goalie cut jerseys while you can! (And maybe I should take my own advice :doh: )

Kesler behind Perry for Hart or for Selke? There should be no debate if its for Hart.

I'm one of those guys that thinks goalies should stay out of the Hart talks, so my three are Daniel Sedin, Corey Perry, and Marty St. Louis. In that order.

Corey Perry has to win the Hart. He basically put the Ducks on his shoulders for the majority of the year and took them all the way to home ice. Oh and not to mention he's the ONLY 50-goal scorer in the league. Perry hands-down.

Corey Perry has to win the Hart. He basically put the Ducks on his shoulders for the majority of the year and took them all the way to home ice. Oh and not to mention he's the ONLY 50-goal scorer in the league. Perry hands-down.

Daniel Sedin is the only 100 point scorer. Although I won't be surprised if Perry wins.

There is no way perry should lose the hart. Perry carried the ducks through injuries to hiller( team MVP before vertigo symptoms) and Ryan getzlaf. It seemed like he scored every crucial goal to keep us in and win games, and its almost true. 25 of his 50 goals were either game tying or go ahead goals. Clutch.

Without perry keeping this patchy season together we would have probably seen us rebuild our team

There is an award for most goals, and an award for most points. MVP should be for the best overall player/game. Some guy who puts up big time points/goals and plays the hard minutes killing penalties and being a team go to guy. Perry, then Kesler.

Yes we will give Thomas the hart because he looked like the mvp against the Rangers. :thumbsup:. Seriously, Perry gets a vote here. He carried that team in a tough conference and why Sedin wouldnt get it beause without him there still a playoff team and still one of the better teams in the league (also has another player, Kesler who deserves a finalist nomination as well which hurts him too).

BTW Lundqvist had more shutouts, wins and plays with a by far more anemic offensive team and save % and GAA isnt light years behind.

Daniel Sedin: +30

Corey Perry: +9

Daniel Sedin: 16 minor penalties

Corey Perry: 37 minor penalties

Yes, I realize this one is an obscure-ish stat, but I'm just pointing out how often he puts his team shorthanded or takes them off the powerplay. 37 minors is tied for 2nd most amongst forwards. In the entire league.

The +/- stat is a subjective stat, sure. But on the other hand, playing on a better team shouldn't be a knock against a player. At the end of the day, this is still a team game. And lets not kid ourselves here, had Perry missed 10 or 15 games instead of Getzlaf or Selanne, thats still a playoff calibre, scary offensive team. The Ducks arent exactly Florida guys

Yeah, Perry may be a power forward, but I agree with DaNoobie that those penalties can hurt a team. Plus Sedin is just F(&^*** awesome. As his twin. That may be subjective, but I'm right you are all wrong.

If you look at perrys overall pim of course it's obscure. But he only had 30 pim from January 2nd till the last game of the season. Sedin has had 20 since that date. Not as rediculous. Perry had very high pim in games earlier in the year but really stopped taking bad penalties the second half of the year. And also he was arguably our best penalty killer.

honestly I'd like to see Sedin take it just because it will be the first ever 1-2 in ANY sport.....right?

Plus, Vancouver took a lot of shots for drafting them originally and I personally love seeing how amazing they've become.

ah but see, Hart is awarded over the course of the regular season. Post season play has no bearings on this award, neither can before xyz date or after xy date be factored out. I think you hit one of the points as to why Perry can be considered a more complete player in that he kills penalties though.

Just too play Devil's advocate here(never me!) I have to say it.

Dominik Hašek was awarded the heart in 97' and 98' BOTH years he broke the SP% record back to back. Mind you he played 72 games in 97' with 13 shutouts and a GAA of 2.09 that's a different story BUT!..... in 1998 he was 30-18-14 with a GAA of 1.87 and 9 so's with the old SV% record of .937.

So that would mean Thomas has Hašek beat in the win's and SV% category and tied in shutouts. Take in to account the shoot-out yayaya ,but its a better year IMO. Why not another Heart?

Just tossing that one out there.

Just too play Devil's advocate here(never me!) I have to say it.

Dominik Hašek was awarded the heart in 97' and 98' BOTH years he broke the SP% record back to back. Mind you he played 72 games in 97' with 13 shutouts and a GAA of 2.09 that's a different story BUT!..... in 1998 he was 30-18-14 with a GAA of 1.87 and 9 so's with the old SV% record of .937.

So that would mean Thomas has Hašek beat in the win's and SV% category and tied in shutouts. Take in to account the shoot-out yayaya ,but its a better year IMO. Why not another Heart?

Just tossing that one out there.

Just a question though, who were the Hart candidates in 1998? I can't seem to be able to find it