The Winnipeg Coyotes??

If the Coyotes went back to Winnipeg and the league decided to just contract the Thrashers and Panthers, it COULD work. Here's an example:

Wales Conference

Adams Division

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Carolina Hurricanes

Columbus Blue Jackets

Ottawa Senators

Montreal Canadiens

Toronto Maple Leafs

Patrick Division

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

Tampa Bay Lightning

Washington Capitals

Campbell Conference

Norris Division

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Minnesota Wild

Nashville Predators

St. Louis Blues

Smythe Division

Anaheim Ducks

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks

Vancouver Canucks

Winnipeg Jets

I gotta say...that looks pretty friggin good. Seven teams per division and it kinda brings back some of the old charm that the league used to have. I like the idea of having the Stars, Wings and Avs all in the same division. Same goes for the Oilers, Flames, Canucks and Jets. Also, how effin awesome would it be to have the classic Patrick Division lineup back???? Oh man, they need to do this ASAP!! Bring back the divisional playoff system too to bring back some of those fierce rivalries!

If the Thrasher move to Winnipeg, that'll imbalance the Eastern and Western Conferences.

Personally I'd love it if that meant Columbus could move to the East. However, I think it'd be more likely that Nashville just move over and take Atlanta's spot in the SE division.

Nashville doesn't want to move. Columbus actually has inquired about moving to the East, which is fine with me.

Just move a F(&^*** team to Winnipeg already so that this drama can stop and the NHL will stop losing money.

Coyotes will be staying in Phoenix for the time being. City of Glendale just voted to fork out 25m to the NHL to keep the team in Phoenix for the 2011/2012 season. City of Glendale did this so they have additional time to make a deal happen with Hulsizer. Glendale would not have done this if they felt like they couldnt get a deal done. My gut tells me that the Yotes will be in Phoenix for a while.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys.... but I am THRILLED!

Coyotes will be staying in Phoenix for the time being. City of Glendale just voted to fork out 25m to the NHL to keep the team in Phoenix for the 2011/2012 season. City of Glendale did this so they have additional time to make a deal happen with Hulsizer. Glendale would not have done this if they felt like they couldnt get a deal done. My gut tells me that the Yotes will be in Phoenix for a while.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys.... but I am THRILLED!

I'm not disappointed Haz, I am actually happy the league is going to keep the team there for at least another year. Personally I am sick and tired of this nonsense about whether the Coyotes are staying or leaving. I would rather just see a decision made! So good for the 'Yotes if they stay in Glendale. I have NO problem with that.

I'm not disappointed Haz, I am actually happy the league is going to keep the team there for at least another year. Personally I am sick and tired of this nonsense about whether the Coyotes are staying or leaving. I would rather just see a decision made! So good for the 'Yotes if they stay in Glendale. I have NO problem with that.

I know Sluggermatt, you've been pretty supportive through the drama out here. I dont think anyone likes seeing a fan base lose their team, but I guess Im a little beaten down with alot of the talk from other fans about how badly they want the Coyotes out of Phoenix. The comment section in the local newspapers and alot of the trolls coming to the Coyotes boards have got ALOT of the true fans on the defensive.

You have been very positive towards the team staying in town, and I do appreciate it.

And Im with you on the frustration about whether they are leaving or staying. Its been a roller coaster ride for the last 2 years, and it seems the direction the talks are going change every 2 weeks or so. I feel beaten down at this point and I wish I could just turn off the tv and ignore the news. But, much like a bad car wreck, its hard to turn away. :)

I'm glad that you guys in AZ will have hockey to watch next season Haz, and I hope it's just a short term thing while they conclude a deal, but it's really tying DM's hands on the signings front, Tippett called it a "competitive disadvantage", they both seemed sure it'd be resolved one way or the other this summer; that doesn't appear likely. So do we just get another year of being a bargain bin shopper, struggling to hold onto our UFAs like Bryz, and then they move them anyway next summer? There's talk now that Hulsizer may be backing out, Reinsdorf may be back in, doesn't suggest it'll be done this side of October to me.

Like I say, I'm honestly glad you'll still be able to go to the Job and watch them and I hope that continues for many years, but, from a selfish point of view, I don't see how the team improves at all, as our series with the Wings shows we need to, under the continuing setup.

I'm glad that you guys in AZ will have hockey to watch next season Haz, and I hope it's just a short term thing while they conclude a deal, but it's really tying DM's hands on the signings front, Tippett called it a "competitive disadvantage", they both seemed sure it'd be resolved one way or the other this summer; that doesn't appear likely. So do we just get another year of being a bargain bin shopper, struggling to hold onto our UFAs like Bryz, and then they move them anyway next summer? There's talk now that Hulsizer may be backing out, Reinsdorf may be back in, doesn't suggest it'll be done this side of October to me.

Like I say, I'm honestly glad you'll still be able to go to the Job and watch them and I hope that continues for many years, but, from a selfish point of view, I don't see how the team improves at all, as our series with the Wings shows we need to, under the continuing setup.

You are right on all points. The Coyotes should not be a playoff team next season if FA goes as expected. Jovo is likely to not give a hometown discount, so he is expected to be gone. Coyotes had a chance to resign Bryz, but he refuses to play in Winnipeg, and since that is still a possibility, the Coyotes chances of keeping him in Phoenix are slim. Ive heard that Bryz is also exploring playing in the KHL next season. Im cringing at the thought of Jason LaBarbara being the starter in net next season. And as you mentioned, DM's hands are tied and will probably only bring in guys who really wanna play in Phx, because he certainly wont be able to outbid many teams.

Needless to say, there are alot of question marks for the Coyotes next season on and off the ice.

Hazzard, for you and all Coyotes' fans, I am happy your team is safe for now, and hope there is a good long term solution. As someone who has gone through losing teams in the NHL, IHL, AHL, and NFL, I know that feeling, and it isn't fun.

Hazzard, for you and all Coyotes' fans, I am happy your team is safe for now, and hope there is a good long term solution. As someone who has gone through losing teams in the NHL, IHL, AHL, and NFL, I know that feeling, and it isn't fun.

Thanks Rab, Ive lost a couple teams myself (ECHL & PCL), but with either of those I never lost the amount of sleep that the Coyotes have caused me. Seems like the Cleveland area has been hit pretty hard over the years with stuff like that. I still scratch my head over the Browns move years ago.

I know Sluggermatt, you've been pretty supportive through the drama out here. I dont think anyone likes seeing a fan base lose their team, but I guess Im a little beaten down with alot of the talk from other fans about how badly they want the Coyotes out of Phoenix. The comment section in the local newspapers and alot of the trolls coming to the Coyotes boards have got ALOT of the true fans on the defensive.

You have been very positive towards the team staying in town, and I do appreciate it.

And Im with you on the frustration about whether they are leaving or staying. Its been a roller coaster ride for the last 2 years, and it seems the direction the talks are going change every 2 weeks or so. I feel beaten down at this point and I wish I could just turn off the tv and ignore the news. But, much like a bad car wreck, its hard to turn away. :)

Thanks Haz! :thumbsup: I do sort of feel your pain about relocation, but several years past. If you remember the Penguins were being talked about in relocation to Kansas City. There was a lot of speculation in Pitt if they were actually going to leave. As it turned out, it was a big SCAM by the Penguins owners, which I was pretty upset about. <_< The relocation talk was just for the team to get a new arena. Lemieux and Co. came out and said they NEVER were going to move the team in the first place. Rather they talked just to get the city to help fund the new Consol Center. :rolleyes:

I bet Phoenix will try and make a splash in free agency. They had the 2nd lowest payroll last year at around $30 million. So they have a lot of cap space. But they really have to start drawing better. Like you pointed out, this is the PRIME of their existence where they are playing well, and if they can't draw, then obviously there is something wrong. There should be some goalies on the market this summer that will be there for the taking.

I bet Phoenix will try and make a splash in free agency. They had the 2nd lowest payroll last year at around $30 million. So they have a lot of cap space. But they really have to start drawing better. Like you pointed out, this is the PRIME of their existence where they are playing well, and if they can't draw, then obviously there is something wrong. There should be some goalies on the market this summer that will be there for the taking.

Man I hope your right. Im still holding out a slim bit of hope that Bryz comes back. Reality is that without Bryz the past 2 seasons, the Yotes arent in the playoffs. He has stolen so many games the past couple years that his talent alone has covered up alot of the offensive/talent problems the Coyotes have been dealing with since Tkachuk and Roenick left.

If the Coyotes cant put Bryz-like talent in net, then the decline starts again. Fortunately (I guess), the majority of people in the arena right now are the die hards, so attendance shouldnt get much worse. The problem is that it wont get better either. Phoenix is a bandwagon town like no other, and the non-native Arizonans wont turn out to watch their 2nd favorite team if they arnt a winner (see: AZ Diamondbacks). The Coyotes need to overachieve again in 2011/12 in order to keep the casual fans that sold out the arena in March and April, and a playoff run past the 1st round wouldnt hurt either :stickhndl:

Man I hope your right. Im still holding out a slim bit of hope that Bryz comes back. Reality is that without Bryz the past 2 seasons, the Yotes arent in the playoffs. He has stolen so many games the past couple years that his talent alone has covered up alot of the offensive/talent problems the Coyotes have been dealing with since Tkachuk and Roenick left.

If the Coyotes cant put Bryz-like talent in net, then the decline starts again. Fortunately (I guess), the majority of people in the arena right now are the die hards, so attendance shouldnt get much worse. The problem is that it wont get better either. Phoenix is a bandwagon town like no other, and the non-native Arizonans wont turn out to watch their 2nd favorite team if they arnt a winner (see: AZ Diamondbacks). The Coyotes need to overachieve again in 2011/12 in order to keep the casual fans that sold out the arena in March and April, and a playoff run past the 1st round wouldnt hurt either :stickhndl:

Would definitely agree that Bryz has made EXCEPTIONAL plays to keep the Coyotes in games. You are right, if not for him, they don't win some close games. I think it would be kind of sad to see him go. No way that LaBarbera is the starter next you, I can say that with some confidence. Even if Phoenix gets a reasonable replacement, they'll be better off than with LaBarbera as the starter. Like you mentioned, several other players may depart, so I have a feeling management will try and replace the goaltending as the #1 priority.

If the 'Yotes keep playing well next season and for the next few, I don't see why they won't increase their attendance, or even make more $. Some of it may have to do with them not making a deep run in the playoffs. Had they beaten Detroit last year, they definitely sell out in the 2nd round. IMO all it may take is a run to the Conference Finals or to the Cup before the 'Yotes start drawing fans to the gates more consistently.

Would definitely agree that Bryz has made EXCEPTIONAL plays to keep the Coyotes in games. You are right, if not for him, they don't win some close games. I think it would be kind of sad to see him go. No way that LaBarbera is the starter next you, I can say that with some confidence. Even if Phoenix gets a reasonable replacement, they'll be better off than with LaBarbera as the starter. Like you mentioned, several other players may depart, so I have a feeling management will try and replace the goaltending as the #1 priority.

If the 'Yotes keep playing well next season and for the next few, I don't see why they won't increase their attendance, or even make more $. Some of it may have to do with them not making a deep run in the playoffs. Had they beaten Detroit last year, they definitely sell out in the 2nd round. IMO all it may take is a run to the Conference Finals or to the Cup before the 'Yotes start drawing fans to the gates more consistently.

Im thinking we wont see any kind of jump in attendance until the management issue is worked out. Maybe when people around here know the Coyotes will be here for the next 40 years they'll feel more comfortable getting emotionally and financially vested in the team. Until then, Im guessing the casuals will sit and wait to see what happens, or just spend their money at Suns games. Lets hope that gets worked out quickly.

And then, like you said, a nice run through the playoffs may be just enough to get the bandwagon filled up. :thumbsup: