Canadians Experiencing Shipping Delays???

chow_hound

Just wondering for my fellow canadians if they have been experiencing any delays in mail (jerseys) coming from the US?

I have a jersey in transit that shipped March 9th from another board member in Florida... However here we are April 14th and NOTHING. The tracking does not update as it was shipped with USPS Priority Mail International.

I tried finding out if Canada Customs has a delay right now, but couldn't get any info.

Anyone else experiencing any long delays???

I realize this is more of a mail related question however the content of the mail is of the utmost importance :stickhndl:

Mods feel free to relocate post if this doesn't fit here.

Very much so. Customs is insane. I ordered 2 jerseys and 2 pairs of socks from hockeymonkey.com. They arrived to Canada Customs on March 20th and only got released today (hopefully I'll receive them tomorrow). Either Customs is backlogged or they're just a bunch of lazy government agents. I've heard stories of long waits and stories of people getting their stuff pretty quickly so really it just seems like Customs just wants to take their sweet time. Sometimes they don't even check them either delayed or quick. Its pretty ridiculous.

I'm in the U.S. and I sold a jersey to someone in Canada and it took almost a month for her to get it. I had tracking on it and it sat in customs for about 3 weeks.

I had a jersey sent from a fellow board member on Saturday. Sent from the USA to just outside Toronto. It was in customs for about 4 hours and was delivered yesterday. It was shipped USPS Express Mail but I dont think the shipping method has anything to do with the customs wait

I had a jersey sent from a fellow board member on Saturday. Sent from the USA to just outside Toronto. It was in customs for about 4 hours and was delivered yesterday. It was shipped USPS Express Mail but I dont think the shipping method has anything to do with the customs wait

usually best thing to do is put a low value and just mark clothing on it,, i never have a prob, custom releases it right away

The problem are facing is why I always ship with a tracking and insurance it may cost more but in the end it protects me and the buyer as people know when you buy something from me it may take a few days due to customs (we all have no in there ) but it arrives .

I had same problem. Seller shipped me a Raiders jersey March 21, (from Greensville NC)

I receieved it (Ontario) on April 15th. Almost a month!

Yet I had other items sent from California after April 5th that I recieved before the 14th!

The jersey was declaired at $200 I believe but sent as a gift. Not sure if it moved faster because of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Today marks day 50...

Currently where it stands. The jersey was part of a trade, and I am now still waiting for it to arrive, which i'm assuming will never happen...

Feel kind of screwed right now considering I shipped Expresspost tracked and insured for my part of the trade and that jersey arrived 10 days after it was shipped, and the one that was coming my way and has gone missing is below...

Label/Receipt Number: LC19 2798 839U S

Class: First-Class Mail International

Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 7:06 pm on March 09, 2011 in TAMPA, FL 33618. No further information is available for this item.

Anybody EVER experienced anything like this at all??? I have some grim feeling it was lost, and now i'm F'd...

Update:

Today marks day 50...

Currently where it stands. The jersey was part of a trade, and I am now still waiting for it to arrive, which i'm assuming will never happen...

Feel kind of screwed right now considering I shipped Expresspost tracked and insured for my part of the trade and that jersey arrived 10 days after it was shipped, and the one that was coming my way and has gone missing is below...

Label/Receipt Number: LC19 2798 839U S

Class: First-Class Mail International

Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 7:06 pm on March 09, 2011 in TAMPA, FL 33618. No further information is available for this item.

Anybody EVER experienced anything like this at all??? I have some grim feeling it was lost, and now i'm F'd...

Well not US to Canada, but I had a package that came from Bowmanville Ontario to Moncton New Brunswick (15 hour drive) and that took two weeks...I'm also waiting on a package from a board member that was shipped Tuesday from around the same region to here via Expedited and it's marked as just processed. I don't have hopes it will show up before next week...I think Canada post is just has horrible service right now :( Although I did have a jersey show up from the states (New Jersey) that was shipped on the 12th on the 26th