Rockford Icehogs Edge 2.0 Transition?

I know this is probably a difficult question to answer but here goes:

When did the Rockford Icehogs transition from Edge 1.0 to Edge 2.0 jerseys and was it a phased transition or was there a firm date?

Of particular interest is the 2007-2008 (WWW patch) season 1.0 / 2.0 / Or Both?

I am working on Customization options for a recently acquired 2.0…

Thanks in advance for any help.

I know this is probably a difficult question to answer but here goes:

When did the Rockford Icehogs transition from Edge 1.0 to Edge 2.0 jerseys and was it a phased transition or was there a firm date?

Of particular interest is the 2007-2008 (WWW patch) season 1.0 / 2.0 / Or Both?

I am working on Customization options for a recently acquired 2.0…

Thanks in advance for any help.

WWW patch was worn during the first year of Edge jerseys (Edge 1) in 07-08. I can only assume that they switched to EDGE 2 the same way all the other teams did... I think players can still request an Edge 1 jersey if they wish, no? BTW, were you the one who bought the white Icehogs size 60 2.0 on ebay?

WWW patch was worn during the first year of Edge jerseys (Edge 1) in 07-08. I can only assume that they switched to EDGE 2 the same way all the other teams did... I think players can still request an Edge 1 jersey if they wish, no? BTW, were you the one who bought the white Icehogs size 60 2.0 on ebay?

That would be my guess but I'm not totally sure I've ever seen a game worn from 07/08 that was a 2.0. I know the Hawks switched over halfway through that year (I have 3 gamers from that year all 2.0).

BTW if your'e going for total accuracy let me know where you find a Pepsi patch, been looking for one to complete mine.

Hawks Win and I have been talking about this in some PM's. I also have an Edge 2.0 Icehogs. Mine is customized with Crawford and if they used 2.0 jersey's in 07-08 I'd love to add the www patch to it. Also - if you go 07-08 with the jersey, it is a different Pepsi patch - the present ones are more vertical, and the older ones are more horizontal. I've actually seen some Pepsi patches for sale that are like the 07-08 patch but with a blue background instead of the white one we would need. (In fact, there is one on Ebay right now.) I've never seen a Pepsi patch like the present one except on those jerseys. So I actually have a little more hope we could find some like the 07-08 ones.

I contacted the team a while back and they had little to no interest in selling me one, complete opposite of the Moose people who were going to give me everything they had in stock..lol.

If we go with adding the older style Pepsi patch, I'm hopeful of finding them somewhere. Here is a picture of a gameworn, and a patch I have found. The colors are reversed, obviously, but if this one is commercially available maybe the other is as well...

Icehoggs2007-2008.jpg

pepsireversed.jpg

Thanks guys….yes gwarjis, guilty as charged on the white size 60 off ebay.

As mentioned, schulzmc and I were hoping the team moved to 2.0’s during that 07/08 season. It would expand the customization options for me.

The PEPSI patches (either style) are tough to come by, I may try to make one up (Jeff B’s instructions); at least until I can find a real/accurate one.

I was thinking of making one myself this summer if I could find time to do it. If you decide to take up the project please make a couple, I would gladly buy one or two off of you. Does anybody have a gamer that can measure the size of that patch, and did they move to the big square patches for just this recent season? I have a Hogs hammer jersey that I'd like to get done up in the 07/08 style but finding an authentic WWW patch is hard (I sold the one I had doh).

count me in the club looking for a Pepsi patch, older style. if you end up making some I'll buy a few for sure.

cjerina, that would be terrific. Please let me know if it is the older Horizontal or newer more vertical one...either way I'll need dimensions of the other one from somebody.

I am working on the graphics part today..pulling different elements off the web. The compositional perspective dimensions are pretty easy (using blown up images of the jerseys available)...so I have everything in the right place.

I'll just need the overall dimensions of each patch. Then comes the part I am not familiar with, making the patches them selves...we'll see how it goes.

As I recall, many teams that did switch to 2.0 did so around/after Christmas 2007. Some did it earlier, and some did it with the second set of jerseys for the season. When the Icehogs played in Cleveland in early December, I'm pretty sure they had 1.0's, I sit very close to the ice near where the opponents warm up before the game. The red jerseys teams, like Rockford, Quad City, and the LEM (when they wore the roads at home), really showed the sweat. By the second half of the season, many teams had switched, and the darker jerseys did not change color as much. I wish I could tell you for fact that the Icehogs switched during the 07-08 season, but I can't. However, Reebok only produced what was worn on the ice for the AHL, not the way that they make 1.0 for retail and 2.0 for game play with the NHL. Chances are good that they probably did use the 2.0 that season. And you may never find a blank 1.0.

Thanks to RABINSURANCE, that's really good information, we appreciate it.

Also, thanks to CJERINA, who sent me a hi resolution scan of the patch (from a gamer) and the dimensions...FYI it is the OLD - horizontal Patch...we are good to go forward on that bad boy.

So, I am still looking for dimensions and, if possible, a high resolution image of the NEW - verticle Patch (worn 09/10 and 10/11).

And we are hoping to get some type of confirmation if they wore the 2.0's during the 08/09 season.

Also, thanks to CJERINA, who sent me a hi resolution scan of the patch (from a gamer) and the dimensions...FYI it is the OLD - horizontal Patch...we are good to go forward on that bad boy.

So, I am still looking for dimensions and, if possible, a high resolution image of the NEW - verticle Patch (worn 09/10 and 10/11).

And we are hoping to get some type of confirmation if they wore the 2.0's during the 08/09 season.

For 08-09, it was 2.0. Meigray has 2.0 gamers in stock right now.

I'm in for a Pepsi patch as well. BTW - I asked the seller of the gameworn pictured above if it is 1.0 or 2.0 and the reply was "I don't know..."

Based on how the arms look I'd almost say 100% that's a 1.0.

cjerina, that would be terrific. Please let me know if it is the older Horizontal or newer more vertical one...either way I'll need dimensions of the other one from somebody.

I am working on the graphics part today..pulling different elements off the web. The compositional perspective dimensions are pretty easy (using blown up images of the jerseys available)...so I have everything in the right place.

I'll just need the overall dimensions of each patch. Then comes the part I am not familiar with, making the patches them selves...we'll see how it goes.

I'll need to check out jeff's tutorial but I may be able to help with the printing portion of this come summer time. If somebody can get it done quicker tho I'm sure more would like that.

I bought my blank 1.0 from River City..not sure what they have left in stock. Just from looking around I'd be willing to bet that they never wore anything but 1.0 for all of 07/08.

I bought my blank 1.0 from River City..not sure what they have left in stock. Just from looking around I'd be willing to bet that they never wore anything but 1.0 for all of 07/08.

They are selling 1.0 Lake Erie jerseys and they switched during the 07-08 season.

They are selling 1.0 Lake Erie jerseys and they switched during the 07-08 season.

Yeah I wasn't trying to say that there's a relation, but I do know all the gameworns I've seen from 07/08 are 1.0's. Some being photo's it's hard to say for sure but there's a pretty big difference with the way the arms look between the two.

Yeah I wasn't trying to say that there's a relation, but I do know all the gameworns I've seen from 07/08 are 1.0's. Some being photo's it's hard to say for sure but there's a pretty big difference with the way the arms look between the two.

Well, we know that all teams wore the 1.0 to start the 07-8 season. From what I've been told, AHL teams use two sets of home and aways for each season. In 07-08, I believe all the set # 1 jerseys went to the Meigray program, and set # 2 the teams could keep to auction or give away as needed. You are right, there so far has been no visual proof of 2.0 07-08 jerseys for Rockford. However, I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up sometime.

As for the RCS sale, I was told that there were a lot of AHL authentics made after the switch. Remember, when a team switches on ice from 1.0 to 2.0, that's all that RBK makes, unlike the 1.0-for-retail NHL policy. I think I was one of the first on this board to have bought a 2.0 off the rack back in 2008. Most likely RCS bought that old 1.0 inventory, plus anything like the defunct Chops jerseys and teams that changed designs. The LEM design they are selling wasn't used after the 08-09 season.

• 2 weeks later...

what are the dimensions on the horizontal patch?

• 1 year later...

I live in the Rockford area, and did not see any 2.0 jerseys for sale until the 08-09 season. As for the pepsi patch. Exclusive Pro Sports does all the lettering for the Ice Hogs since they came into existence in 1999. Their website is www.exclusivepro.com. That would be your best bet at finding a pepsi patch.