It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Time to start a new thread for pickups. Post your new arrivals!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as nice as tb246's 9/11 Messier in the old thread, but I'm very pleased with this...

911_biron_f_sm.jpg911_biron_b_sm.jpg

Bought it on eBay so I don't know if it's a stripped crest re-lettered or what. It looks to be a team-issue jersey, due to size (60 goalie cut) and neck tagging.

In keeping with the patriotic theme ...

2002_usa_richter_f_sm.jpg2002_usa_richter_b_sm.jpg

First person to spot the flaw gets a gold star.

Nice jerseys. :thumbsup: As for the Team USA jersey I want to guess the IIHF patch is a repro or

Agreed.

I believe I was told the fonts are off on the USA as well, which is why I didn't go after it.

Correct - the 5's should be squared off. I bid on it before I noticed then ended up winning. I may get the 5's fixed some day but I've got bigger projects to focus on in the meantime.

I think the patch is legit but I could be wrong.

Matt...I have an Aaron Miller USA in my collection that I believe is a game issue from the same era as the Richter. Compare away. I got in on eBay a few years ago and the seller had no paperwork for it. I have no clue why someone would customize an Aaron Miller with all of the game specs, including the size he wore, so I assume it was made for him to wear to wear in the tournament.

th_AaronMiller2004WCOH.jpg th_AaronMiller2004WCOHBack.jpg th_AaronMiller2004WCOHIIHFPatch.jpg

th_AaronMiller2004WCOHNameplateLeft.jpg th_AaronMiller2004WCOHNameplateRight.jpg th_AaronMiller2004WCOHNeckTagging.jpg

The name fonts are wrong. The Richter one looks wider. And then obviously the thing with the 5's. Both are easily fixable though so it's not THAT big a deal. Is the plate pressed onto the back or is it loose?

Jay I think yours is a USA team jersey because it has the players association tag in the collar. My Scott Young Olympic gamer has the same one in the same spot so that seems like a good sign.

The whole kit isn't quite right. Richter's name should be more condensed. The inner box of the R's should be a tall rectangle. The back numbers look too bold, but the sleeve numbers aren't bold enough.

Getty Images

And to think, I thought people would be commenting on the 9/11 Biron instead of the flawed Richter :P

Just to be on the first page, this is my graduation present to myself :D (Starter factory customized NWT)

Ak, nice Sabres jersey :thumbsup:

IMG_5151.jpg

Nice Jeremy...you obviously know how i feel about those haha

Thanks! You will get one, one day. Keep your head up and eyes open :thumbsup:

That is my only Starter jersey. It doesn't have the double elbows, but everything is sewn on!

Very nice pickups all. F(&^*** love that Biron. The crest is wrong, thus its clearly garbage! I'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

Very nice pickups all. F(&^*** love that Biron. The crest is wrong, thus its clearly garbage! I'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

Lol, patronizer.

Something about that Schneider looks wonky to me, maybe the 2?

Lol, patronizer.

Something about that Schneider looks wonky to me, maybe the 2?

It should be further down. It is not glacer twill either, but I can live with it. It is a 15 year old jersey new with tags. The sleeve numbers are placed correctly though.

Just to be on the first page, this is my graduation present to myself :D (Starter factory customized NWT)

Ak, nice Sabres jersey :thumbsup:

IMG_5151.jpg

The two is definitely off.

Disengage:

Great video...I never knew Schneider wore the C! Does this mean I can add a C to the jersey?

Anyone else remember that Isles goal horn? Brought back memories!

First person to spot the flaw gets a gold star.

And to think, I thought people would be commenting on the 9/11 Biron instead of the flawed Richter :P

That's what you get get by starting everything with the quote above! :D

By the way...your Marty Biron is fantastic!

The name fonts are wrong. The Richter one looks wider. And then obviously the thing with the 5's. Both are easily fixable though so it's not THAT big a deal. Is the plate pressed onto the back or is it loose?

Jay I think yours is a USA team jersey because it has the players association tag in the collar. My Scott Young Olympic gamer has the same one in the same spot so that seems like a good sign.

Mike...Thanks for the details. That's great to know and helps me feel even better about my jersey. It's also nice that players with Avalanche ties at one point were well represented on that 2004 WCOH USA roster as well.

Well, the Young one I have is from the Salt Lake Olympics but yes; still the same scenario. Gotta love the old Nords guys!

Scotty actually didn't play on that World Cup team. His SLC one has the MeiGray tags inside BUT I'm not sure if they would have done jerseys for an event like the World Cup so that could...COULD explain the lack of their tags inside. You also said that your name isn't sewn down, right? Only heat-pressed? That's DEFINITELY an on-ice IIHF-trait and lends further credibility to yours being legit.

You also said that your name isn't sewn down, right? Only heat-pressed? That's DEFINITELY an on-ice IIHF-trait and lends further credibility to yours being legit.

Heat pressed name on the plate. I like everything about this jersey being what we think it is.

AaronMiller2004WCOHNameplateLeft.jpg