It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good choice! He was drafted out of Sweden's 3rd tier league, which has been referred to as a glorified beer league by some. Pretty interesting story.

Here is a 1989 & 1990 Team Canada Steve Yzerman jersey worn in the World Championships both years. The original ones are dyesublimated, but I got this one blank and had EPS do the lettering. The work is great, as all the open boxes of the drop shadow allow the jersey fabric to show through, resulting in all sorts of thin lines of twill which are all sewn on both sides and all straight as an arrow, which must have been difficult work to keep straight.

It's also the featured jersey on the second anniversary of my blog, where we document Yzerman's international career.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/1989-team-canada-steve-yzerman-jersey.html

2035121680100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2321807610100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Just got this one in the mail. 03-04 Tyler Wright Game Worn Set 3. No big team repairs on this one but there are a couple of small holes and a lot of marks on it.

Wright2003-2004Set3GameWornFront.jpg

Wright2003-2004Set3GameWornBack.jpg

Wright2003-2004Set3GameWornSetTag.jpg

Did the Isles ever wear Starter for the fisherman jerseys?

I dont know if Ive ever seen a Starter authentic but I have seen replicas.

Did the Isles ever wear Starter for the fisherman jerseys?

Not authentic, but replicas were made by CCM and Starter

The other 2 that I mentioned I picked up recently.

Authentic Starter New York Rangers Liberty Jersey. I have two in size 48, and if anybody has a 52 that they'd want to trade I'd like to trade.

IMG_6059.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

Authentic Starter New York Rangers Away Jersey. Also size 48, and I would trade for a size 52 if anybody has one they want to trade.

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6062.jpg

Naturally I love the Yzerman :thumbsup:

Love the Starter mesh Rangers - nice pickups.

Just be careful if you trade for a 52 navy Liberty, as that particular style/size seems to be one that is often mis-sized (I have one that's closer to a 56 than a 52 in actual size). Just ask for measurements and you'll be good.

Thanks, and will do. I have that white one in a 52 now so I'll take measurements of that one on the weekend and use them to compare. I'm actually looking for suggestions on who to put on the royal blue one. I'm trying to avoid the core four on every jersey. I'm leaning towards Beukeboom or Kovalev or somebody like that. Thoughts anybody?

i would had mentioned nedved or dvorak but they never wore the starter navy liberty one (nedved wore the white one).

uh worng

I have an authentic starter!!!

So the Islanders only wore CCM's on the ice, but both Starter and CCM made authentics for retail.

The Liberty one I actually have plans for, it's the other one that I want to make into some other player.

Wade Redden. Plus, the resident Rangers' fans will be impressed with your individuality since he never wore it. It'll really stand out.

Wade Redden. Plus, the resident Rangers' fans will be impressed with your individuality since he never wore it. It'll really stand out.

Haha thanks for the idea, but I think I'll pass.

So the Islanders only wore CCM's on the ice, but both Starter and CCM made authentics for retail.

Agreed

Also another fun fact of the fisherman jersey is that there are actually two size crests

the larger crest was first used in 95-96 and then they transitioned to the smaller crest in 96-97 many have theorized it was because players said it restricted movement.

i actually play hockey with a retail authentic with the large crest and i think that is completely untrue but what do i know i dont play hockey for millions.

The gamers were all ccms

Here is a 1989 & 1990 Team Canada Steve Yzerman jersey worn in the World Championships both years. The original ones are dyesublimated, but I got this one blank and had EPS do the lettering. The work is great, as all the open boxes of the drop shadow allow the jersey fabric to show through, resulting in all sorts of thin lines of twill which are all sewn on both sides and all straight as an arrow, which must have been difficult work to keep straight.

It's also the featured jersey on the second anniversary of my blog, where we document Yzerman's international career.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/1989-team-canada-steve-yzerman-jersey.html

SWEETNESS!! :thumbsup:

Agreed

Also another fun fact of the fisherman jersey is that there are actually two size crests

the larger crest was first used in 95-96 and then they transitioned to the smaller crest in 96-97 many have theorized it was because players said it restricted movement.

i actually play hockey with a retail authentic with the large crest and i think that is completely untrue but what do i know i dont play hockey for millions.

The gamers were all ccms

You play in those jerseys!!?!?!?!?

Another fun fact is that the Isles used stacked twill in 95-96 and then for the following season used kiss-cut :thumbsup:

uh worng

I have an authentic starter!!!

Please post a picture of that. I've never seen a Starter authentic for a team that they did not supply on-ice jerseys for.

Had this one arrive today. Big thanks go to Slimcutta for putting me in contact with the seller :thumbsup:.

2143249400105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2251109080105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Anyways, I never understood why but a lot of these older Leafs jerseys had the older ccm logo with the nhl shield which was never used on the game jerseys. It was either only the old ccm logo and no shield (pre 1990) or newer ccm logo with the shield (90-92). This jersey had the old ccm logo with the shield so I took the newer logo that I saved from a jersey I butchered for nameplates and sewed it over the older logo to make this a true 90-91 jersey. All I need to do now is find a ballard patch and add an A to the front.