Premier Jerseys Fall apart easily?

Hitman84

And what I mean by falling apart is, will the crest, specifically fray and the stitching lift without much effort in the wash? My premier Home Bruins Jersey has seen the washer twice at the very most, following exact instructions on the inside tag and the stitching around the edges of the crest are all lifting and some of it inside. I was thinking about taking it to Custom Crafted for customization but not sure it's worth it now. Might just go up there with my WC or premier 3rd alt I picked up.

Edited by Hitman84

This is one of the reasons many of us are still upset about the RBK Edge switch.

The replicas are cheap and have screened patches. Nothing like the good ole CCM 550 replicas.

This is one of the reasons many of us are still upset about the RBK Edge switch.

The replicas are cheap and have screened patches. Nothing like the good ole CCM 550 replicas.

Very true. The EDGE replicas are NO WHERE NEAR the quality of the old CCM 550s. Not only are the shoulder patches screened, but the quality of the jersey material SUCKS, in my opinion. Personally man, I would suggest trying to avoid the premiers. I know that may be difficult, but if you search thoroughly on ebay and utilize the "Trading Post" on this forum, you may be able to land some decent deals on EDGE authentics, depending who you deal with.

you can buy edge authentics for most teams from rcs for $150, at that price no reason to ever buy those garbage premiers

just stinks if they dont have your team or size available

I have a few premieres that have gone through quite a few washes and are fine. I like premieres to be honest, aside from the crappy patches. I just stopped buying them because you people made me want authentics haha.

I was skeptical about the quality of the premier's when I ordered my Leafs alternate. I haven't had any problems with it. I will wear it when I skate outside on the ponds. While I was on ebay, I was looking for a cheap jersey to wear for playing hockey. I found a Colorado Avalanche XXL premier for $30. I had nothing to lose, and I bought with the full intent on beating the crap out of it. I have played in that jersey for a year and it is holding up very well. It has been washed at least 30 times. It has stick marks, puck marks, pulls, everything. The only problem I have with it is the shoulder patches are starting to fade, but that is it.

Yea, shoulder patches will fade. Especially silver, I've noticed.

That's why I had to spend top dollar to buy an authentic. It was worth it in my mind to get the real deal but it set me back a bit. Even the authentic Edge jerseys seem a little weaker than I would expect from an authentic jersey.

This is precisely why I don't wash my jerseys. Granted my only premier jersey is my Callahan heritage that hasn't seen the light of day yet and still has tags on it, but I don't wash any of my jerseys. Well, I wash them when they come in if I get them off eBay (blanks), because I don't trust that "new without tags" crap but I don't wash anything that's already lettered and I don't buy customized jerseys off eBay that don't have tags.

Well, My premier 3rd Alt came in today, got it with some remaining paypal balance. Going to bring it to Custom Crafted and see how it turns out.

That's why I had to spend top dollar to buy an authentic. It was worth it in my mind to get the real deal but it set me back a bit. Even the authentic Edge jerseys seem a little weaker than I would expect from an authentic jersey.

River City Sports is currently still having a $150 EDGE authentic deal. So check that out if you are looking for discount authentics. :thumbsup:

River City Sports is currently still having a $150 EDGE authentic deal. So check that out if you are looking for discount authentics. :thumbsup:

would have jumped on that but no Bruins home...lol

My premier jersey that I wear for every game while watching at home for good luck (well not so much good luck this year) is in great shape after 4 washes. I have a lg steam washer and dryer and just use the steam setting. It uses less water.

I had to wash my authentic. It itched too much not to wash it, it was unbearable. I just washed it on delicate setting and air dried it.

• 1 month later...

I would recommend delicate setting for Premiers and Edges. I accidentally washed my Fleury Premier in the regular setting ( I was exhausted after the game, don't know why I decided to do laundry at 10:30 PM) anyways, the fast agitation bent the chest crest. I managed to get the dent out but it has a nice ding to it. I've worn that Fleury Premier to death and it's held up quite well. My Blackhawks CCM550 Replica has a longer life then the Pens one and it's also pretty durable. Though I agree with everyone, Edge is the way to go if you can afford it. I can't buy a Premier now after owning an Edge or two - it's all I buy now..

Never ever buy a Premier, unless like your gf asks for a jersey for Christmas or whatever. Edges are more expensive, but it is soooooooooooooo worth it. Double stitching ftw