2011 IIHF World Championships

Dasle

Since we didn't have a thread about the tournament yet, I figured I'd start one...mainly to discuss Mikael Grandlund's goal today (although it'll be a catch-all thread for any other discussions). I hope I'm not the only one to see it, but I'm sure it'll be on the highlights tonight.

It was the first goal in the Finland - Russia game. Pretty incredible for a kid to try that in the semifinals!

No video yet :/

I'm watching it. That goal bumbed me out.

GO RUSSIA!!!

I know what you mean, although I'm rooting for Finland so I thought it was hilarious how the Russian goalie just stared at him after. I would hate to see the game decided on that goal though.

Here's the video:

Since we didn't have a thread about the tournament yet, I figured I'd start one...mainly to discuss Mikael Grandlund's goal today (although it'll be a catch-all thread for any other discussions). I hope I'm not the only one to see it, but I'm sure it'll be on the highlights tonight.

It was the first goal in the Finland - Russia game. Pretty incredible for a kid to try that in the semifinals!

No video yet :/

Incredible goal....The fact he was moving, and the goalie was actually moving with him makes it that much more amazing. It's not like the other "Zorro" goals where the player was stationary behind the net and faked the goalie and went opposite side, top shelf. I'd be happy with a 1-0 Finland victory. It would set up the old Sweden-Finland rivalry.

Team Canada Failed. :(

The bet the rating drop through the floor when Canada is knocked out of a medal game.

I hate lacrosse style goals with a passion. The point of the game is to shoot the puck with your stick, not carry it or throw it. If I were commissioner, that kind of play would be a penalty for "traveling" the day I became in charge.