Derek Boogaard Found Dead

NYIJM29

Just hearing about this. Absolutely horrible. As much as he didn't play much for us, I really liked the guy and the job he did as an enforcer and I was really hoping he'd be back next season as the big body up front to throw people around. This sucks.

RIP Derek Boogaard :-\

I used to go to the Wild practices when they were forced out of the Xcel center by a concert at times. That gave me the chance to talk to the players including Boogaard a number of times. He was always a nice guy and never turned anyone away for an autograph, no matter how many times they had asked him before. All the Wild players were great that way. He wore these glasses off the ice which made him look like a teacher and not at all the intimidating force he was on the ice. He even gave me one of his sticks one time, which I still have. A really cool guy and nice as could be off the ice. I'd sure be curious to know what the cause of death was since it was so unexpected.

All of us here in Minnesota sure were happy for him when he scored his goal with the Rangers to take some of the ridicule of his game off of him.

Here is some of the Legend of the Boogey Man. Seriously, who else does this happen to?

Aw man, this just blows. He wasn't the greatest player but the fans dug him and he was a Ranger. Very sad indeed. God Bless, Boogs.