Winnipeg is BACK!

Here we go again!

To all the Winnipeg Fans:

The Fat lady was only warming up. It Aint over!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/nhl/True-North-negotiating-for-Thrashers-report-121898789.html <---- Grassy Knoll

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/139077-cause-for-celebration <---- GO JETS GO!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of friends in Atlanta and they say the fan support for the Thrashers is pathetic. I think it would be a good move for them and the NHL. Maybe Teemu can finish his career where he started! (I hope not!)

There's loose talk that the group in Winnipeg looking to acquire whatever NHL team would brand them under the Manitoba Moose (they currently own this team)..not the Jets or current team name. Not sure what would happen to the Moose then but I know they talked about having them relocate if an NHL team were to return the Winnipeg. I'd enjoy having a Jets franchise back but I would equally enjoy the Moose as an NHL team.

I have a couple of friends in Atlanta and they say the fan support for the Thrashers is pathetic. I think it would be a good move for them and the NHL. Maybe Teemu can finish his career where he started! (I hope not!)

Its ridiculous. I just want the team out of here. I live in Atlanta for school btw.

I've heard the same about going with the Manitoba Moose name. Something like the ownership group saying they've spent so much time and money on the Moose brand that they'd like to keep it going when the NHL comes back.

And as was mentioned above, WAY better looking logos/jerseys for the Moose anyways.

Personally I like the Jets name better. Although the Moose jerseys would be great in the NHL. Also I can't find an article on it but I was watching SportsCentre on TSN and Darren Dreger reported that even if Atlanta relocated to Winnipeg, they would stay in the southeast division for next season.

Well, by the time they would be able to get the deal done, there wouldn't be any time left to realign the divisions, conferences and schedules so it does make sense. It'd be like the first year the Flames were in Calgary and they still played in the old Patrick Division with the Rangers, Flyers, Islanders and Capitals.

ITS DONE!! THE DEAL IS DONE!!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/5/19/2180449/atlanta-thrashers-sale-winnipeg-

True North Sports and Entertainment now OWN the Thrashers! I'm sure we all know what that means!

The Canadian press and some American newspapers are already confirming the move to back too the Great White North as the night go on.

I'm watching the Boston/T-Bay game right now and the Sportsnet guys are also saying the move is almost %100 for sure.

STAY TUNED!

I would like to forget the Thrashers and Patric Stefan too

Was he a player? Name sounds vaguely familiar. He was the guy that messed up in the playoffs for the Stars against the Oilers, right?

A little weird, but I out-lived the Atlanta Thrashers (as did pretty much everyone on this board)!

Man this is stressing me out! One minute Atlanta Thrashers, then Winnipeg Thrashers, and now back to Atlanta Thrashers! Let's just flip a coin! blink.gif

So I understand the deal to move Atlanta to Winnipeg is close, but not "final". IMO it's only a matter of time before the Thrashers are sent packing. Not that I agree with the move, I'm just saying that the media has made it seem like that the deal is pretty close to being confirmed.

I actually saw him score the first goal of his career against Dominik Hasek.

Doesnt sound good for Atlanta, but, Ill believe it when the NHL announces it. The Canadian media has confirmed about 40 times over the last 2 years that the Coyotes move to Winnipeg was a 'done deal' to be announced officially in 2 weeks.

Was he a player? Name sounds vaguely familiar. He was the guy that messed up in the playoffs for the Stars against the Oilers, right?

A little weird, but I out-lived the Atlanta Thrashers (as did pretty much everyone on this board)!

1st overall pic by Atlanta in 1999. Biggest flub of all time!

You are correct, Stars and Oilers.

Worst give away of all time IMO. Hands down.

Speechless.

sounds maybe a little legit official now

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/320236.html

using Bing translate

"There was never doubts that Winnipeg would have his NHL team, but had to be first and foremost that end negotiations between the parties involved and the agreement was finally reached between True North, Atlanta Spirit and NHL supports our colleague Renaud Lavoie.

The NHL required 60 million dollars in relocation costs and this demand has slowed the process.

The national hockey League put water in his wine talks and agreed to pass the costs of relocation of 60 to 40 million."

I thought the same thing but...if RDS is accurate...then WHY WHY WHY is it not on any of the other media outlets from Canada? It's not on TSN.ca OR CBC.ca. Very odd.