Winnipeg is BACK!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does my old Thrashers jersey from when I was a kid become valuable now? :)

Give it 5 years.

Both of their third jerseys are going to go for big bucks when the economy/market gets stronger.

Yes Winnipeg will play in the South East for one year, then the NHL will re-align.

I would assume they are waiting for the Phoenix mess to play out.

Anyone else watch the press conference? The retarded Premier of Manitoba, Greg Selinger, who was on hand for the retirement ceremony a little while ago, referred to Mike Keanne as 'Mark' three times in a row....

I merged both Jets threads into one Winnipeg one.

I caught the whole Mark Keane thing too. That was pretty funny. I really hope they keep the Jets name though. That would bring back so many great hockey memories of when I was younger and I know I wouldn't be the only one. The honorable thing to do, from Phoenix' standpoint, would be to surrender the history of the Jets and allow the new team to adopt it. Just like the way the Browns kept their Cleveland history despite moving to Baltimore. I doubt the Coyotes would do that however.

Guess I need to go and get me one of those Thrasher alts for my Kovalchuk collection before they become hard to find.

>Anyone else watch the press conference? The retarded Premier of Manitoba, Greg Selinger, who was on hand for the retirement ceremony a little while ago, referred to Mike Keanne as 'Mark' three times in a row....

That was hilarious!! Manitoba has a provincial election coming in the Fall and the premier was certainly working the "I'm the hardcore hockey guy who brought back the NHL" angle... but instead will look like a tard in Question Period when the leader of the opposition mentions this boner...

"Mark Keane" indeed... :wacko:

Glad to see the NHL back in Winnipeg. This time I hope the team stays put and does NOT leave. This is one of the reasons IMO people/cities deserve a SECOND chance in life. :thumbsup:

I don't see why the league would NOT call them the Winnipeg Jets. The fans should vote on it or something. Any other name IMO I think would detract from the team, or not make the team as noticeable to hockey fans.

Yes for all of you who own Thrashers jerseys, HANG ON TO THEM. Because in 10-15 years they will probably carry some value. Especially if you have the pre-EDGE styles.

The honorable thing to do, from Phoenix' standpoint, would be to surrender the history of the Jets and allow the new team to adopt it. Just like the way the Browns kept their Cleveland history despite moving to Baltimore. I doubt the Coyotes would do that however.

Other than taking Ducky, Steen and Hull off the Ring of Honor business, what is there to surrender?

Phoenix don't own the rights to the Jets name or the logo, the NHL does, got returned to them a long time ago ('96). So there's no obstacle there if Winnipeg wants to go that way.

I'm glad for the Winnipeggers that they've got a team, but I'm very sorry for the fans in Atlanta, who must feel like crap.

WE LOVE THE WINNIPEG WHATEVERS!!

I'd like to see them called, in order, the Winnipeg Jets, the Manitoba Moose or the Winnipeg Falcons - but only if they don't wear mustard colored jerseys!

Other than taking Ducky, Steen and Hull off the Ring of Honor business, what is there to surrender?

Phoenix don't own the rights to the Jets name or the logo, the NHL does, got returned to them a long time ago ('96). So there's no obstacle there if Winnipeg wants to go that way.

I'm glad for the Winnipeggers that they've got a team, but I'm very sorry for the fans in Atlanta, who must feel like crap.

Yeah that's very true. I didn't think about that, but I am glad you brought it up. Yes there are definitely fans in Atlanta who are depressed, but honestly, if it were such a BIG deal, the team would have been saved OR we would have seen a bigger support. I also send my condolences to Thrashers fans out there. I am also sorry you lost your team. :(

The word on the street is the new team name will be announced on June 28. The Mayor Sam Katz said using the "Jets" name again is unlikely. unsure.gifmad.gifnoway.gif

New Winnipeg NHL Team

The word on the street is the new team name will be announced on June 28. The Mayor Sam Katz said using the "Jets" name again is unlikely. unsure.gifmad.gifnoway.gif

New Winnipeg NHL Team

Well he's not the owner, so who knows? Although I prefer Jets.

It would have been nice if they unveiled the name at the draft. Guess the draft pick receives an NHL ASG jersey or NHL promotional jersey? :rolleyes: They wouldn't give a Thrashers jersey...if they did, that would be extremely cruel.

The Winnipeg team has already reached 13000 ticket sales. :stickhndl:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367846

17 minutes too sell out!

Good riddance Atlanta Thrashers! Welcome Back Home Winnipeg Whatevers!

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Looks like its time to brake out all your old school Jets jerseys guys!!

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110624/winnipeg-nhl-team-head-coach-110624/20110624/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

The Jets Live again!!!

Awesome! I can wear my Selanne Jets jerseys!!!

Thats #### legend there getting the old name back. It shouldnt be any other name and this is good news for all.