2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Thanks for the heads up Islesfan25, I missed out on the 56s but was able to snag a 54.

I contacted them and begged them to send me a 56 or larger if they have it in place of the 54, but I wasn't going to risk missing out again waiting on a bigger size.

I also want to thank Brillant and JohnnyOnTheSpot for send me PMs to let me know about this. I need to learn to check my mail before bed :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up Islesfan25, I missed out on the 56s but was able to snag a 54.

I contacted them and begged them to send me a 56 or larger if they have it in place of the 54, but I wasn't going to risk missing out again waiting on a bigger size.

I also want to thank Brillant and JohnnyOnTheSpot for send me PMs to let me know about this. I need to learn to check my mail before bed :lol:

Well bought! The Eminger jersey eventually sold for $511.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=120907156200&nma=true&rt=nc&si=6DIUQVLlAWNnlsOUq%252FgxodSvRVg%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So you did very well for these that now only require name (of your chosing) and numbers. Nice.

I was able to snag the other 54 (which is the size I actually wear) which was awesome. Dave from HJO is super legit, I've dealt with him in the past. Going to find out today if Arena Wear will still customize these. I'm thinking Hagelin or Prust.

If anyone was able to snag one of the 56s and wants to swap with a 54, let me know.

I'm hoping that HJO found the motherload of these and more will be available so everyone else who was still looking for one can get in on the fun.

EDIT: just heard back from Dave at HJO, he said all he got was the two 56s and two 54s. Didn't sound like he was optimistic that he'd be getting other sizes either.

I was able to snag the other 54 (which is the size I actually wear) which was awesome. Dave from HJO is super legit, I've dealt with him in the past. Going to find out today if Arena Wear will still customize these. I'm thinking Hagelin or Prust.

Do we know if Arena Wear did the customization for the team for the WC? Or if someone else did because it was a special event like the ASG?

Do we know if Arena Wear did the customization for the team for the WC? Or if someone else did because it was a special event like the ASG?

The Flyers' regular customizers did their jerseys.

Next time I am in PLA I'll try to ask who customized the Rangers jerseys, as they tracked down whomever did them. But I won't be back for at the very least 10 days or so...

That would be great. I'm in no particular rush to get it done, but if Arena Wear DID do it for the team, I'd send it out through the NHL Store instead of going to EPS.

That would be great. I'm in no particular rush to get it done, but if Arena Wear DID do it for the team, I'd send it out through the NHL Store instead of going to EPS.

I just asked at the NHL Store, and they said that Arena Wear did do them, and would do mine for $80. Hagelin.... or Prust...

I just asked at the NHL Store, and they said that Arena Wear did do them, and would do mine for $80. Hagelin.... or Prust...

Between those two I'd do Hagelin. I got my kit from EPS and it is spot on IMO but but they (Arena Wear) did the on ice I'm sure you are good to go!

Go Hagelin! Prust should only go on a replica :thumbsup:

I have been a home-grown kind of guy. If I am sending a jersey out, I'd want a home-grown or a player that made their name for themselves on the Islanders and will stay for a while.

Between those two I'd do Hagelin. I got my kit from EPS and it is spot on IMO but but they (Arena Wear) did the on ice I'm sure you are good to go!

I agree on Hagelin, I just hate having the rookie number, not sure why. I can't believe I finally found one of these. I had given up hope of paying less than $500.

I agree on Hagelin, I just hate having the rookie number, not sure why. I can't believe I finally found one of these. I had given up hope of paying less than $500.

It's all about the rookie numbers! I am going order a Cizikas 53, have a Kabanov 37 Isles, Hamonic 36. I probably will not go with the Martin 46 or de Haan 44, but Isles rookies usually have their number choice. Rookie numbers are special and show you are a fan of the player before they made it!

Glad u guys got them.....Now if you guys could find me a fisherman or wave Isles...i would be happy

Glad u guys got them.....Now if you guys could find me a fisherman or wave Isles...i would be happy

Spoke to Dave from HJO, and he told me that these jerseys were ordered in NOVEMBER from Reebok, and just came when he put them up on Ebay. So, perhaps there is hope for others here that similar things with happen with other retailers???

I am on the brink of getting a replica from him.

Those are fake

I am on the brink of getting a replica from him.

In my opinion, HJO is one of the best in the business. Super fast, reliable, and remarkably friendly. Guys like Dave make the hobby tick.

Finally got the invoice and paid last night. Lundqvist rep WC on it's way to me from HJO.

Thanks Dave!

Still looking for Flyers size 56/58 any leads would be great I do have asize 54 #28 if any one interested in a trade

Whoo hoo!

Priority Mail® Depart USPS Sort Facility May 17, 2012 PHOENIX, AZ 85043

It'll be here today!

I'm really happy with my jersey!

bd377fc0.jpg

ce97c501.jpg