Isles Third Jersey Concepts

IslesHockey21

I really like the orange lighthouse one. Im also praying it wont be black. They have the best colors already, adding in black just isnt gonna work for me.

I am in the minority here, but I do like the different color nameplates. Nice concepts!

My favorite Isles concept is still the one with the nautical rope around the lighthouse with Long Island Hockey Club.

The Isles are notorious for not knowing what the hell they're doing when it comes to thirds (although I love the fisherman jerseys) but that orange POS from a few years ago was just as hideous. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with some color that was never part of their scheme, like black.

No offense taken. I wish I could have designed that bad boy. The rope on a crest is an excellent touch. The only thing I would change on that is I would have the colors match what they are wearing now. It really bothers me with goalie equipment looks silly on the third jersey. Just look at Vokoun's pads this year. I'd have the blue be royal blue at the very least.

No offense taken. I wish I could have designed that bad boy. The rope on a crest is an excellent touch. The only thing I would change on that is I would have the colors match what they are wearing now. It really bothers me with goalie equipment looks silly on the third jersey. Just look at Vokoun's pads this year. I'd have the blue be royal blue at the very least.

I also think it would look better with a lighter blue, but I really like the logo

I also think it would look better with a lighter blue, but I really like the logo

Just a very quick photoshop to go with a more royal blue ...

117d88z.jpg

I don't like it. I think part of what makes the original one pop is the darker color.

I agree. The darker blue is much sharper looking. I don't know why either because I usually don't like the navy-style jerseys but that one is really wild.

Thanks Akteon! I actually like the lighter version better. Weird, both ranger fans agree on navy, while the Islander fan likes royal.

The lighter blue there isn't the right Islander blue. Here is the correct one with the color lifted off the Isles logo on Chris Creamer's site:

colorschanged.png

EDIT: for some reason when uploaded the blue gets a shade darker. Imagine the blue one notch lighter (not much) matching the one here.

In a perfect world everywhere there is teal/greenish blue/whatever there is it would be white. A simple color replace messed everything up so I couldn't do it everywhere.

IMO, makes it perfect.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when teams go off their palette on a third.

Either way, that can be one sexy jersey...I might have to buy a blank gamewear and put that logo on it (for personal pleasure, with permission from the artist of course)

The lighter blue there isn't the right Islander blue.

Well I said it was a quick photoshop job :P

I think the script one is real nice but almost too simple. They should defiantly incorporate the lighthouse somewhere on the jersey too even if its just the shoulder patches. Also if they ever give us a winter classic the jerseys should be those cream colored ones.