Game Worn Auctions.net

Sluggermatt15

I have been searching across the web for a few specific game worn jerseys. And I see gamewornauctions.net has auctioned some of them in the past, so I was thinking they might have more sometime in the future.

I'm interested in the getting the "lowdown" on them and their site. I have been reading and I understand they charge some pretty hefty fees on winning, don't accept Paypal, and several other things.

So could someone, who is preferably a member, please outline the important info regarding this site, how it works, and if it is worth it to bid on there.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Well, the one good thing is that they ship from Pennsylvania, unlike Classic Auctions which is in Quebec(I think) so the shipping isn't as bad or as long. But, other than that, it's pretty much the same. You have to use a credit card to pay for everything and the auction fees do suck but you can end up finding some good stuff. It never hurts to be a member at those auction places because of the steals you can end up finding. Just don't go too crazy because of the whole credit card thing.

I missed out on the Vaske Isles wave jersey...really should have bid. I am so mad at myself. It ended for $165. Did anyone on here win it?

Well, the one good thing is that they ship from Pennsylvania, unlike Classic Auctions which is in Quebec(I think) so the shipping isn't as bad or as long. But, other than that, it's pretty much the same. You have to use a credit card to pay for everything and the auction fees do suck but you can end up finding some good stuff. It never hurts to be a member at those auction places because of the steals you can end up finding. Just don't go too crazy because of the whole credit card thing.

HEY I LIVE IN QUEBEC!!

Game worn is the #2 auction house for game worn jerseys after classic. David and Alan are stand up guys i deal with David mostly and are straight shooters and fellow collectors.

Classic is #1 simply because they get many former nhlers to consign with them. Currently they have all of Luc Robitailles personal game worn stuff for auction. They also sold Paul Henderson's 1972 game winning goal jersey for over a million dollars.

Marc Juteau is the owner and he is also great to deal with and takes care of his customers.

I will warn that you still have to do your homework and not because a jersey s being sold by an auction house makes it a "solid gamer". I have seen a few times a couple get through the quality control and even sell for a couple thousand. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Also the standard HAMMER FEE which is the fee you pay after winning an item is 20% is talked on to the winning bid. Also you have to factor shipping charges which are around 35$

there are deals at times but usually stuff sell for more then what it is worth. Like last auction i saw a 91 Bourque sell for 7.5k but theres been one for sale On joe tomon site with a loa for 4.5K actually its still for sale!

if you need any other advice PM me

good luck

They charge 2 dollars on your credit card to verify its you, its also a way for them to have your credit card info in case you ever decide to bid and then not pay!! they will charge your card.

i can tell you i collected gamer for a long time without ever buying from an auction house, however if you want to get high end stuff auction houses are your best bet also it allows you to meet other collectors through the forum.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Does Game Worn Auctions really charge you $2.00 to register?

Although it hasn't showed up on my statement yet, yes I had to pay the $1.99 to register.

Most of the jerseys I was looking at went for way higher than I was willing to pay, especially when

you add the 20%.

Was looking at a Willie Mitchell photo matched Vancouver jersey, went for a decent price I thought but

really didn't fit my collection except for the fact he is a current King.

Does ClassicAuctions charge the 20% fee? I didn't see any mention of it.

Yes classic charges 20% hammer they also charge significantly ore for consignment fees game worn charges 5% + 25 dollars per shirt calssic can charge 20% on consignment.

the hammer fee is usally 20% everywhere except paragon

Yes classic charges 20% hammer they also charge significantly ore for consignment fees game worn charges 5% + 25 dollars per shirt calssic can charge 20% on consignment.

the hammer fee is usally 20% everywhere except paragon

Thanks for the reply sungod661

I signed up because there were some pretty good deals in previous auctions.

Similar jerseys went for way higher this time around it seems.

Guys, Would anybody willing to use their classic auction account to make a bid for me on a lot? I'm interested in one lot but just want to go through the 1st timer hassle I live in the states and would be willing to pay you by personal check or paypal . PM me and let me know regards

That's a mighty big request for someone to make in their first ever post on the board. You might just have to go through the hassle on this one unless you find someone willing to put themselves on the line for a stranger. Are you a member of any other boards where you are well known?

oh hey guys, will anyone let a complete stranger put a few thousand on their credit card? I'll write you a check, swear!