MeiGray Expo

I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured this is the best spot.

I have managed to secure a spot at my very own collector's table at this year's upcoming MeiGray game-worn Expo. I'll be there with my friend Scott who is also a collector...only, his collection is a little more focused than mine. We will be displaying our combined Rangers and Rangers-related stuff and I will have, in addition to the Rangers stuff, my IIHF-Rangers stuff and maybe even some of the harder to find IIHF ones I have as well. For those of us who are attending, please feel free to stop by and get punche--I mean, say hi! Also, if there's anything that you'd like me to bring specifically, let me know and I will.

Can you please bring your Dennis Potvin 1982 GW Stanley Cup jersey? :thumbsup:

On a serious note, take some pictures for me. I would love to see what you bring. I will be unable to attend this year. Have fun!

I'll be there. Probably hanging out with Mike, like last year. Also, going to talk to Phil Pritchard (he's the man as well as he used some of my research for a paper to help the HOF Archives), and Mike Grueber (part owner of WorldHockeyJerseys). I wont' have a table, but I was wandering around last year (I know Brilliant! and rob77ta met me), so as many of you guys as possible should go!

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE: It looks like I'll be flying solo for the Expo since my friend is going to have to be out of town on business. Anyone who feels like hanging at the table for a little while or even for the duration with me is more than welcome. You'd be helping me out anyway since I'm gonna want to wander around to check out everything there.

I will be there to police your collection. The Lindros Canada jersey should be fair payment for my services!

I will be there to police your collection. The Lindros Canada jersey should be fair payment for my services!

He has a Flyers player in his collection I am schocked well he does own more Canada jerseys than USA so there is hope yet .

Well, first off, Lindros DID play for the Rangers...even though I'd kinda like to forget that...but that IS the reason I got the jersey. And as for me having more Canada ones than USA ones, that just simply isn't true! The official count so far is 16-12 stars and stripes.

Oh yeah and I do have more than ONE Flyers player in my collection. Going just off of memory, there's Lindros, Dykhuis, Renberg and Murray Baron. Murray Baron?????

Well, first off, Lindros DID play for the Rangers...even though I'd kinda like to forget that...but that IS the reason I got the jersey. And as for me having more Canada ones than USA ones, that just simply isn't true! The official count so far is 16-12 stars and stripes.

Oh yeah and I do have more than ONE Flyers player in my collection. Going just off of memory, there's Lindros, Dykhuis, Renberg and Murray Baron. Murray Baron?????

Is that counting the one I have still to ship as The Lock out is over I have a few comming your way Sir

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have on a red Washington Nationals 3rd Strasburg jersey so I should stick out like a sore thumb. It's entirely too hot to go with a hockey jersey though. I wouldn't want to end up sweating through something because I know that's exactly what would happen.

I'll have on a red Washington Nationals 3rd Strasburg jersey so I should stick out like a sore thumb. It's entirely too hot to go with a hockey jersey though. I wouldn't want to end up sweating through something because I know that's exactly what would happen.

Are you buying any jerseys at the warehouse sale and is it better than ordering after the expo ????

The sale doesn't start until the Expo ends at 4pm. Then, those who pre-registered, get first crack at going back to the MeiGray warehouse and picking out what they want from their inventory. Personally, I don't think I'll be buying anything. Not unless I can come up with a couple hundred dollars between now and then.

Agreed Mike. I would wear a basketball jersey but my man boobs would hang out the sides. LOL! Just kidding (don't even own one of them). Not happy with the Summer Sale discounts though so I'm not sure if I will even go back to the warehouse.

If I get ANYTHING, it would be either a Tyutin Rangers/Wolfpack jersey or the lone Paul Mara one they have left. I already have two of his Rangers ones from the same year but the price sure would be right.

I wish they would have done 50 percent off of 09-10 sets. I had a few picked out.

I would imagine 4pm but don't hold me to that. You should e-mail them and find out. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help.

Holy crap, I just filled up one of those 35 gal. plastic rectangle tubs with jerseys I'm bringing and I STILL don't have everything coming with me in it!

Same here

Same here but will buy at least one from 2002-03 till 2008-09

we will have to wait till next year for those or maybe the next big sale (why not just take offers up to 50% of jerseys ) and the ones marked with a * are they on consignment and not up for offers

Holy crap, I just filled up one of those 35 gal. plastic rectangle tubs with jerseys I'm bringing and I STILL don't have everything coming with me in it!

Wait. Are you displaying your collection or are you selling some of your jerseys at the expo?

I'm just displaying my stuff. Not even ALL of my stuff either. Just all Rangers, Rangers-related IIHF, all Paul Mara, all Alex Mogilny and some other notable IIHF jerseys. All told, I think I have about 50 jerseys ready to go.