Should Aaron Rome be suspended?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Aaron Rome be suspended?

• Yes - 1 game
    • Yes - 2 games
    • Yes - 3 or more games
    • No

That was a nasty collision! What do you think about Rome being suspended or not?

Although being a Canucks fan I have to say it has to be suspenable. Although Nathan Horton is having complete movement in his extremities so that's good to hear. 2 games to the very least.

I've let my views on all of these hits legal and illegal be known before

http://5-hole.com/2010/11/23/why-i-hate-open-ice-hits/

Suspended the rest of the series and the first five games of next season.

My max is 7 games regardless of playoffs or regular season.

Edit: Was Rome ever a repeat offender?

Due to the impact with the head and the lateness of the impact, I'd say at least three games. Had he hit him two ticks earlier and shoulder to chest, it would have been a good hockey hit, but he was late and high. Hopefully the NHL will find conclusive evidence it happened.

This would be Shanny's first suspension...I think. Lets see how he handles it

You'd be wrong, I believe. I believe Campbell handed duties to someone else before the SCF and Shanny takes over next season.

You'd be wrong, I believe. I believe Campbell handed duties to someone else before the SCF and Shanny takes over next season.

My bad, you are correct.:thumbsup: Mike Murphy for the playoffs, then Shanny

Well it's CLEARLY a hit to the head. And according to the "new" rules placed by the NHL, it is ILLEGAL to hit a player above the shoulders. So based on this, the NHL SHOULD SUSPEND him. But we have seen other cases in these playoffs where players were hit in the head and there was NO suspension, yet alone NO penalty. :noway: And considering that the NHL is turning into a garage league, I would NOT be surprised to see them fine Rome, but no suspension, because I don't believe he is a previous offender.

********** the NHL if no suspension is handed down!!!!!!!!!!!

Well he got 4 games according to TSN...which to me I'd give me all 5. If you are saying its bad enough to be a 4 game, Horton's out for the rest of the series why give him the opportunity to come back and play if there is a game 7. I'm going for the Canucks, but would rather see him gone as long as Horton is.

There are only 4 games maximum left that could be played if it goes all the way to game 7.

Lol long day in training at work, I was thinking not including last nights game...then to me it's the right call

Rage it's all good. In another thread I posted the Canucks would win it all in game 6 at home. Lol I thinking about the basketball final format of 2-3-2. We all have brain farts!

Its hardly an obscenely late hit. It wasn't even an entire second from the time puck left his stick to being pounded. World class pass watching right there. And for those of you saying its a hit to the head, this isn't one of those that falls under blindside hit to the head. Its a north-south hit, not an east-west hit ala Cooke on Savard, or Chara on Pacioretty.

CHEAPSHOT.gif.pagespeed.ce.aVK6dcySPe.gif

notice he left his feet also..

Edit: Was Rome ever a repeat offender?

I've never known him to be that kind of player. At least not when he was with Columbus. My thoughts are that it was just an aggressive hockey hit. He deserved a suspension but I've seen worse. The NHL seems to be inconsistent issuing out discipline.

Also, Rome has taken some nasty hits before. Caution though, if you are squeamish at the site of blood, do not view.

Mcginn hit on Rome

Its hardly an obscenely late hit. It wasn't even an entire second from the time puck left his stick to being pounded. World class pass watching right there. And for those of you saying its a hit to the head, this isn't one of those that falls under blindside hit to the head. Its a north-south hit, not an east-west hit ala Cooke on Savard, or Chara on Pacioretty.

Either way Rome awoke the sleeping giant in Boston. Boston rallied on that play and took 4 out of the last 5 games in the series. Rome made a big time play, for Boston that is.