Storing Your Collection

mharolde

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I've read through this thread and this has been mentioned briefly but most of the discussion has been more about storage.

For those who hang their jerseys in a closet or elsewhere, what are the best hangers to use? There are so many brands and types that I'm not sure which to buy.  I'm going to be hanging mine up and protection and keeping them clean are going to be my two main concerns.  I want a hanger that'll look nice and will protect the shoulders and any patches on the shoulders from damage or folding.  Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

I use these thin velvet no-slip hangers. Only minus is that the cheapo ones break pretty regularly.

Ultra-Thin-No-slip-Velvet-Suit-Hangers-P

Same. Box of 50 at Bed Bath and Beyond is like $20.

I use them for all the clothes in my closet, not just the jerseys. 

How do you guys keep your jersey crests flat in the closet? I've yet to find a hanger that was wide enough to keep the front crest from bending (I have those felt-covered ones too). I try to keep the jerseys as tight together as possible but they still aren't as flat as I'd imagine they should be.

31 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

How do you guys keep your jersey crests flat in the closet? I've yet to find a hanger that was wide enough to keep the front crest from bending (I have those felt-covered ones too). I try to keep the jerseys as tight together as possible but they still aren't as flat as I'd imagine they should be.

I've never had an issue with the crests bending on a hanger. Mine are packed pretty tight which helps, but honestly, crest bending is never something I even considered. I just hang them in there nicely so the crest isn't creased, but bending? Never even thought about it. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I've never had an issue with the crests bending on a hanger. Mine are packed pretty tight which helps, but honestly, crest bending is never something I even considered. I just hang them in there nicely so the crest isn't creased, but bending? Never even thought about it. 

Kind of hard to explain but the way the jerseys sit on the hangers the front sags a little which causes the crests to curve inward or outward. The longer they sit like that the more they stay like that when I pull them off to wear them. Nothing a little heat/steam from the iron can't fix but it's annoying all the same. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Kind of hard to explain but the way the jerseys sit on the hangers the front sags a little which causes the crests to curve inward or outward. The longer they sit like that the more they stay like that when I pull them off to wear them. Nothing a little heat/steam from the iron can't fix but it's annoying all the same. 

Did someone say...a little heat?

20160212_203344-1_zpszw2girqu.jpg

Just now, thebiggoalie said:

Make my panini already!

Sorry buddy...didn't buy that attachment. 

10 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Make my panini already!

Don't make demands...this is how the last guy wound up!!

5A126694-93D2-43E5-91E7-C6E40CFCB8AE_zps

How do some of you guys store them who don't have the closet space ..beside keeping them in totes or bins.   I had one of those portable closets that zip up and close but it collapsed from the weight of the jerseys.  I'm thinking I am going to have to build something but was wondering what others did

31 minutes ago, Xspoilerx said:

How do some of you guys store them who don't have the closet space ..beside keeping them in totes or bins.   I had one of those portable closets that zip up and close but it collapsed from the weight of the jerseys.  I'm thinking I am going to have to build something but was wondering what others did

If you had room for that, just get a metal rolling rack from Bed Bath & Beyond, see if they have a slipcover for the whole thing, if not, buy enough plastic garment bags to fit your jerseys.

Same concept as the portable closet but more sturdy. Just as ugly in your home, however. 

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you had room for that, just get a metal rolling rack from Bed Bath & Beyond, see if they have a slipcover for the whole thing, if not, buy enough plastic garment bags to fit your jerseys.

Same concept as the portable closet but more sturdy. Just as ugly in your home, however. 

Thanks.  I have been looking for for those but never checked Bed Bath & Beyond they are half the price of the some of the ones I was looking at.    I will just have to make a cover or get bags for them

I bought one of those portable closets on Amazon that has a cover around that zips open works great, only issue is that it's not really that wide but the cover of fabric so doesn't do anything to the jersey just kinda bulges out a little but for like $40 not bad at all. 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/29/2011 at 5:18 PM, billnchristy said:

I like the shoulder balls...great idea. We just recently got some wider than normal flattish hangers from bed bath and beyond and I always place the jersies in a way that the arms are forward so the patches don't get bent.

They are all in our living room closet and we wear our gamers as well.

Awesome. Jerseys are MEANT to be worn. I don't care how old this post is but I find absolutely no enjoyment just looking at a collection. Very weird. Exception being autographed jerseys. Wear the pits outta them bad boys. Cheers

19 hours ago, Danny James said:

Awesome. Jerseys are MEANT to be worn. I don't care how old this post is but I find absolutely no enjoyment just looking at a collection. Very weird. Exception being autographed jerseys. Wear the pits outta them bad boys. Cheers

Gotta wear them........