Islanders New Third Jerseys

CJ Matthews

I was at Stitches today and I was talking to one of the guys about the Islanders and I mentioned that I had heard the new third jersey was going to be black. He all but confirmed that it was going to be black, telling me that the last sample he made up for the team was a black jersey with orange on the arms. He said the jersey itself was really nice looking, except for one problem. The cresting of the jersey is going to be an arching "Islanders" word, and the player number in the center of the chest, just like the Thrashers red jerseys... Great job Islanders... :doh:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why teams make thirds or alternate jerseys with a color they have NEVER sported. Why BLACK?!?!?! It would be like if the Red Wings all of the sudden had a third jersey (which they NEVER have) and it was green or some color not even close to red or white.... IMO the Isles don't need a third. I believe their home blue and road whites are good enough. Just like back in the day.

Craziness I tell you! :noway:

Thansk! Actually, I am glad you said this and not me...that was one of the reasons why I planned on going to Stitches either this week or next week to look around lol :unsure:

But it does sound terrible. I would love to see a lighthouse incorporated into the design.

You can probably thank the Rangers for that one. They were pretty much the first team to use "non-team-specific" colors on their third jerseys. Navy? Gray? BLECH!

Did he (I think I know who you are talking about) mention anything about should patches/lettering/fonts? Is there going to be any blue on it? I might have to go to Stitches to connect the dots!

He didn't mention anything about patches or lettering or fonts. He said there's going to be orange on the arms, but not like piping, more like running down from the shoulder I think. I have to go there next week to pick up 3 jerseys so I can try to get more info on Saturday.

He didn't mention anything about patches or lettering or fonts. He said there's going to be orange on the arms, but not like piping, more like running down from the shoulder I think. I have to go there next week to pick up 3 jerseys so I can try to get more info on Saturday.

What I got out of that is that their current turn around time is one week!?!?!? I really gotta go in now!

Thanks for all of that info you spy, you :thumbsup:

do they have another location besides bayside? and can you really look around in there?

ive never actually been inside. the one time i went to drop something off, it was closed, and wasnt exactly the kind of storefront i was expecting for a place that does custom work for pro sports teams

do they have another location besides bayside? and can you really look around in there?

ive never actually been inside. the one time i went to drop something off, it was closed, and wasnt exactly the kind of storefront i was expecting for a place that does custom work for pro sports teams

You really cant look/snoop around per se. I would glance around when Eric was swiping my credit card. I saw a Rangers white liberty and a couple of customized Mets ivory pin stripe gamers, when I was last in there, as well as a stack full of Islanders' royal nameplates. Eric is really a great guy...extremely nice. He showed me the nameplates because we needed to figure out the correct spelling of Niederreiter (well, I did. He knew it. I thought it was Neiderreiter.)

im a yanks fan, i have an old mets BP jersey that i wanna do up with cone's name and #. i went there a few weeks ago actually to drop it off and they were closed for some reason. i havent been back...maybe this week.

Same here (with the Yankees). I bought a Mets jersey from PTF just so I could have a jersey customized by the official customizer.

I really hope the Isles go back to glacier twill. If they do a crest similar to the Mets' black jersey with the arched "Islanders", I wouldn't mind it that much because glacier twill kicks Arse!

Stitches hours are M-F 9 am-5pm, Sat: 9 am to noon, closed on Sundays. I always call before I go. Here is their number: 718-747-6444

Actually its taking them two weeks to do my jerseys, but I went in this week to drop one off for mike

Two weeks is still pretty good! Same turn around time as Denver Athletic. You gotta specify these variables when you are telling a story :thumbsup:

From Islander Mania (If anyone cares, Barry quoted it from someone who picked up a Sound Tigers GU jersey in Bridgeport. Barry is a great fan/jersey collector...he has to be on one of these boards :thumbsup: )

Yes, get this, the Islanders and Sound Tigers will be wearing black jerseys with Islanders/Sound Tigers in script on the front. They will have grey shoulders, and daggers going down the jersey to the pants. The jerseys will also have orange and blue in them, which may be the crest and the daggers, but I can't remember everything I was told today verbatim so don't quote me on that. Anyway, all I can say is it sounds like they will be ugly!

Update: I was forwarded a picture of a new Islanders jersey, but I don't see any grey or daggers in it which is differs from what I was told earlier. The crest is orange script with a white outline, the shoulders are blue, with orange and black stripes, and the sleeves are black with orange and black stripes and blue at the cuffs. The bottom of the jersey is blue with black and orange stripes above it, and the numbers are with orange trim, and they have numbers on the front too, below the team name.

I'm actually curious to see these now. Aside from the horrible cresting, the jersey itself sounds like a winner...not to be confused with a wiener, for those of us from NYC...

I'm actually curious to see these now. Aside from the horrible cresting, the jersey itself sounds like a winner...not to be confused with a wiener, for those of us from NYC...

I heard he pulled out (fine that is the most over used one...I can COME UP with a new one :thumbsup: -see what I did there ;) Another one!)

It sounds like a mash up of the Ducks and Thrashers (former) thirds + lines on the bottom

From Islander Mania (If anyone cares, Barry quoted it from someone who picked up a Sound Tigers GU jersey in Bridgeport. Barry is a great fan/jersey collector...he has to be on one of these boards :thumbsup: )

Yes, get this, the Islanders and Sound Tigers will be wearing black jerseys with Islanders/Sound Tigers in script on the front. They will have grey shoulders, and daggers going down the jersey to the pants. The jerseys will also have orange and blue in them, which may be the crest and the daggers, but I can't remember everything I was told today verbatim so don't quote me on that. Anyway, all I can say is it sounds like they will be ugly!

Update: I was forwarded a picture of a new Islanders jersey, but I don't see any grey or daggers in it which is differs from what I was told earlier. The crest is orange script with a white outline, the shoulders are blue, with orange and black stripes, and the sleeves are black with orange and black stripes and blue at the cuffs. The bottom of the jersey is blue with black and orange stripes above it, and the numbers are with orange trim, and they have numbers on the front too, below the team name.

Following the above:

islesblackjersey.gif

The only thing was that when I read that, I thought there would be thinner alternating orange/black lines (2 of each, representing decades...dont forget we are celebrating our 40th anniversary!)