Islanders New Third Jerseys

CJ Matthews

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes!

I'm with you on that one. Man I sure hope that is NOT the jersey the Islanders will be using as their third this coming fall... :noway:

Unfortunately, it sounds like that is going to be it. However, on Facebook, the Official Islanders page acknowledged that there have been numerous comments that were protesting the black jerseys and asked the FB followers to post what they wanted to see/what their jersey would look like. Hopefully they take that into consideration.

Unfortunately, it sounds like that is going to be it. However, on Facebook, the Official Islanders page acknowledged that there have been numerous comments that were protesting the black jerseys and asked the FB followers to post what they wanted to see/what their jersey would look like. Hopefully they take that into consideration.

That would be nice. I wouldn't mind seeing SOME black in the jersey, I think that'd be interesting. I don't think the jersey itself will look bad even if it is black, but seriously, lose the script wording and the football numbers on the front. It's hideous. Do something like the Mets and Yankees do. Stylized NY on the front, make the Y a hockey stick and be done with it. Even that would be better than "ISLANDERS" in gigantic letters.

That would be nice. I wouldn't mind seeing SOME black in the jersey, I think that'd be interesting. I don't think the jersey itself will look bad even if it is black, but seriously, lose the script wording and the football numbers on the front. It's hideous. Do something like the Mets and Yankees do. Stylized NY on the front, make the Y a hockey stick and be done with it. Even that would be better than "ISLANDERS" in gigantic letters.

Not a bad idea. Like the Mets alternate black jerseys or something. Maybe they could put a lighthouse on the front. That might draw some criticism, but I think it'd be cool.

I think I would like the jersey better if ORANGE was the primary color instead of black. Much like the Isles 6100 thirds where orange was the primary color, with blue and white trim. I don't think we'll have to keep guessing because eventually I bet some photos of this mysterious jersey will be leaked.

are they debuting it at the draft like the Panthers and Preds?

I can confirm that the Isles are giving out the royal jerseys at the draft

• 1 month later...
Ah, but wait... New rumors! I've recently been told that the Isles' new alts may actually have no black whatsoever. Instead? Grey. Think of that.

Specifically, the jersey itself would be the same royal blue we've come to know and love. Where it would differ is with grey shoulders and orange and grey trim. And the crest would feature a script mark. And if I were to guess, some non-traditional striping patterns.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/7/31/...watch-2011.html

I don't know where this came from, but there are rumors that the Sound Tigers (Isles' AHL team) were going to have gray on their black third jerseys (matching the Isles' jersey, with the exception of the gray). Maybe the Isles like the gray better? Maybe they scrapped the black plans because they saw the negative reaction?

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/7/31/...watch-2011.html

I don't know where this came from, but there are rumors that the Sound Tigers (Isles' AHL team) were going to have gray on their black third jerseys (matching the Isles' jersey, with the exception of the gray). Maybe the Isles like the gray better? Maybe they scrapped the black plans because they saw the negative reaction?

Says page not found. Also Moose, you will probably want a Nabokov Islanders jersey after reading this.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373039

Says page not found. Also Moose, you will probably want a Nabokov Islanders jersey after reading this.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373039

Try this link: http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/7/31/nhl-jerseywatch-2011.html

And uh, no. Screw Nabokov. He can go, with all of those people who voted "no" in tonight's referendum, and go do something physically impossible to themselves.

(I am not in a very good mood now) :angry:http://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangNYI/status/98228606874038273

You're not in a good mood? I hate the Isles and I'm pissed off. All the old farts who don't want their taxes to go up even though they're rich, retired geezers and can afford the tax hike and still voted the arena down need to go fist themselves. This effectively deprives me of the greatest hockey rivalry after 2015.

This is terrible for the sport in general. Can Barclays hold an NHL rink? (I was down there today actually. Saw the framework, the dome-style roof looks like it's gonna make for a nice place)

The worst thing is the taxes are gonna rise anyway. All local businesses will suffer. There will be no way the county will ever get out of this debt. If the Isles leave Long Island, I'm out. You can buy some nice houses in So Jerz, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.

See now that's not so bad the one on the bottom, I like that. Just lose the basketball numbers on the front and you've got yourself a nice jersey. I think the only thing I'd change is the grey cuffs, make them orange and be done with it.

Do we need another reason to laugh at the Islanders? Those are awful.